Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,047 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

nickjr's Posts

Several of us who still enjoy unlimited data plans have no choice but to pay the full cost of the phone if we want to keep our unlimited plan
The first solution was unsuccessful so I will try the second one. Now for my app drawer, some of my sport items show up and then other times they don't, I have to keep rebooting until all those ap... See more...
The first solution was unsuccessful so I will try the second one. Now for my app drawer, some of my sport items show up and then other times they don't, I have to keep rebooting until all those apps show up. I ran virus check and no problem with malware, so I have no idea what is going on with this phone. I have been so ticked with this phone since I've had it and Verizon continues to ignore all the issues this phone has.
Wildman wrote: I am not a fan of the option to move a app to the SD Card, I have seen more issues than anything with doing this..     Usually to resolve the issue with the market you can si... See more...
Wildman wrote: I am not a fan of the option to move a app to the SD Card, I have seen more issues than anything with doing this..     Usually to resolve the issue with the market you can simply go to Settings / Applications / Mangae Applications / All Tab / Market / Clear Data and then restart...  The other solution is to uninstall the apps that the market doesnt read as installed and then install them again. both of these should work under this situation.. Thank You for your reply, I will definitely give it a try. The only reason I move certain apps back to internal memory because up restarting the phone it took several restarts for the icons to appear and I always received an error message, app is not installed on this device, when I went to the net to find a solution, the only solution was to move the app back to internal memory and I have to admit, I've had no more issues with those particular apps again.
I am having this latest issue with my apps, when I go to the market and under my apps, it is broken down to installed apps and not installed apps, but some of those so called not installed apps ar... See more...
I am having this latest issue with my apps, when I go to the market and under my apps, it is broken down to installed apps and not installed apps, but some of those so called not installed apps are working fine. I seem to get this problem when I attempt to update the apps software. Then I had to move back to internal memory apps that keep saying they were not installed when I clicked on them, seems to work better than on the SD card.Anyone have any idea what is causing this weird. Usually after 3 or 4 reboots and pulling the batttery out it temporarily clears some of the apps out but not all of them. Thanks for any info
Each time I turn my phone on, my short cut apps are sort of greyed out and it takes sometimes several turn off the phone and turn it back on before they are enabled. When you click it says app is ... See more...
Each time I turn my phone on, my short cut apps are sort of greyed out and it takes sometimes several turn off the phone and turn it back on before they are enabled. When you click it says app is not installed and for some reason it seems as though is not installed. This seems to occur when I am updating apps, my phone goes haywire. Anyhelp in this matter will be appreciated. I usually remove the battery when this happens and hold down the vol button for 1 minute.
dollnys wrote: I have tried to delete an 'old msg' and it will not delete.  The system does not recognize that I am pushing 7 or any number for that matter.  I cannot get to the recent voicem... See more...
dollnys wrote: I have tried to delete an 'old msg' and it will not delete.  The system does not recognize that I am pushing 7 or any number for that matter.  I cannot get to the recent voicemails now either.  Try clearing the cache, that usually will solve your issue
VZW_consumer wrote: adclose,   FYI - If you update to 2.2 (Froyo) you will not be able to go back to 2.1 Eclair.  Upon installing the ED04 update the ED05 update will be available.  If you ... See more...
VZW_consumer wrote: adclose,   FYI - If you update to 2.2 (Froyo) you will not be able to go back to 2.1 Eclair.  Upon installing the ED04 update the ED05 update will be available.  If you then do a factory reset on your phone it will default back to the ED04 update (2.2 Froyo).   Good Luck! Unless you visit another site to go back to 2.1 if one so desires....
Check out this link: http://www.mobiledia.com/news/105351.html Now my question what about fascinate users who don't fall into this specific category? I would think they should also be included due... See more...
