Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,584 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

ReallyMadCustomer's Posts

> Have you tried the reset yet? Yes.  I did it to clear the phone before I trashed it.
That completely reset the phone.  Too bad there isn't any way to recover without deleting everything.
I had not used this phone for a long while.  Plugged in the charging cable and tried to turn it on.  Got the Nokia flash, the Verizon flash and then the low battery image.  It started cycling thr... See more...
I had not used this phone for a long while.  Plugged in the charging cable and tried to turn it on.  Got the Nokia flash, the Verizon flash and then the low battery image.  It started cycling through the Nokia flash and the low battery image. Shut the phone down and put in a fully charged battery.  Tried to turn the phone on.  Got the Nokia flash and then a blue screen with a colon and a left parenthesis. Could not shut off the phone.  Pulled battery and tried a different battery -- same thing. Removed the micro storage card and tried again.  Same thing. Is there anyway to recover from this?
I have a Nokia Lumia 822 for a few years.  It has started locking up and having other problems.  I have another Nokia Lumia 822 that I would like to transfer everything (settings, pictures, start... See more...
I have a Nokia Lumia 822 for a few years.  It has started locking up and having other problems.  I have another Nokia Lumia 822 that I would like to transfer everything (settings, pictures, start screen, email accounts, etc.) to and then activate it in place of the old one. Is it possible to do that and if so how?
I am trying to compare my current plan with the new Verizon Plan.  Unfortunately, there isn't any information about the charge for data over the selected amount.  For example what happens if you ... See more...
I am trying to compare my current plan with the new Verizon Plan.  Unfortunately, there isn't any information about the charge for data over the selected amount.  For example what happens if you selected 6GB and you go over it -- what is the charge? Please provide a link to a page the describes the overage charges.
If your phone is in a call or turned off Verizon will respond to any call with a message saying you are unavailable.  Then the caller leave a message in voicemail. Try it.  Turn you phone off ... See more...
If your phone is in a call or turned off Verizon will respond to any call with a message saying you are unavailable.  Then the caller leave a message in voicemail. Try it.  Turn you phone off -- powered down -- and then call it from another phone. P.S. The phone is now receiving calls now.  I suspect a glich in Verizon's routing system.
Nokia Lumia 822 Windows Phone 8.1 Suddenly all calls made to the phone's number are going to voicemail.  I do not have anything set to do that. Forwarding is off. WiFi is not connected.  Wi-... See more...
Nokia Lumia 822 Windows Phone 8.1 Suddenly all calls made to the phone's number are going to voicemail.  I do not have anything set to do that. Forwarding is off. WiFi is not connected.  Wi-Fi Sense is off. airplane mode is off Bluetooth is off NFC is off internet sharing is off VPN is off driving mode is not setup quiet hours is turned off The funny thing is I have another older phone that I use as a spare.  It is set to forward (*72) to the number of the Nokia Lumia 822.  If I call the old phone's number from my home phone the call is forwarded and the Nokia Lumia 822 rings.  If I call the number of the Nokia Lumia 822 from my home phone it goes directly to voicemail with a message that I am not available. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>Feature Suggestions: Hot (68171 ideas) – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone Surely you're kidding.  Has Microsoft responded to the tens of thosusnad of requests to turn off the Bing button? ... See more...
>Feature Suggestions: Hot (68171 ideas) – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone Surely you're kidding.  Has Microsoft responded to the tens of thosusnad of requests to turn off the Bing button? I have issues on my Surface Pro 3 that Microsoft support said they had developers working on six months ago with no ETA in sight.  If they don't fix known bugs in their hardware what makes you think they are going to add features? Microsoft went into the hardware business without understanding they would have to actually support it.
Like I said Windows 8 was easier.  One click to silince the phone. The process you describe works but it is more complicated and requires more user action than the Windows 8.0 OS required. Onc... See more...
