Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,482 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

MacDaddy's Posts

I tend to agree with DOC, I have EXCHANGE server setup and working on my Bold with my company email working fine with BIS, But as long as I can remember a Blackberry can be registered either BIS,... See more...
I tend to agree with DOC, I have EXCHANGE server setup and working on my Bold with my company email working fine with BIS, But as long as I can remember a Blackberry can be registered either BIS, or BES not both at the same time. I think it has to do with the PIN only being able to be registered to one at a time. If you need company email on your BB, see if they have a HTTPS EXCHANGE address you can log into.
Installed over the Sprint release I was running of  OS 6 without wiping, Used Desktop Manager on my Mac and No problems with the Verizon Version here, Runs Very Smooth, But still waiting for RIM ... See more...
Installed over the Sprint release I was running of  OS 6 without wiping, Used Desktop Manager on my Mac and No problems with the Verizon Version here, Runs Very Smooth, But still waiting for RIM to fix the Camera rebooting issues we all suffer on the Bold and Storm.
Tried them all, Android (too many security holes and hacks) Webos (Killer OS but the Pre hardware sucked) Blackberry, Pearl, Storm, Bold, (Top notch Hardware and a OS that just works like it shou... See more...
Tried them all, Android (too many security holes and hacks) Webos (Killer OS but the Pre hardware sucked) Blackberry, Pearl, Storm, Bold, (Top notch Hardware and a OS that just works like it should) If your all into Games, Video and such, Android might be your ticket. If you want a Email, Text, Ok Browsing and Top quality Voice phone then Blackberry is definitely the way to go. And like others have stated, There is NO better keyboard out there than the Bold.
What Version of the OS  did you upgrade to? Not familiar with the Curve Upgrade  (I have the Bold) But if it's 6.0 version there are No compatible themes yet for OS 6, They just released the bet... See more...
What Version of the OS  did you upgrade to? Not familiar with the Curve Upgrade  (I have the Bold) But if it's 6.0 version there are No compatible themes yet for OS 6, They just released the beta of Theme builder 6, so it will be a while for new themes.
Don't bother reinstalling the OS, I'm running the Sprint version of 6 and still have the camera bug of rebooting on my Bold, Its a software bug that effects the Storm and Bold that BB needs to add... See more...
Don't bother reinstalling the OS, I'm running the Sprint version of 6 and still have the camera bug of rebooting on my Bold, Its a software bug that effects the Storm and Bold that BB needs to address.
It's called SPRINT, Download the Sprint version and delete the vendor file and install, a lot of us have been running the Sprint release for a while now. Only thing Verizon is concerned about is ... See more...
It's called SPRINT, Download the Sprint version and delete the vendor file and install, a lot of us have been running the Sprint release for a while now. Only thing Verizon is concerned about is how much of your money they can get. Have had Verizon Blackberry's for years, Never ran a Verizon release OS
Ok Folks, Just a fun little poll, How many of you users are running the Sprint 6.0.0.415 release on their Bold because their tired of waiting on our Beloved Verizon to get on the ball.   I'm On... See more...
Ok Folks, Just a fun little poll, How many of you users are running the Sprint 6.0.0.415 release on their Bold because their tired of waiting on our Beloved Verizon to get on the ball.   I'm One. Runs Flawlessly!! 
Never had a Verizon Release running on my Berries. Always had a leak or Hybrid running. Never had a problem, Just remember to delete the Vender File. You would think the #1 Carrier in the USA wou... See more...
Never had a Verizon Release running on my Berries. Always had a leak or Hybrid running. Never had a problem, Just remember to delete the Vender File. You would think the #1 Carrier in the USA would be the FIRST to release the updates, But seems their Lacking in their Software Development Dept.   So, I agree, Load it up and enjoy, No big deal loading a Leak or Hybrid. You can always reinstall the original release.
Probably won't see OS 6 until Verizon releases there NEW Blackberry Devices, and then maybe a month or two after that we will get it. It's all about MONEY. They hope you'll get tired of waiting a... See more...
