Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,546 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

y0diggity's Posts

I'd love to get a head unit with built-in BT, but it's a bit pricey to get a good one and I don't want to "settle" when it comes to my truck. The T505 has been great. Since I also drive a seperat... See more...
I'd love to get a head unit with built-in BT, but it's a bit pricey to get a good one and I don't want to "settle" when it comes to my truck. The T505 has been great. Since I also drive a seperate company vehicle it's awesome because I can take it between vehicles and have my hands-free and music in whichever vehicle I end up in that day.
If you don't haave an AUX input on your stereo, like a regular 3.5 jack that lets you plug straight in, try the Motorola T505 Hands free. I've found it to be one of the best mobile accessories I'... See more...
If you don't haave an AUX input on your stereo, like a regular 3.5 jack that lets you plug straight in, try the Motorola T505 Hands free. I've found it to be one of the best mobile accessories I've every owned, for both the hands-free as well as the FM-transmitter. Worth every penny I paid for it. I drive all over the state for work and it's always with me. I'd be lost without it. And now that Froyo offers bluetooth voice dialing, it's just that much better.   There's my product endorsement for the day.
  vglass wrote: y0diggity wrote: I'm happy with the update. My phone has none of the described problems. Battery life isn't any worse than it was before the update. The items seen in tas... See more...
  vglass wrote: y0diggity wrote: I'm happy with the update. My phone has none of the described problems. Battery life isn't any worse than it was before the update. The items seen in task killer are a non-issue, I don't even use a TK. Never have, never will. Although many here seem to believe that they know more than those who created the OS, I'm not in that category. I will assume that they they do - in fact - know a little more than I do about their product than I do, until I'm able to build my own OS and have it loaded exclusively on a massive line of flagship handsets. For now, I'll go with their advice. Anyhoooo... As I said, no issues with the Froyo update. I certainly do not pretend to know more about the OS than the developers, I'm not sure how that even is applicable.  If your phone is acting up or not working than someone telling you are wrong does not make it so.  As far as task killer goes, I do not know if all the apps now showing on task killer are impacting battery life or not.  But I do know that my phone jumps from screen to screen without being touched, it does jump around from folder to folder in e-mail, it is noticeably slower on the internet, etc... than before, and the battery is definitely draining quicker and charging slower.  Obviously there are issues out there, the title of this overall site is Droid Incredible not issues with update, yet there is almost nothing else being posted.  I have never posted on this site ever, the only reason I came here was because of the issues I have been having.  Whether it's the majority or minority, it is very clear there are significant issues.  It took about a week after the "upgrade" before my phone starting acting up, so I strongly suspect that once all Incredible users have "upgraded" and have had it running for a week or so these post will grow significantly.      First of all, I don't recall accusing you of being one of those folks who presume to know more than the dev's. In fact, I don't recall even considering your previous post at all in the above-quoted reply. But thanks for taking a ride on the way-to-sensitive bus. Second of all, I've been doing this whole mobile-y gadget-y thing for a very very long time and without fail, when an update comes, the forums for that product will invariably be filled with people who are having problems with said update. If you look back through the Android forums here and on any of the other boards that pertain to Android devices and search posts during the time period directly after an update, you will hear the exact same things. As King Solomon said - there is nothing new under the sun. I truly wish you weren't having the issues you are having, and it's a bad deal, but the title of the thread is "Who IS happy with 2.2?" I am. I'm perfectly happy with it. I love it, in fact. I'm glad I upgraded early via the manual update so I didn't have to wait. And you know what? If I DID have problems with it, I'd spend more time researching the problem and trying various solutions to make it better and I'd spend less time complaining on the forums in every single new post that comes up about it, as if no one read your same post a hundred times already throughout the forums. And if I were new to the forums, I wouldnt start off my experience there with an angry threatening flame of the phone, the company and everything that has to do with it. Sometimes we have to do things ourselves and have to stop relying on the company that sold the item to give us a solution. And sometimes those solutions have to be drastic, but they'll work and they'll make it better. Not saying that this applies to you, but I'm just throwing it out there for ya.  