Check out this link: http://www.mobiledia.com/news/105351.html Now my question what about fascinate users who don't fall into this specific category? I would think they should also be included due to all the problems we've had with our fascinate. What say all of you?
rb20 wrote: Oh and I should mention, I'm on Fascinate number 2, and was told they'll send me another Fascinate.  2 phones with the EXACT SAME ISSUES, do you really think I want another phone ... See more...
rb20 wrote: Oh and I should mention, I'm on Fascinate number 2, and was told they'll send me another Fascinate.  2 phones with the EXACT SAME ISSUES, do you really think I want another phone that won't work!? You would think it now Verizon would step up and offer all its fascinate users a way of exchanging their phones in for a replacement, even it means an early upgrade, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, why would they is beyond me, I guess they really do not care about their customers, so I assume the most of us when our contract is up will be looking for other carriers to do business with.
cperk78 wrote: August 18, 2011 - I have been reading about the numerous problems that many Verizon customers seem to be experiencing with both their Samsung Fascinate phones and customer serv... See more...
cperk78 wrote: August 18, 2011 - I have been reading about the numerous problems that many Verizon customers seem to be experiencing with both their Samsung Fascinate phones and customer service. I, too, have experienced problems with my phone and am absolutely shocked by the way that Verizon has handled this issue. I have been without any text messaging capabilities for at least one month (if not more) and am intermittently experiencing dropped and missed calls, freezes, force closes and blank screens. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I believe that what Verizon is doing is illegal. I have documentation that Verizon knew about these problems with the Fascinate as early as September 2010, yet continued to market and sell the device at full price without any warning of the potential defects—this is dishonest and misleading, and in Tennessee, I believe it is a gross violation of our consumer protection act, which prohibits businesses from engaging in “unfair or deceptive” business acts or practices. Marketing and selling an expensive phone to unsuspecting consumers without disclosing its KNOWN defects is, in my mind, an “unfair and deceptive” business practice that Verizon should not be permitted to continue. I sent the below letter to the following individuals today in an attempt to try to get my phone problem resolved: CT Corporation System (TN’s Registered agent for Verizon Wireless Services, LLC) 800 S. Gay St., Ste 2021 Knoxville, TN 37929 Steven E. Zipperstein, Vice President-Legal and External Affairs/General Counsel Charlie Falco, Vice-President - South Area Customer Service Jerald M. Fountain, President - Carolinas/Tennessee Region Roger Tang, President - South Area Region Daniel S. Mead, President and CEO TN’s Office of the Attorney General - Consumer Advocate and Protection Division Verizon Wireless Store in Murfreesboro, TN (580 North Thompson Lane) I urge everyone who has had similar issues and has been lied to and misled by Verizon to contact these individuals, as well as your state Attorney General’s Office (Consumer Affairs Division), as well as the Better Business Bureau and anyone else you can think of who might be able to help customers get this issue resolved in a fair, honest, just manner. Good luck! August 18, 2011 Letter: My name is Claire {edited for privacy}, and I am an attorney in Murfreesboro, Tennessee (which is located just outside Nashville). I am writing in an attempt to resolve a dispute with Verizon regarding recent problems I am experiencing with my phone. I purchased the Samsung Fascinate on October 27, 2010, at the corporate Verizon Wireless store in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, which is located at 580 N. Thompson Lane. I initially enjoyed the phone very much. In addition to purchasing the phone, I also purchased the home dock, a phone case and car charger. However, approximately a month ago, my phone automatically/involuntarily performed a software update (or some similar operation), which has effectively rendered my Samsung Fascinate useless. The touch screen intermittently freezes and stops working. The apps frequently freeze and “force close.” I have not been able to receive all of my phone calls, text messages or emails. I have voice mails where no missed calls are shown. When I send a text message, although my phone indicates the text was sent successfully, I learned (after several detrimental, extremely frustrating mis-communications involving both personal and business matters), that my text messages, actually, have not been going through as indicated, and in fact, text messages that I “sent” weeks ago have been delivered to intended (as well as unintended) recipients weeks later. Needless to say, my cell phone situation has been a mess for the past couple of weeks, and the problems only continue to worsen in both frequency and severity. On July 23, 2011, I read several forums on the Verizon Wireless website regarding the Fascinate—some authored by other Verizon customers and some by Verizon employees. I also spoke with a Verizon employee regarding my situation. I was informed that the problem I am experiencing