Probably won't see OS 6 until Verizon releases there NEW Blackberry Devices, and then maybe a month or two after that we will get it. It's all about MONEY. They hope you'll get tired of waiting and buy the NEW device. It's called Marketing and Verizon is the best at it. Always Last to release a new update, Got to test it they say, Well for being number one, They should be the first to release you would think. There Software Dept. Definitely Isn't number one.
  johnnydege wrote: So if i get the Blackberry, is there anyway i can just activate it from home and make sure i get the $15 plan and not the real expensive plan?   and does BBM charge Data ... See more...
  johnnydege wrote: So if i get the Blackberry, is there anyway i can just activate it from home and make sure i get the $15 plan and not the real expensive plan?   and does BBM charge Data or is that considered a regular txt message? If you order it on-line, you will be prompted to choose Data plan and options while ordering.  
  SydneyK wrote: I stay because of the great customer service, and I've only had two dropped  calls in 4+ years. My bill, with a BlackBerry plan, is only $80/month. But when I first got my B... See more...
  SydneyK wrote: I stay because of the great customer service, and I've only had two dropped  calls in 4+ years. My bill, with a BlackBerry plan, is only $80/month. But when I first got my BB, I had a lot of extras that brought my bill to $100+/month ... I dropped insurance and tethering.   Considering your needs, as evidenced by your huge monthly bill, it might pay to shop around though. I could not see paying that much for cell phone service.        Yup, 5 Lines, 1400 mins shared, Unlimited Text and picture, WiFI hotspot, 2 of the lines with Unlimited Data ( Bold and Pre Plus)   Grand total.....$241 a month.   If you call verizon to verizon you don't need unlimited talk and could save a ton of money  
  SydneyK wrote: I agree with TheGreatOne ... it wouldn't seem right if you weren't on BB, Doc! It would really mess with my comfort level.   On that note, I STILL haven't upgraded to the ... See more...
  SydneyK wrote: I agree with TheGreatOne ... it wouldn't seem right if you weren't on BB, Doc! It would really mess with my comfort level.   On that note, I STILL haven't upgraded to the Bold, simply because it's not a huge upgrade from what I have. And my battery lasts for days.   I wish the Android Market had a higher quality-to-quantity ratio. And WebOS is the best, IMO, but I don't think I have the patience for the hardware.   OK, I made this all about me. Sorry, OP! I agree with you on the WebOs. I have the Pre Plus. The best OS hands down, as for the Pre Plus, I haven't had a problem adjusting to the keyboard (Which is the biggest draw back for most people, and the small screen) Mine seems to be very well built and runs very good, haven't rebooted in a month. Can't wait to see the New HP-Palm Phone when it does come out. I was a long time Blackberry user and said I would never have another phone other than a Blackberry. But I couldn't continue to use the Antique OS thats Blackberry.  Hardware is top notch, but compairing Blackberry Os to WebOs is like a Stone Tablet compaired to a PC.  
  fifthgear001 wrote: When I first upgrade a couple of weeks, my first choice was the Palm Pre Plus, after seeing the free Hot Spot deal. It was my first smartphone upgrading from an ENV2. T... See more...
  fifthgear001 wrote: When I first upgrade a couple of weeks, my first choice was the Palm Pre Plus, after seeing the free Hot Spot deal. It was my first smartphone upgrading from an ENV2. The Palm webOS is really good. However the battery on the Pre is not good at all. I  was having to charge it at least twice a day. I returned it for the BB Curve. The Curve battery is a lot better and it doesn't get as hot when it's charging.   So while the Palm webOS is good, hardware wise they have some catching up to do. Takes about 5-10 charges to get the battery conditioned, I have no problems going all day with mine  
Geocritter wrote: Wonder who will end up buying Palm in the end?  That was one of my issues with the Pre vs the Droid.  WebOS is nice..But Palm is pushing bankruptcy right now.  The tiny keyb... See more...
