Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,436 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

joefkelley's Posts

Another bit of info: I just spoke to her, and she informed me that she discovered other people with Verizon are having trouble texting her as well, not just me.
No, we are still using the same devices.
In December, my mom attempted to switch her phone line from AT&T to Verizon, and join my account. However, she tells me something went wrong in the store, and they were unable to switch her over. She... See more...
In December, my mom attempted to switch her phone line from AT&T to Verizon, and join my account. However, she tells me something went wrong in the store, and they were unable to switch her over. She remained on AT&T. After that point, I have been unable to send her texts. I can receive texts from her, we can call each other just fine, I can text other people, she can receive texts from other people. Originally, the text would show as "sent" on my phone, but she would not receive it. Then several days later I would get a message back saying "delivery period elapsed, message to (number) deleted". I chatted with Verizon support a few times. We went through the basic steps - restarting phones, removing and reinserting sim cards, resetting settings, etc. The Verizon rep ran a "provisioning check" on my line, I think. It got escalated. It got escalated again, and a ticket was filed (), and they said they would get back to me. A few days later, they called me back, and informed me I should delete my message history with her and delete the contact, and the issue should be fixed. This didn't fix the issue, but it did change it slightly. Now when I try to text her, after a few seconds I see "Not sent. Tap to try again." It could very well be the issue is now on her provider's side. That's what support has let me know, and I've asked her to contact her support. But I wanted to exhaust the options on my end, so I'm posting here as one last attempt to see if anyone has other ideas about what might be going on. I have a Pixel 4 and I'm using the default android messages app. She has an iPhone XS Max.
I have this same problem, and Google searches turn up some more people with it, but no solutions. Did anyone figure this out? I have a Pixel 3 with fully up to date Android (9). It has happened for ... See more...
I have this same problem, and Google searches turn up some more people with it, but no solutions. Did anyone figure this out? I have a Pixel 3 with fully up to date Android (9). It has happened for every video I've received recently. They were sent from iPhones in group chats and worked fine for other users in the chat. I am using the default Android text app ("Messages").
Update: currently I'm getting a mix: my download speed is between 2 and 3 mbps, but upload speed is under 50 kbps. What is going on?!
Recently (about the last few days/weeks) I have been experiencing extremely slow and inconsistent connections while on 4G LTE with my Razr Maxx. However, it's only intermittent; it will be slow t... See more...
Recently (about the last few days/weeks) I have been experiencing extremely slow and inconsistent connections while on 4G LTE with my Razr Maxx. However, it's only intermittent; it will be slow to the point of being unusable for a few hours, and then like someone flipped a switch, get right back to a more usual speed (~2 mbps). I'd say it's about half and half slow vs fast. It's not an issue with signal strength (full bars, in Mountain View, CA) and restarting the phone has no effect. Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any possible explanation? To be honest, it seems to match what I would expect from Verizon's "Network Optimization" except for the fact that I'm on LTE. I'm definitely in the top 5% of users (probably more like top 0.5%) and the behavior of switching between a fast and slow connection lines up with the idea of only limiting usage during congestion. Has Verizon recently enabled this "feature" for LTE users? It's quite frustrating!