Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,279 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

gggggg's Posts

Believe I found solution to overheating.  I took the case (heavy plastic) off the phone and so far so good.
It's  mainly when a phone gets so hot you cant handle it with bare hands, that is not normal. Is it.
Okay, trying to make this short.  Since getting the Droid Turbo I have to use a Network Extender (never did with other phones), so calling toll free numbers, I cannot tell if the other phone is ... See more...
Okay, trying to make this short.  Since getting the Droid Turbo I have to use a Network Extender (never did with other phones), so calling toll free numbers, I cannot tell if the other phone is ringing as there is total silence on my end, unless someone answers. Anyway, they turned off Advanced calling (Verizon - on their end), afterwards, when I turned on my data I HAD NO DATA WHATSOEVER. No 1x, no 3G, no 4G, nothing, and I live in a 4G LTE area.  This continued until I, once again, had to download AC again and just turn it off with my phone.  Why do I have to have the feature on the phone in order to have any Data coverage? Can't wait til Edge is up with this phone. ugh.....to many problems.
They did tell me "overheating damage" is covered under the warranty. So, me, if it overheats and gets damaged will just keep turning them in. I never had a phone run so hot. If it's  30 degrees o... See more...
They did tell me "overheating damage" is covered under the warranty. So, me, if it overheats and gets damaged will just keep turning them in. I never had a phone run so hot. If it's  30 degrees outside the phone temp runs around 80. If it's  80 out phone temp (not using) runs around 110.  So figure, let it overheat. Next phone  going back to Samsung. Seems since Lenovo bought Motorola everything went to h*ll. A shame, just like no updates.
FCC would like to know about the "false" advertising. 
Did the speed test:  It located PennTeleData as the closest in Palmerton, PA, which is actually 71 miles from me , but anyway, I got 31.53 mbps down and 6.60 up. and that is @ -98 dBm ...Not su... See more...
Did the speed test:  It located PennTeleData as the closest in Palmerton, PA, which is actually 71 miles from me , but anyway, I got 31.53 mbps down and 6.60 up. and that is @ -98 dBm ...Not sure if that is average speeds or not. First one I did it gave me Philadelphia, which is way down south from me and got 9.19 mbps down and 7.49 up.  Both locations ping is 70.  And Add Scranton, PA Ping 397; 29.06 up and 6.68 down.
Droid Turbo:  dbm (-102)  Samsung Galaxy S5 (-91);  Is it normal for the turbo to have terrible signal strength?  And that is ALL over, unless I am near a tin roof!!!
1.  The phone overheats to the max. Last time I used Google maps, just recent, went up to 139 F.  2. Outside, on a warm day, not in sun, phone temp goes to 112 without using it.  3.  1/2 the call... See more...
1.  The phone overheats to the max. Last time I used Google maps, just recent, went up to 139 F.  2. Outside, on a warm day, not in sun, phone temp goes to 112 without using it.  3.  1/2 the calls still go to voicemail and phone does not ring at all. Disabling AC makes calling out worse.  4. VW said take it to store, I did, of course, they're not using google maps, store is ac and it doesn't overheat for them. So, they cannot duplicate the problems.  As such, I am stuck with a crappy phone.  I was hoping the 5.1 would fix problems with this phone.
Should have stayed with Samsung (no problems there) and AT&T (now find they're better customer service). And I love how some people just are brown nosers for VW. SMH  If certain people can't answ... See more...
Should have stayed with Samsung (no problems there) and AT&T (now find they're better customer service). And I love how some people just are brown nosers for VW. SMH  If certain people can't answer a question, they should mine their own business.
For one, I promised NOT to mention his name. 2. The Turbo WAS TO GET 5.1        Verizon is REALLY becoming a HORRID company. I wish I did work for AT&T, wouldn't be putting up with this crap of V... See more...
For one, I promised NOT to mention his name. 2. The Turbo WAS TO GET 5.1        Verizon is REALLY becoming a HORRID company. I wish I did work for AT&T, wouldn't be putting up with this crap of Verizon and abandoning phones.  As soon as this OLD Droid Turbo gets paid down I WILL BE LEAVING Motorola phones AND VERIZON WIRELESS for ignoring their customers and questions. Incompetent company now, wonder what happened to them. SMH 
Do you work for Verizon?
Also, saw a leak where motorola is coming out with NEW droids this summer. LOL, so apparently yes, Verizon and Motorola have abandoned this phone (droid turbo). I bet all over the net Motorola gi... See more...
Also, saw a leak where motorola is coming out with NEW droids this summer. LOL, so apparently yes, Verizon and Motorola have abandoned this phone (droid turbo). I bet all over the net Motorola gives the same answer since 2014, "we're working on it".  Yep, they'll work on it after the NEW droids come out and all other motorola phones are updated.  I for one will 1. Never BUY AN EXCLUSIVE VERIZON PHONE anymore  2. NEVER buy a Motorola phone 
Yes I did. Of course, in ac , it didn't overheat. They checked it over. Told me just to keep an eye on it. So will do that.  The hottest it has been so far is 124.8. Then brought it inside in t... See more...
Yes I did. Of course, in ac , it didn't overheat. They checked it over. Told me just to keep an eye on it. So will do that.  The hottest it has been so far is 124.8. Then brought it inside in the ac and it went down rather quickly. Thanks for the response, glad it would be covered under the warranty
No problem, just hope the warranty covers overheating, whether just sitting outside or using Google maps or even Verizon Navigator.
Did have a conversation with Motorola and they did VERIFY The UPDATE is in VERIZONS hands. They cannot say what the hold up is. So, question for Verizon, just WHAT is the holdup? WHY are YOU aba... See more...
Did have a conversation with Motorola and they did VERIFY The UPDATE is in VERIZONS hands. They cannot say what the hold up is. So, question for Verizon, just WHAT is the holdup? WHY are YOU abandoning the Droid Turbo? Seriously, trying to lose customers?  Even the LgG3 is receiving lollipop, Galaxy S4 received lollipop, Galaxy S5 received. Think a lot of customers would like answers, and not a link to your NEWS page.
I think I'll go with the LG G4 when it comes out with that one.  Waiting to find out if 4G LTE is in my area, heck even if it's 4G, still will probably change. 
1. No it was not plugged in. 2. If I am outside in weather over 70 degrees it heats up in no time (in shade). using dictionary now and then. 3. 10 ,minutes on Verizon Qi charger, heats up to ... See more...
1. No it was not plugged in. 2. If I am outside in weather over 70 degrees it heats up in no time (in shade). using dictionary now and then. 3. 10 ,minutes on Verizon Qi charger, heats up to 105.00.
soon so͞on/ adverb 1. in or after a short time."everyone will soon know the truth" synonyms: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minu... See more...
soon so͞on/ adverb 1. in or after a short time."everyone will soon know the truth" synonyms: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), by and by; informalpronto, in a jiffy; dateddirectly, anon "we'll be there soon"
Yeah, it HAPPENS to be this piece of junk has started overheating. Can use google maps 1/2 hour, overheats. Take it outside, sit it in shade, overheats. Calls randomly still going to voicemail in... See more...
Yeah, it HAPPENS to be this piece of junk has started overheating. Can use google maps 1/2 hour, overheats. Take it outside, sit it in shade, overheats. Calls randomly still going to voicemail instead of phone ringing. THAT is why!!!! Geesh
I only was able to use Google maps for 1/2 hour!!! before it warned me phone was overheating. Wish I could have used it on 3-4 hour trip, I wouldn't have a problem.