with my Samsung Fascinate is a “known” software problem, of which Verizon is (and has been) well aware. I was told both directly (through a Verizon representative) and indirectly (through posts by Verizon employees on Verizon’s website and posts by other Verizon customers), that the Fascinates would no longer be replaced or refurbished due to the numerous known problems with the phone. Instead, consistent with the enclosed materials (which reflect the types of representations Verizon has made to me and to other Verizon customers), I was informed that I could replace my defective Samsung Fascinate with any of the three following phones: (1) the Samsung Charge; (2) the HTC Incredible 2; or (3) the Motorola Droid 2. I was told that if I wanted to replace my phone with the Samsung Charge, I would need to go to my local corporate Verizon store to complete the exchange, but that an exchange for either of the other two devices could be handled on Verizon’s website. Verizon never mentioned anything about this exchange option “expiring,” etc. After carefully considering my three “replacement options,” I selected the Samsung Charge, primarily due to its similarity to the Fascinate and the fact that I would not have to totally re-familiarize myself with a new, completely unknown phone. I allotted approximately 1 ½ hours of my work day on Monday, August 8, 2011, to go to my local Verizon store and effect the transaction that I had read about (on Verizon’s website) and been told about on July 23, 2011. Needless to say, my experience at the corporate Verizon store in Murfreesboro did not go as expected. Much to my surprise and disappointment, I received zero customer assistance in effecting the transaction previously represented to me (and other Verizon customers) on Verizon’s website and through its technicians, employees and agents. I spent an hour and a half in the Verizon store on the phone, myself, with a technician named Aaron (who said he worked in second-tier technical support) while three store employees—Jeremy, Carlita (the store manager) and another male employee—literally stood behind the counter and watched me attempt (unsuccessfully) to resolve my dilemma on my own, occasionally asking me what the person on the phone was saying to me. While Aaron (the gentleman I spoke with on the phone) was very polite and at least seemed as if he was attempting to help me, he ultimately reported to me that the computer “wouldn’t let” him place an order for the Samsung Charge to replace my defective Samsung Fascinate, despite telling me earlier in our conversation that he would order me the Charge, yet stating that if I didn’t actually receive the Charge, I would receive “something similar.” I ended my call with Aaron feeling extremely frustrated and deceived by Verizon, as I had gotten no where in the store or on the phone and was late to a meeting due to the amount of time I had to spend in Verizon in an attempt to get what I paid for—a Samsung smartphone that works. Carlita and Jeremy were incompetent, unhelpful and exhibited very poor customer service skills. They literally did and said nothing. They were utterly useless and might as well not have even been there. They put me on the phone with tech support and stood there. It was insulting and disgusting. When I initially spoke with Jeremy upon my arrival at the store, I explained to him the 3 options I had been given and that I had selected the Samsung Charge for my replacement phone. At the time, he did not act as if that would be a problem. Only later in our interaction (when they had me call tech support from their store) was I informed that the “deal” allowing me to get the Charge in place of my defective Fascinate had “expired.” My position is that this is not a “deal” in any way, shape or form. I am a full-time wife, mother and attorney. I am constantly on the go and rely on my cell phone, primarily, for business purposes. More importantly, I have a 12-year-old daughter to whom I must be available by phone at all times. My family and I are long-standing, loyal Verizon customers. Year after year, I have trusted Verizon to make sure that I am accessible to my family, my clients and my business colleagues, but, this time, Verizon failed me. On top of being sold an expensive phone with “known” software defects and “bugs” (which were known to Verizon at the time I purchased by phone on October 27, 2010), Verizon now refuses to: (a) honor the replacement policy I was informed of on July 23, 2011, by allowing me to replace my Fascinate with a Samsung Charge; (b) provide any refund or store credit for returning the Fascinate phone accessories (home dock, car charger and phone case) I purchased when I bought my defective Fascinate and which are useless to me without a properly operating Fascinate. Respectfully, it is my position that Verizon is in violation of the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act (codified at Tenn. Code Ann. §47-18-101, et seq.), specifically Tenn. Code Ann. §47-18-104, which prohibits “unfair and deceptive acts or practices.” I purchased a smartphone (as well as a handful of accessories for the phone) less than one year ago (still under manufacturer’s warranty) that is anything but “smart” and does not perform as advertised and intended. Moreover, on July 23, 2011, when Verizon agents informed me of the so-called replacement “deal,” permitting customers to exchange their defective Fascinates