I'm happy with the update. My phone has none of the described problems. Battery life isn't any worse than it was before the update. The items seen in task killer are a non-issue, I don't even use... See more...
I'm happy with the update. My phone has none of the described problems. Battery life isn't any worse than it was before the update. The items seen in task killer are a non-issue, I don't even use a TK. Never have, never will. Although many here seem to believe that they know more than those who created the OS, I'm not in that category. I will assume that they they do - in fact - know a little more than I do about their product than I do, until I'm able to build my own OS and have it loaded exclusively on a massive line of flagship handsets. For now, I'll go with their advice. Anyhoooo... As I said, no issues with the Froyo update.
Works on Fox.com's site and on G4tv as well. However it does have the problem with audio synch. It doesn't match up with the video, sometimes worse than others. I don't think that flash for mobil... See more...
Works on Fox.com's site and on G4tv as well. However it does have the problem with audio synch. It doesn't match up with the video, sometimes worse than others. I don't think that flash for mobile is really going to go far, it just isn't easy to implement. I can't think of a mobile platform that has it done well. Who knows what the future holds for it, but there's nothing up to this point that would lead me to believe otherwise.  
I miss the old gallery and it's Picasa integration. Anyone have a suggestion for an app that does a good job of this on the Incredible? I know I can d/l the actual old gallery app, but it has som... See more...
I miss the old gallery and it's Picasa integration. Anyone have a suggestion for an app that does a good job of this on the Incredible? I know I can d/l the actual old gallery app, but it has some quirks running under the HTC Sense UI that I just don't want to mess with. Nothing major, I'd just rather not mess with it.   If you have any favorites, speak up!
After my upgrade, I still had to go to the market and download the newest version. Once I did that, it was the way it should be and all was right with the world, once again.
I'm one of those guys who usually ends up paying full retail because I can't wait for my upgrade and I want the newest gadget. I can honestly say that with my Incredible, I haven't even been temp... See more...
I'm one of those guys who usually ends up paying full retail because I can't wait for my upgrade and I want the newest gadget. I can honestly say that with my Incredible, I haven't even been tempted to do so. My wife actually pointed that out to me a couple weeks ago. I hadn't even really thought about it, but then I rrealized it was true. My incredible is the first phone I've had in a loooong time that's kept my attention for this amount of time and I have no intentions of upgrading anytime soon. Like AZSALUKI, I've had mine since the launch.   But there are some new things coming later this year/early next year that have me interested, so who knows...
In the BlackBerry world, what we call a "Hard Reset" is known as "wiping". I think that's actually a better term for it. Not that it matters, just making conversation.   But to elaborate on ... See more...
In the BlackBerry world, what we call a "Hard Reset" is known as "wiping". I think that's actually a better term for it. Not that it matters, just making conversation.   But to elaborate on AZSALUKI's point a little more, a hard reset will only reset the phone to whichever ROM was most recently installed on it. So if you got Froyo and hate it, a hard reset will clear everything off the phone and just leave you with your base operating system, which in that case would still be Froyo. It will not put your phone back to a previous version. However, my theory is that if you got the pb113.img file that was used in the last update, you could essentially "back-rev" your phone. I don't have any problems with mine, so I'm not going to try it out, but I am very curious about it. I thought about trying it last night just to see if it would work, but I'm too lazy to reinstall all my apps. Of course, trying to do that could also brick your phone, I spose, you never know. That's what makes it so interesting...    
When these guys refer to a hard reset, they mean that it wipes the handset clean. However, if you use the offical update from HTC and not the RUU method, your phone will not perform a hard reset ... See more...
