Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,977 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

yenracd's Posts

I recently upgraded to Quantum 50/25.  The speeds aren't the problem.  Ethernet connected I get the 50/25, even wireless is decent at 40/45ish/25.  My question is regarding the use of devices.  I tho... See more...
I recently upgraded to Quantum 50/25.  The speeds aren't the problem.  Ethernet connected I get the 50/25, even wireless is decent at 40/45ish/25.  My question is regarding the use of devices.  I thought, maybe I was wrong, that if you use multiple devices, there would be virtually no lag.   If one laptop is running, there is no problem.  Things are fast, no lag, etc.  When another laptop (or even an ipod) accesses the network, both computers are extremely slow to load pages and playing even a game online is so awfuly slow with lagging and stuttering.  We have two tv's that are usually on at night and one or two laptops occasionally on at the same time.  The lag time is pretty bad to the point that one of us has to disconnect from the internet just so the other can use it without the lagging.  We did do the optimizers that was suggested on the help pages but this really hasn't had an effect one way or the other since our computers are pretty good speed wise.  It feels like when we are both using computers we encounter a "traffic jam" lol. Also wanted to add that I did try using the computer wired, and when both computers were on the internet, the lagging was still there on the wired computer.  The router is an Actiontec M1424-WR Rev. F. Would anyone know what causes this?  I did reboot the router by unplugging it for a few minutes, but this hasn't really helped the problem.  Any suggestions would really be appreciated!!!  If I could just solve this problem, it would be perfect!
I finally got the corrected speeds while wired.  It just took a little bit of time.  Upload speed is still below 20 though.  I'll have to check on that. So while I get the full 50 download on wired,... See more...
I finally got the corrected speeds while wired.  It just took a little bit of time.  Upload speed is still below 20 though.  I'll have to check on that. So while I get the full 50 download on wired, I only got 20 on laptop because it's wireless is only a b/g.  Would anyone know if I purchased a wireless N adapter to plug into the USB port, would this give me the higher speed?
Hello!  I have a question regarding the Quantum upgrade 50/25 for 10$ a month that's been advertised.  Last night I ordered this off the television promotion.  I received an email verifying my purcha... See more...
Hello!  I have a question regarding the Quantum upgrade 50/25 for 10$ a month that's been advertised.  Last night I ordered this off the television promotion.  I received an email verifying my purchase and then an email congratulating me that my speed upgrade has been completed. Does this upgrade happen instantly like the email suggests? Reason I am asking is that I originally had 20/5 and would get speeds when tested at 20-21 download and 5-8 upload.   I am actually now receiving 18-22 download....both wired and wirelessly....and uploads of 20....both wired and wirelessly (which seems like that went up a bit but not all the way).  We tested our laptops at the same time using the speed tests before the upgrade and then after the upgrade last night and again this morning.  Still the same.  I also tried installing and running the optimizer that Verizon has but this actually made my computer so much worse with only download speeds 15-18, so I did a system restore to get back to the original settings which brought the speeds back to the original of 20-21. If this takes a while that's fine, but I have been unable to find if this gets upgrade instantly or if there is a waiting period.  I have an Actiontec M1424-WR Rev. F router and when not wired, our laptops are about 7 feet away in the same room.   Any information you could provide would be helpful!  Thanks so much!!!
Just wanted to let you know that when we had this problem it was easily fixed.  What happened was there was a code that at one time NJ used to call the Philadelphia area at a cheaper rate (not sure e... See more...
Just wanted to let you know that when we had this problem it was easily fixed.  What happened was there was a code that at one time NJ used to call the Philadelphia area at a cheaper rate (not sure exactly what it was but it was like 10-10-NJB or something like that).  You were always able to use either that code or just dial the number directly 1-215-xxx-xxxx or 1-610-xxx-xxxx (the normal way to call someone) and both ways worked.  For some reason instead of the regular calling plan we were always on, we were switched to a different one.   So we were unable to use the direct calling method of 1-215-xxx-xxxx (the normal way to call someone) and it kept giving us an error for the "code".  The person I spoke to figured this out and switched us back to the regular plan that we had.  They were unsure as to what happened and we just figured it was "glitch" in the system.   Not sure if you ever had a discount code in your area like that, but it could be a reason for that error if you are trying to dial the regular number.  Hope this helps. 
Hello! I have had this problem for some time.  When I send a message to someone who is in the Verizon network (actually it's our family plan members), I have trouble with my message getting de... See more...
