Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,424 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

sidewinderx's Posts

Lena,   It seems to work ok with YouTube. It also worked ok while streaming a flash video using Dolphin Browser. It's just with music that it consistently fails. I have removed the music a... See more...
Lena,   It seems to work ok with YouTube. It also worked ok while streaming a flash video using Dolphin Browser. It's just with music that it consistently fails. I have removed the music applications and re-installed them -- that did not solve the problem. I have not done a full device restore yet -- I was hoping to find a solution that worked without resorting to that. Is that the only thing left to try?
I tried to listen to music again today -- first with Google Play Music (didn't make it through one song before it rebooted the first time, then got through 1.5 songs the second time before reboot... See more...
I tried to listen to music again today -- first with Google Play Music (didn't make it through one song before it rebooted the first time, then got through 1.5 songs the second time before rebooting). I also transferred some more music via USB to the phone and tried to listen using a new (to me) music playing app, Cloudskipper Music Player. I got through 1 and a quarter songs before it rebooted. (This time was with no headphones or aux cable plugged in, just phone speakers) It seems like there is something wrong with the core music-playing functionality of the phone, as it crosses all these different music playing apps.
LasinaH: This is my personal music -- uploaded to Google Music via the PC app, then downloaded to my phone via Google Music, which is my preferred app to listen to music. I consistently have the ... See more...
LasinaH: This is my personal music -- uploaded to Google Music via the PC app, then downloaded to my phone via Google Music, which is my preferred app to listen to music. I consistently have the issue when trying to listen through Google Music. I have also tried listening to music via the Pandora app and the same thing happens. I transferred some music to my phone via USB cable and tried to listen to that with Winamp (downloaded from the Google Play Store), and had the same problem. Is there some diagnostic tool or log file that records these shut downs that I can provide to help shed more light?
VanessaS: I removed all of the task killer apps, all other apps that I don't really used, and uninstalled updates for the built-in apps I don't use. I tried both regular mode and safe mode. I tri... See more...
VanessaS: I removed all of the task killer apps, all other apps that I don't really used, and uninstalled updates for the built-in apps I don't use. I tried both regular mode and safe mode. I tried with an aux cable, a standard pair of earbuds, and pair of earbuds with a microphone. None of those combinations helped. I'll get through anywhere from 1 to 5 songs, then the phone with reboot. Without fail.
Hi All, I've got a Droid Razr M (had it for about a year), and it reboots regularly while I try and play music or run some apps. It most consistently reboots while listening to music on Googl... See more...
Hi All, I've got a Droid Razr M (had it for about a year), and it reboots regularly while I try and play music or run some apps. It most consistently reboots while listening to music on Google Play Music. It doesn't matter if I'm only listening to "on-device" or all my music; it will usually play a few songs, then reboot. I downloaded WinAmp as an alternative, and the same thing still happens. It will also reboot while I'll play a couple of other apps; it's done it before with Pandora and it has done it with the Star Trader RPG. I thought it might be something to do with memory usage so I've tried a couple of memory management apps, but that hasn't helped. This is quite an annoying issue and has basically made my phone worthless for playing music. Any suggestions?