When these guys refer to a hard reset, they mean that it wipes the handset clean. However, if you use the offical update from HTC and not the RUU method, your phone will not perform a hard reset and will, in fact, upgrade exactly as it would using the OTA, leaving all of your data and apps intact.   That having been said, I updated manually and haven't had any of the problems that I've seen listed here in the forums.
  aibrean wrote: From VZsupport:   @VZWSupport One last thing. Can I maualy update it to froyo? @Blaxerx5 A leaked version will void your warranty.*TM   @vzwsupport Is this Htc Incredib... See more...
  aibrean wrote: From VZsupport:   @VZWSupport One last thing. Can I maualy update it to froyo? @Blaxerx5 A leaked version will void your warranty.*TM   @vzwsupport Is this Htc Incredible froyo manual update legit? http://bit.ly/961yiq @surfbreakn2000 The update will come OTA any leaked version will void your warranty.*TM     Oh... You mean the same VZW reps who, even to this day, will tell you there is no update when you call the call center? Or the same VZW reps who have told users for months that the update wouldn't be available on whatever platform you happened to be asking about? Or maybe these are the same VZW reps who will tell you that your order hasn't even been received, then 10 minutes after you hang up with them, FedEx is at your door with your stuff? Oh, and lets not forget the same VZW reps who have spent hours on the phone with people, trying to help them get the voice dialing working over bluetooth on their Android phones? (in case you weren't aware, it doesn't work prior to 2.2)   Oh yeah. I see your point. I'll be sure to take your information into consideration, given that your sources are so reliable.
  aibrean wrote: Manual install WILL void your warranty.     Without going into the whole thing again (it's been posted all over these forums and around the interwebs)....   No you w... See more...
  aibrean wrote: Manual install WILL void your warranty.     Without going into the whole thing again (it's been posted all over these forums and around the interwebs)....   No you won't.
  budone wrote: found it!     Wouldn't a hard reset revert back to 2.1???? That clears the phone back to the original setup. The issue would be getting the message to update every 1/2 ho... See more...
  budone wrote: found it!     Wouldn't a hard reset revert back to 2.1???? That clears the phone back to the original setup. The issue would be getting the message to update every 1/2 hour.   I have not had an issue with email  nor my battery since the update this AM. But a few hours later my bookmarks and weather sites disappeared. But I think that was due to me playing with clearing caches and force stopping programs.   I am still in the learning process.   Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, in some cases) a hard reset will just reset the phone to it's base ROM, which is now 2.2. Each time the ROM is rewritten, it becomes the only image on the phone. So a reset will just put you back to the 2.2 ROM you just installed. You would have to find the image file for the version you want and then boot the phone into recovery mode. One thing about it though, it will either work or it won't. The phone will either see the image file and do it's thing or it won't recognize it and it'll just reboot back into the 2.2 image. I would try it just out of curiousity if I didn't want to avoid reinstalling all my apps. I might have to ask around and see if anyone else has tried it. Inquiring minds want to know.
  Chillenout wrote: Prolly? What is prolly? Are you trying to say probably and you  don't know how to spell it? Or are you just too lazy to spell the whole word?   Good work. Go get 'em... See more...
  Chillenout wrote: Prolly? What is prolly? Are you trying to say probably and you  don't know how to spell it? Or are you just too lazy to spell the whole word?   Good work. Go get 'em tiger! You make sure you run around to all the threads in the forums now and correct everyone's grammar, but also make sure that you don't contribute anything relevant, useful or even interesting to the discussion. So far you have that part down pat. {please keep your posts courteous}   To the OP -   There may be a way to roll back, but I'm not sure. I've not tried to use the previous update image to roll back, but I'll bet within a day or two, we'll have someone, somewhere who's tried it and will post their results. I'll guarantee that if it does turn out that it can be done, you'll definitely lose your stuff in the process. Of course, with Android, that's not a huge deal, since all of your contacts, etc are stored on Google's servers. I definitely like that part. So far I've had pretty good luck with Froyo, but we shall see what the future holds. I'll PROLLY give it a couple weeks before I make a firm decision.  
  Phategod1 wrote: a question about the instructions it says "Before you copy it make sure its name is update.zip." Are they talking about the actual download because when I downloaded it wa... See more...