Hello! I have had this problem for some time.  When I send a message to someone who is in the Verizon network (actually it's our family plan members), I have trouble with my message getting delivered.  It will have the date and time stamp on the "sent" portion, but the "delivered" portion won't show up.  It's not that the "delivered" portion just isn't updating, but the message itself  is not sending.  I have tested this with my husband and daughter being present or with us both on another phone (landline) testing this.  It's a random problem.  I first noticed this back in November when my messages were taking up to an hour and a half to be delivered.  I have called Verizon's customer service many times and they have been great helping me try to figure out what the problem is.  They said they were testing the network areas, etc. to see if it was on their end.  After my 5th call last week, they finally switched out my LG Octane in case the phone itself was the problem and replaced it with another LG Octane (certified like new).  I recently got that phone, and, unfortunately, I am still noticing delays of 5 to 7 minutes.  When we were testing this together, I would send maybe three or four messages in a row.  All of a sudden, all the messages would get delivered to the other person at the same time, and then the "delivered" portion on my phone would show the date and time stamp.  With the time stamp, you could see how many minutes the messages were actually delayed. Just a little background...this does not happen all the time.  Most times my messages will go through.  It's a random occuring problem with no clear reason why it's happening.  But when it does happen, it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes and sometimes an occasional 45 minutes or hour and a half before they deliver.  When this happened, my daughter was waiting for my texts to come through, so I used my husband's LG EV2 to text her, and it went through just fine (she is using an iPhone 4).  It doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else, just me with the LG Octane.  We have all updated our phones (*228) for the roaming, looked for updated software, did resets, I have pulled battery, did hard reset on previous phone, pulled battery while it was happening, etc.  Nothing at all seems to fix this issue. I did search online a little and saw that other people were having trouble here and there with what seemed like the same issue, but nothing really big to suggest that it's a problem with everyone. I just don't know what to do next since they swapped my phone for another one and this is still a problem.  Could it something with the software?  Is anyone else having this problem (that you would have noticed?).  I only noticed it because my daughter texted me to ask me a question and when she didn't get my response after a half hour, she called me.  That's when I said that I replied and she should have received the text.  When I looked on my phone that's when I noticed it was marked "sent" but not delivered and it took over an hour and a half to actually be delivered.  It's like it's just hanging somewhere in the delivery in the system. Any help or advice you could offer would REALLY be appreciated!!!
Yesterday around 5 p.m. I noticed that my Fios phone service was having problems.  I can receive calls however my voice to the person calling is very garbled and when I speak there is about a 5 secon... See more...
Yesterday around 5 p.m. I noticed that my Fios phone service was having problems.  I can receive calls however my voice to the person calling is very garbled and when I speak there is about a 5 second delay until my voice reaches them.  When I try to make a call, I get a dial tone but then when it gets to the end of the number, instead of a ring it doesn't do anything, or it goes silent and then a dial tone comes back on.  So I haven't been able to make calls since yesterday.  When I called tech support they said the whole state of NJ had an outage and that they couldn't even run a test on my line because the system wouldn't let them.  They put in a trouble ticket and the problem was supposed to be fixed by 5 p.m. today, but as of 11:55 p.m., it still isn't fixed.  I'm concerned about not having my phone this long to make calls and I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this outage and if it will be fixed soon.  I'm not sure if calling tech support again will help since I already have a trouble ticket out that is still open for this problem. Anyway, any info or updates on this outage in NJ would be appreciated!  I'm in the southern NJ area.
Thank for the email link!  Appreciate it.
Hello! I noticed on my latest bill from Verizon, I am being charged .75 for "direct dialed calls".  I have had this triple play for a long time now and this is the first time ever that I was charged... See more...
Hello! I noticed on my latest bill from Verizon, I am being charged .75 for "direct dialed calls".  I have had this triple play for a long time now and this is the first time ever that I was charged for calls.  Does this sound like a mistake on my bill, or is it possible to be charged for phone calls when you have the triple play?  I made these calls within my own state, and I previously have made calls within my state without being charged extra.
@ucamuk wrote: This has happenned to me a few times. Try re-booting the converter by un-plugging the power cord from the box (or the wall), leave unplugged for about 30 seconds and then plug back ... See more...
@ucamuk wrote: This has happenned to me a few times. Try re-booting the converter by un-plugging the power cord from the box (or the wall), leave unplugged for about 30 seconds and then plug back in. The power light on the box should come on. Turn the box off via remote, and then turn it back on. Hopefully, your channel info will now be in the lower left of the screen. THANK YOU!!!!  🙂  This worked perfectly!  Channel info is back!
