Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,950 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

LinuxNinja's Posts

Lesson learned: Unboxing the phone involves breaking the seal Installing the battery involves breaking the seal Installing the sim involves snapping it out of the plastic Setting up the pho... See more...
Lesson learned: Unboxing the phone involves breaking the seal Installing the battery involves breaking the seal Installing the sim involves snapping it out of the plastic Setting up the phone involves accepting the End User Agreement and navigating the Setup Wizard. The phone should still have the plastic screen protector firmly sealed in place. There is a little-known code you can dial (or at least, could have dialed last time I tried it) that will tell you the total operating and talk time of this phone. Find the code and use it to see if the phone is really 'NEW'.
Might you have another app running the auto-enables WiFi? Some sync'ing apps will turn on WiFi if it's off. So will WiFi Analyzer. If you go into Settings and you turn off WiFi, does it stay ... See more...
Might you have another app running the auto-enables WiFi? Some sync'ing apps will turn on WiFi if it's off. So will WiFi Analyzer. If you go into Settings and you turn off WiFi, does it stay off, or does it turn itself back on?
For most plans now, if you have 4GB data per month, Hotspot is included. The way to find out is to turn it on. If it works, you have it. If it doesn't, you need to update your plan. I've alwa... See more...
For most plans now, if you have 4GB data per month, Hotspot is included. The way to find out is to turn it on. If it works, you have it. If it doesn't, you need to update your plan. I've always disagreed with this, but that's another way the carriers make money.
Are you using the stock Samsung keyboard? Are you running the latest update? (Check your updates under Settings/About Phone/Software Update/Check New) Sounds like a calibration issue. I'd ... See more...
Are you using the stock Samsung keyboard? Are you running the latest update? (Check your updates under Settings/About Phone/Software Update/Check New) Sounds like a calibration issue. I'd have a Verizon Rep look at the phone. They (or you) can enable a Developer Mode option to visually show on the screen where it thinks it is being touched. If it's showing a location offset from your finger, it may can be re-calibrated, or may need to be replaced.
Also, could be a USB driver issue with your motherboard's chipset. Try updating all of your motherboard's firmware/BIOS/drivers. I've run into this before.
Don't use the pre-defined Yahoo profile. It's broken. Use the Yahoo! Mail app or use the Other mail profile. This has worked for everyone, so far. You indicated that "I'm getting Error 503 -... See more...
Don't use the pre-defined Yahoo profile. It's broken. Use the Yahoo! Mail app or use the Other mail profile. This has worked for everyone, so far. You indicated that "I'm getting Error 503 - Service Unavailable messages when I try to delete my account. Other times I just get "request timeout" type messages." A factory reset resolves this since it erases everything in your settings. Make sure you don't let Google restore your settings from backup after the reset. That would defeat the purpose of the factory reset.
Yahoo profile in email setup has known issues. GMail shouldn't be having any problems. Can you elaborate? Are you using the GMail App? The Yahoo! Mail app?
Clearing Data and Cache might have helped. Is this a POP, IMAP, or Other Service account?
I know where to look. Just haven't been there, lately. Still trying to convince myself NOT to load AOSP or Cyanogen on my SIII.
Backup your phone's data (pictures, music, etc.) Reset to factory. Unless you're a real Android guru like some of us, and know how to use ADB, this is the easiest way to get the phone set back ... See more...
Backup your phone's data (pictures, music, etc.) Reset to factory. Unless you're a real Android guru like some of us, and know how to use ADB, this is the easiest way to get the phone set back up.
A bricked phone due to a bad update is LG's responsibility, not Verizon's. Did you contact them? They should have sent you a replacement if the phone was still under warranty. If Verizon offe... See more...
A bricked phone due to a bad update is LG's responsibility, not Verizon's. Did you contact them? They should have sent you a replacement if the phone was still under warranty. If Verizon offered you a replacement and you didn't have a replacement plan, they went ABOVE and BEYOND to help you. I've had to pay $99 to replace an Apple iPhone 4 due to abuse. That's the only reason I even have a thing good to say about Apple.
Verizon's servers don't operate Yahoo Mail. You were mis-informed.
It's not Verizon related. It's Yahoo. It worked until the week before Christmas for EVERYONE, then stopped working for EVERYONE (that I know of). The pre-defined Yahoo email profile in Android no... See more...
It's not Verizon related. It's Yahoo. It worked until the week before Christmas for EVERYONE, then stopped working for EVERYONE (that I know of). The pre-defined Yahoo email profile in Android no longer works because Yahoo made a change on their end. Use the Other email setup profile, or download the Yahoo! Mail app from the Google Play store. Either an OS update from the Android project or a fix on Yahoo's end would resolve this. Verizon has nothing to do with it.
The pre-defined Yahoo profile in the mail setup is no longer working on many android phones. The Yahoo! Mail app in the Google Play store seems to resolve the issue.
Say goodbye to CDMA/LTE Nexus phones. Verizon wants to control it (read: Galaxy Nexus) instead of allowing Google to make it a true Nexus phone. And, yes, not enough of us are buying them to m... See more...
Say goodbye to CDMA/LTE Nexus phones. Verizon wants to control it (read: Galaxy Nexus) instead of allowing Google to make it a true Nexus phone. And, yes, not enough of us are buying them to make it worth their attention.
I just want them to unblock Google Wallet. I have to tether my Nexus 7 to my Galaxy S III to use Wallet. I'm hoping they either end their intrusive ways, or another carrier comes along I can swi... See more...
I just want them to unblock Google Wallet. I have to tether my Nexus 7 to my Galaxy S III to use Wallet. I'm hoping they either end their intrusive ways, or another carrier comes along I can switch over to on true LTE, by the time my contract is up. I'm paying quite a bit more $$$ to be on Verizon instead of AT&T, but the service (and customer service) is much better, so why remove Google Wallet. I used it on AT&T and loved it, but AT&T has its own issues. The bloatware is annoying, from both Verizon and Samsung. Praying for a true Nexus LTE phone on Verizon, like that will ever happen. I figured out how to install Wallet on the Galaxy Nexus, and it worked, but not on the Galaxy S III.
Not the case at the North Point Parkway Verizon Wireless Store in Alpharetta, GA. These guy knows their stuff, are super helpful, and take the time to understand customer needs. I know, I'm in th... See more...
Not the case at the North Point Parkway Verizon Wireless Store in Alpharetta, GA. These guy knows their stuff, are super helpful, and take the time to understand customer needs. I know, I'm in there a LOT, and get to see how the customers in the store are treated. (I manage our company's 200 phones, so I see it all...)
I have 200 phones I manage in the company. Almost all of the Android phones that use the pre-defined Yahoo Mail profile stopped syncing Yahoo mail. Using Other to setup mail, or using the Yaho... See more...
I have 200 phones I manage in the company. Almost all of the Android phones that use the pre-defined Yahoo Mail profile stopped syncing Yahoo mail. Using Other to setup mail, or using the Yahoo! Mail app has resolved the issue, though, not in a good way.