for a Samsung Charge, Verizon failed to disclose that the “deal” would expire five days later (July 28, 2011). Apparently, as evidenced throughout the enclosed documents, many other Verizon customers have experienced virtually identical product and customer services problems, which leads me to conclude that Verizon has implemented a company-wide policy of knowingly continuing to market and sell defective Samsung Fascinate phones to unsuspecting consumers and then offering a bait-and-switch “remedy” for what amounts to nothing more than a deceptive sales tactic by Verizon in the first place. I request that my defective Samsung Fascinate be replaced by a new (not refurbished or used) Samsung Charge, consistent with the “deal” that was offered me on July 23, 2011, and that I be permitted a store credit, refund, etc., for the cost of the home dock, car charger and phone case that I purchased for my Fascinate, as the accessories are no longer useful to me since the Fascinate is defective. I do not want to try another Fascinate to see if it will work, due to the nature, duration and volume of the problems Verizon has knowingly experienced with the Fascinate since at least September 2010 (before I even purchased the phone), yet continues to sell unsuspecting consumers without any disclosure of the known defects. The only other replacement phone that will be acceptable to me is the iphone 4, as I purchased my Fascinate only because the iphone was not yet available through Verizon. Otherwise, I would like the Samsung Charge, as I was told I could receive less than one month ago. I request no more or less from Verizon than its fairness, honesty, basic courtesy and compliance with the law, and I sincerely hope that this matter can be resolved without any further inconvenience to me. Unless I receive an immediate, satisfactory resolution of this clearly-documented issue, I plan to prepare a lawsuit against Verizon (requesting class action certification), which will be filed no later than Monday, September 13, 2011. I sincerely hope that Verizon will simply honor its representations and right this unfortunate, inconvenient situation for its customers. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you and to a swift resolution of this issue. I sure hope your are successful in obtaining an Charge, several of us are in the same boat but unable to get one.
kdavis423 wrote: I have done all the updates, etc.  My phone will still not recieve text messages from my husband and it is in network.  Someone please help!!! Have you done a factory rese... See more...
kdavis423 wrote: I have done all the updates, etc.  My phone will still not recieve text messages from my husband and it is in network.  Someone please help!!! Have you done a factory reset?
mebeden wrote: When I take a picture with my phone it doesn't always save the picture immediately to my Gallery.  I can't see that I'm doing anything different between the pictures that are s... See more...
mebeden wrote: When I take a picture with my phone it doesn't always save the picture immediately to my Gallery.  I can't see that I'm doing anything different between the pictures that are saving immediately, and those that are not. Have you tried clearing out the cache?
softballmom88 wrote: I was given the Incredible 2.  It works great!!!!!!!  I do know that Verizon always works with their customers.  I have never been dissappointed with their service.  I ha... See more...
softballmom88 wrote: I was given the Incredible 2.  It works great!!!!!!!  I do know that Verizon always works with their customers.  I have never been dissappointed with their service.  I have been with them for a very long time. Good to hear some users are getting what they paid for
clareance wrote: I have had a phone replacement by my insurance and need my new phone set up Go to your local Verizon store and ask them for help, the customer service should provide that ... See more...
clareance wrote: I have had a phone replacement by my insurance and need my new phone set up Go to your local Verizon store and ask them for help, the customer service should provide that service hands down.
jkami88 wrote: Hello all, First and foremost I just wanna say that I actually love the Fascinate, it's my first smartphone and I got it for a .01 through AmazonWireless. So far I enjoy the p... See more...
jkami88 wrote: Hello all, First and foremost I just wanna say that I actually love the Fascinate, it's my first smartphone and I got it for a .01 through AmazonWireless. So far I enjoy the phone a lot but one issue is driving me nuts - the battery! I feel like the battery life is [I]OK[/I] as long as I don't really use the phone that much. Some basic phone calls, txting, web surfing, etc. Also, what's even more troubling is the fact that the phone will not charge if it is plugged in to the wall and is in use. The phone takes around 6 hours to charge, and if I use the phone at all the battery life will actually [I]go down[/I] despite being plugged in. Is this common? I just bought the phone four days ago, so it's not too late to return... Return it now and get a replacement... You should not have this problem, and I would consider another phone at this time, such as a Charge
ysan wrote: No no no no!!! This problem still have not been fixed! I still experiencing missing calls and missing texts!! I'm unemployed and I've been missing a lot of important phone intervi... See more...