Geocritter wrote: Wonder who will end up buying Palm in the end?  That was one of my issues with the Pre vs the Droid.  WebOS is nice..But Palm is pushing bankruptcy right now.  The tiny keyboard was the other issue, but I digress.  I was concerned about getting a phone from a dying company..Just something about it bugged me, not that it should have been that much of an issue since it would be supported no matter what. I think Palm will be around for quite a while yet, and even if they did go under another company (HTC) would pick them up for their OS and Patents. As far as the Pre itself, my first one cooked itself. (Happens to the best of phones) replacement Pre is fantastic no problems. Yes keyboard is small, but very usable, I don't write novels on it. Had the Pearl 8130 so this is actually better. Couldn't handle the Blackberry OS anymore. It works, But that's about all you could say for it. Never really liked the whole push down screen thing on my Storm ( Should have just been a standard touch instead ) I looked at the Eris and the Droid when I got my Pre, didn't like the Brick Droid, and had Played with my Buddies Eris and didn't like the OS as much as the WEBOS. All said I did a TON of research and comparing before making the jump to the Pre, With all the Features, Free Hotspot WIFI, and the Form (really like this little phone) I could never go back to the Blackberry OS unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat and come out with a really sweet OS. Their Hardware is top notch, but the OS is like a Stone Tablet compared to the WebOS.
  LCromwell wrote: Phone 49.99? You have a data pkg. $29.99 on top right? No, (Price of the Phone $49.99) I have 5 lines on a family Talk & text plan, the Data is $29.99 on that phone, ... See more...
  LCromwell wrote: Phone 49.99? You have a data pkg. $29.99 on top right? No, (Price of the Phone $49.99) I have 5 lines on a family Talk & text plan, the Data is $29.99 on that phone, The WIFI hotspot with 5g is TOTALLY FREE with the Pre Plus. the $29.99 Data is for the Pre itself and is Unlimited. No matter how you look at it, It's the best deal Verizon has going period.  
Switched to the Palm Pre Plus, Blackberries are like stone tablets compared to this phone! (OS wise) Blackberry Hardware is top notch. But for me the mail is just as good as the Berry, (Had two B... See more...
Switched to the Palm Pre Plus, Blackberries are like stone tablets compared to this phone! (OS wise) Blackberry Hardware is top notch. But for me the mail is just as good as the Berry, (Had two Berries so I'm not just spouting off) The OS is fantastic! The real Deal maker is the FREE wifi hotspot. You Business people tethering laptops have got to get this, 5g's of FREE  access as long as you own and keep the line active. Phone 49.99, Folks this is a no brainer no matter how much you love your Berry!
  LCromwell wrote: SFObrien wrote: I hear Cricket is looking for unhappy people from other carriers....................... Hmnn, maybe that is what that chirping noise is that so m... See more...
  LCromwell wrote: SFObrien wrote: I hear Cricket is looking for unhappy people from other carriers....................... Hmnn, maybe that is what that chirping noise is that so many people have been complaining about lately, Cricket trolling for new customers?   Cricket's sell phones? I thought they communicated by rubbing their legs together!   
  cathylee wrote: Just got a black berry Tour 2 days ago.  I hate the track ball.  Too hard to click on it.    If you don't like it take it back now, find something else you like. I wen... See more...
  cathylee wrote: Just got a black berry Tour 2 days ago.  I hate the track ball.  Too hard to click on it.    If you don't like it take it back now, find something else you like. I went to the Palm Pre Plus from the Blackberry, I love it. The main thing is you don't want to get stuck with a phone you don't care for, you have 28 days left! good Luck  
Should have taken them back within the 30 days if you didn't like them, you would then be HAPPY with another phone instead of complaining. Don't blame Verizon. They have a policy and we all know ... See more...
Should have taken them back within the 30 days if you didn't like them, you would then be HAPPY with another phone instead of complaining. Don't blame Verizon. They have a policy and we all know it.
Sprint (cheaper) no coverage, T-mobile (cheaper) no coverage, AT&T about the same price, dropped calls and crappie 3G coverage. Customer Service, Verizon rules. (Trust me I have had the others) S... See more...
Sprint (cheaper) no coverage, T-mobile (cheaper) no coverage, AT&T about the same price, dropped calls and crappie 3G coverage. Customer Service, Verizon rules. (Trust me I have had the others) So all I have to add is Good Luck.   When you have problems on Verizon   Call customer service first, if you need to replace the phone or need service make sure you use a CORPORATE store.