I'm also near the Cherry Hill area and received mine last night. I really like the update and the look it has....great job Verizon!  🙂 I have one question regarding the little boxes (digital adapt... See more...
I'm also near the Cherry Hill area and received mine last night. I really like the update and the look it has....great job Verizon!  🙂 I have one question regarding the little boxes (digital adapters).  I noticed on those before you would have the channel you turn to come on at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds and then it would disappear.  Now it's just blank.  You have to rely on the channel icons themselves if the channel provides them, or be confident that you clicked in the right numbers.  When you type in the numbers they also don't show up on the tv screen like they did before as you were typing them on the remote.   Is this anything related to the update?  I did notice that the digital adapter boxes were all lit when I woke up this morning so they must have powered on during the update process.  Thanks for any help you can provide about this.
Thanks!  🙂
I'm not the original poster, but I'm in NJ near the Philadelphia area.  I checked tonight and I still have Release 1.8 and I have the HD DVR QIP 7216 1.  Any idea when our area will get this update?
Great!  Thanks for answering!  🙂  
I see this questions exists already in the forums...sorry for repeating it.  The only question I have now is if this will become an option with an update in the future?
I recently upgraded to a DVR.  I'm so used to going through the program guide for the week and putting program reminders/alerts.  All there is now is an option to record a program.  Do you lose the r... See more...
I recently upgraded to a DVR.  I'm so used to going through the program guide for the week and putting program reminders/alerts.  All there is now is an option to record a program.  Do you lose the reminder/alert function when you upgrade to a dvr?  It's such a good option that it seems like it should be there somewhere, but I haven't been able to figure it out.  I don't want to record every show that I want to be reminded about.
Thanks!  Yeah i did order a return box for the HD box I have now when I ordered the DVR.  I didn't know if I could just put it in the DVR box and send back but since the option was there to order a r... See more...
Thanks!  Yeah i did order a return box for the HD box I have now when I ordered the DVR.  I didn't know if I could just put it in the DVR box and send back but since the option was there to order a return box, I did. I also noticed that when you put in your order number to check the status, a "count down to installation" comes up.  I guess this shows up for any order?  I was logged in and went to upgrade equipment when I ordered the DVR, so they have to already know I have FIOS hooked up.
I currently have a HD set top box and I was thinking of switching to a DVR set top box with the current online promotion of 3 months free.  My question is this....when I order the DVR equipment, do I... See more...
I currently have a HD set top box and I was thinking of switching to a DVR set top box with the current online promotion of 3 months free.  My question is this....when I order the DVR equipment, do I also order a return box for the HD box?  I think I would do it that way since they have no idea I'm getting the DVR to replace the HD box, but I wanted to ask just in case I was wrong.  Also with the DVR, would I still get the same HD channels that I do with the HD box? Thanks so much for your help!  🙂
Just wanted to let you know that my mom and I both appreciate all the time you spent in researching this!  Thanks again for all your help!  🙂 
My mother's landline is provided through Verizon for both her local calling and her long distance.  Today, she tried to make 2 long distance calls and got a message that she needed an "access code". ... See more...
My mother's landline is provided through Verizon for both her local calling and her long distance.  Today, she tried to make 2 long distance calls and got a message that she needed an "access code".  When she called Verizon's customer service, they told her that she was dropped from her long distance and she needs to call the business office on Monday. Is this something that Verizon can just drop without notifying the customer or could it be a mistake somewhere in the system?  She never received anything to give her an access code, and we don't even know who (what company) is asking for this access code. Any info that you can provide is appreciated!  Thanks!
I hang around here like many others and try to figure out how to help. It is sort of like the old bulletin board days with modems before the Internet. I must have confused you a bit because I kept c... See more...
I hang around here like many others and try to figure out how to help. It is sort of like the old bulletin board days with modems before the Internet. I must have confused you a bit because I kept changing my post. Sorry. I know depending on what you have now, they may give you a fair deal to upgrade. Verizon has always been able to work out something to my satisfaction. I remember when I switch from Premier to the old Extreme, it was almost a wash. You must have gotten right under the wire on the Premier offering. I am glad to help. I remember those old bulletin board days!  lol  And no problem with changing the post.  It actually helped more when you did that.  I'll definitely look into the upgrade and see what they have to offer me.  I've always found them more than fair and the package I got to sign up with them was amazing!  When my 2 years was up, my cost only went up $5.00 and is still such a great deal for all three services. I'll post back here when I get some info from them.  🙂