Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,200 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

dynoatlanta's Posts

Thanks for the comment.  The reason I did not 'jump on the offer', was the fact that I was also told by the service technician and an in-store rep that by upgrading to a 4G phone would eliminate ... See more...
Thanks for the comment.  The reason I did not 'jump on the offer', was the fact that I was also told by the service technician and an in-store rep that by upgrading to a 4G phone would eliminate the problem.  So instead of connecting another device to my personal network, I believed what I was told.  Shame on me for being so gullible.  But I don't believe I am being unreasonable.
I moved to a less populated area in Florida where the house are all concrete with metal studs in the walls.  With my old Droid and 3G service, I could barely get reception in the house and had ma... See more...
I moved to a less populated area in Florida where the house are all concrete with metal studs in the walls.  With my old Droid and 3G service, I could barely get reception in the house and had many dropped calls.  I contacted Verizon support and they initiated a ticket and was progressing to the point where I was told that it appeared that an extender would be the solution and in my case they would provide it for free.  But I was also told by several people that when 4G arrived, I would not have a problem at all.  So instead of taking the extender, when my contract was up, I upgraded to the new Razr Max with 4G service.  Needless to say, my home reception is still bad in the house, Ok outside the door.  I have contacted Support again, they researched and said there were obstructions to the towerr and an extender was the option, otherwise I could go to another carrier.  And now I have to pay for it.  I mentioned the earlier ticket and potential result, but they still want me to pay for it.  With my plan I already pay quite a bit for service each month and since I have been a customer for many years, I thought they would be happy to keep me.  Am I unreasonalbe? After looking at some other posts, there appear to be some problems with extenders - both with not being able to restrict others from using it and also its use of your internet connection.  So maybe the option is to go to one of those 'no contract' competitors and pay quite a bit less for mediocre service?