Like I said Windows 8 was easier.  One click to silince the phone. The process you describe works but it is more complicated and requires more user action than the Windows 8.0 OS required. Once again Microsoft has forgotten the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principle. Please note that I have been using Microsoft OS since the early DOS days (which Microsoft licensed but did not develop).
If I tap the volume button and tap the number for the ringer I get two scroll bars -- one for the ringer + notifications and one for Media + Apps.  I have to set them both to zero. Windows 8 was... See more...
If I tap the volume button and tap the number for the ringer I get two scroll bars -- one for the ringer + notifications and one for Media + Apps.  I have to set them both to zero. Windows 8 was much better -- a single tap to silence the phone.
Nokia Lumia 822 Before the upgrade to 8.1 I could press the top of the screen of the phone and a button would appear to silence or unsilence the phone.  After the 8.1 upgrade the button appears ... See more...
Nokia Lumia 822 Before the upgrade to 8.1 I could press the top of the screen of the phone and a button would appear to silence or unsilence the phone.  After the 8.1 upgrade the button appears to be gone.  The only way to silence the ringer is to use the volume button to reduce everything to zero.  Then I have to use the volume button to increase the sound to a point I can hear it. Is there a way to get the silence button back? 
I received a text message that is clearly an attempt at fraud.  Is there someplace I can forward it for analysis and action by Verizon.  It includes a phone number.
The page now just shows the firmware/OS by phone and carrier.  For all Verizon phones it is Lumia Black Windows 8.  They have reconfigured the page.to eliminate the update status column.
That is not same statement.  Nowhere does Belfiore blame the Verizon apps not working as the problem.
OK -- I realize you cannot identify the person from Microsoft that gave you the Nokia information.  Can you at least identify the Microsoft division and approximate level of the person?  It would... See more...
OK -- I realize you cannot identify the person from Microsoft that gave you the Nokia information.  Can you at least identify the Microsoft division and approximate level of the person?  It would make a significant difference if the individual was a senior officer in a division that actually deals with this verses a janitor in the Windows Office division.
Guess we're not gettting 8.1 and cyan.  Please note this is a Microsoft web site not a Verizon one.  Appearently, Microsoft thought Verizon was going to roll it out and Verizon instead sent it ba... See more...
Guess we're not gettting 8.1 and cyan.  Please note this is a Microsoft web site not a Verizon one.  Appearently, Microsoft thought Verizon was going to roll it out and Verizon instead sent it back to Microsoft. For those interested here's the page before it was changed:
Microsoft still has it marked as "Under development".  When that phase is completed it will then be back "Under testing". Given Verizon's business model (squeeze your customers dry) it will li... See more...
Microsoft still has it marked as "Under development".  When that phase is completed it will then be back "Under testing". Given Verizon's business model (squeeze your customers dry) it will likely only be available on new phones on new contracts.
The Microsoft web page for the Nokia Lumia 822 specifications: : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/phone/lumia822/specifications/ has: Operating System     Software release Windows Phone 8... See more...
The Microsoft web page for the Nokia Lumia 822 specifications: : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/phone/lumia822/specifications/ has: Operating System     Software release Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Cyan It also says: "The Lumia 822, exclusively from Verizon".
The specifications for the Nokia Lumia 822 at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/phone/lumia822/specifications/ include Windows Phone 8.1 as the operating system and Lumia Cyan.. Microsoft... See more...
The specifications for the Nokia Lumia 822 at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/phone/lumia822/specifications/ include Windows Phone 8.1 as the operating system and Lumia Cyan.. Microsoft also says: "The Lumia 822, exclusively from Verizon".
>I'm looking for Cyan in the next week or soI'm looking for Cyan in the next week or so Unless you have some real inside information I suspect you will keep looking for it in next week every wee... See more...
>I'm looking for Cyan in the next week or soI'm looking for Cyan in the next week or so Unless you have some real inside information I suspect you will keep looking for it in next week every week going forward.