ysan wrote: No no no no!!! This problem still have not been fixed! I still experiencing missing calls and missing texts!! I'm unemployed and I've been missing a lot of important phone interviews because of this problem. I need my phone fixed for finding job!! Verizon have been treating me like a ping pong ball too -- first I called the 1800 number and got approval that I can change my phone to Droid Charge (I insisted to get this phone as replacement since I love the clarity of the screen in Samsung phone (that's why I bought Samsung Fascinate in the first place)), then they send me to the store, the store making me call them 4 days straight to see if they have Droid Charge back in stock, and when finally they have it in stock I had to go to the store again to "get" my Droid Charge ...BUT nope, no Droid Charge! All I got was ED05..and it still didn't fix anything! I called 1800 number again (2 weeks ago) and the tech support updated my phone and I even agreed to reset my phone to the manufacturing state. And again it didn't fix anything! I called again today and got another "updates" and right after I called verizon..I got 5 missing incoming calls and 2 texts!! I asked the tech support (1800#) what they can do to with my phone and they said I can only get a refurbished Samsung Fascinate. That's it?! My warranty can only replace my phone with a refurbished phone? So after a looooong battle and  many lost phone interviews, at the end I still have to pay $80+ for my bill every month and I'm still stuck with my broken phone or a refurbished phone. I guess this blog is my last place to go since I do not know if anyone else in Verizon is care enough to help me  The policy has changed about exchanging your fascinate phone due to Verizon feels that the updates has fixed everyone's fascinate issues, but as your read through these numerous posts, their are still several users having problems with their phones even with the new updates. It fixed some, messed up some and others did not do a thing for them. I have been saying that Verizon needs to allow us fascinate users the one time option to allows us if we so desire to be able to purchase a new phone without waiting when it is your time to get a new phone with the upgrade price
bustall wrote: Haven't seen this anywhere, both my wife and I can't end a call. Screen unresponsive, we have to wait untill the other caller hangs up.   We're un-rooted with the latest upda... See more...
bustall wrote: Haven't seen this anywhere, both my wife and I can't end a call. Screen unresponsive, we have to wait untill the other caller hangs up.   We're un-rooted with the latest updates.   Thanx in advance Factory Reset is now the next thing to do...
tawest64 wrote: I don't know why I come visit this forum, all it ever does is make me angry....  having said that, I'm fairly certain that since these problems have been issues for the better... See more...
tawest64 wrote: I don't know why I come visit this forum, all it ever does is make me angry....  having said that, I'm fairly certain that since these problems have been issues for the better part of 2011, it's highly unlikely that they will ever be solved completely.  Too many different builds on the Fascinate make me think that what fixes one phone breaks another.   What Verizon SHOULD do is to offer all Fascinate owners early upgrades.  How is that not a WIN-WIN?  I don't want the remaining two types of phones that Verizon is offering "some" users.  I want to be able to choose my phone and I'm not opposed to paying the same thing I would pay if my renewal date was today.   Oh yeah, all three of my family members with Fascinates have not gotten texts that we know were sent this morning. I have said this all along, why can't Verizon step up to the plate and allow any current fascinate user who so desires to one time update a phone of their choice at update prices. I see it would be a win - win situation for Verizon and their customers. What is the big deal for them to make us wait until our contract is up for renewal and then offer us the update package, many of us then will look to other avenues for their wireless services.
MzDodgeCity910 wrote: Is this phone ever going to get the gingerbread update?   Wishful thinking, we all hope for that but we will all have to wait and see, it just might fix all the issu... See more...
MzDodgeCity910 wrote: Is this phone ever going to get the gingerbread update?   Wishful thinking, we all hope for that but we will all have to wait and see, it just might fix all the issues we've had with the Froyo update.
dmp17 wrote: Every time I plug my usb into my phone from my computer I get a message that says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive L:"  and I can't shut the messag... See more...
dmp17 wrote: Every time I plug my usb into my phone from my computer I get a message that says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive L:"  and I can't shut the message box down.  Help, please Basically it is telling you it does not recognize your phone correctly. Make sure you have d/l the drivers for your phone and if you have, try another usb port