  Phategod1 wrote: a question about the instructions it says "Before you copy it make sure its name is update.zip." Are they talking about the actual download because when I downloaded it was named 8e5ad8d6ea2d.OTA_IncredibleC_Verizon_WWE_3.21.605.1_1.22.605.2_release_sign.zip or are the referring to a file in there. that should be named update.zip Yes. Name that giant file "update.zip", don't worry about the contents of it, your phone will handle that part.  
tr1kst4nce wrote: Ok... so for those few on this thread who have installed it... I have a couple of newbie questions.   1.  How do you know you have the 2.2 update?  The only thing I can th... See more...
tr1kst4nce wrote: Ok... so for those few on this thread who have installed it... I have a couple of newbie questions.   1.  How do you know you have the 2.2 update?  The only thing I can think of is to go into the camera and check for the 720p thing.   Go to menu -> settings -> about phone -> software // That'll give you the version   2.  What all did you get on the update?  Hotspot?  720p HD video capability?  What?  Anything else?   Pretty icons, city ID that never stops, Skype mobile whether you want it or not, the ability to rotate the screen to the right now instead of just the left. Seriously, not a lot. Definitely nothing for people to ose sleep over. *edit** I forgot one important thing - I hear that it also enables bluetooth voice dialing. I haven't tried it yet. If this is true, then I would say that the update gets a definite +1. This is a feature that, even though I rarely need it, should be standard on every phone in existence.   3.  What exactly is the "root" folder it talks about when doing it manually?  And is it safe to do it this way?  Especially off of some site.   The root of the SDcard just means to put the downloaded file on your sd card, but NOT in a folder. Just drop it on there, all by it's lonesome. It has nothing to do with "rooting" your phone, in case you were curious. That's an entirely different animal. Hope that helps a bit! Enjoy.   Sorry for the newbie questions.  Your help is appreciated.  
Chillenout wrote: Dude.   You sent this to the wrong person. Ivan is the CEO for the landline side of Verizon...Ivan just so happens not to give a rats **bleep** about you or anyone else.  ... See more...
Chillenout wrote: Dude.   You sent this to the wrong person. Ivan is the CEO for the landline side of Verizon...Ivan just so happens not to give a rats **bleep** about you or anyone else.    You should have sent this to the CEO of Verizon Wireless, Lowell Mc Adam and the Regional President for your area...    On second thought, they don't give a rat's **bleep** about anyone either, so you'll just be wasting your time sending them an email. That's just AWESOME!! I'm gonna go LOL now... Nice catch. I love these open letter threads on these boards, they're definitely my favorites. Like anyone at VZW besides a couple CSRs are even looking at these. I'm sure those CSRs will make sure to forward this on up to the CEO. Let me know how that works out for ya man...  
dabubbakin, you are not off at all. In fact you're absolutely correct. By stopping the download and using the SDK for Android, you can capture the link that your phone is downloading from and the... See more...
dabubbakin, you are not off at all. In fact you're absolutely correct. By stopping the download and using the SDK for Android, you can capture the link that your phone is downloading from and then download it manually. In some cases - like the Eris update that the other poster is most likely talking about - the file that is posted is official, however it isn't final. Same thing happened with my wife's and daughter's Eris. A simple matter to fix once the "final" was released and not a big deal at all.   There is a lot of paranoia that circulates about these sorts of things. People are (rightfully so) concerned about damaging their expensive equipment. My advice to everyone is this - If you're not comfortable with it, don't do it. It's really that simple. But do the research yourself, don't take the word of one person either way. But make sure you know where to look and what sources to consider credible. The Android dev's forum is definitely a credible location. They're the ones that make the OS work, chances are good that they have an idea about what they're saying.   Also make sure that you're not the first one trying it. Check the forums and the replies. See if there's been any major issues and if there have been, see if there are solutions to those issues.   Nothing's complicated about this whole thing. You can either wait and get the update, or do it yourself. It's up to you. Either way, enjoy your phone. It's a good piece of hardware and you paid a lot for it. Have fun with it and don't stress so much.
Just installed the update manually. Everything is up and working fine, as it should be and always has when androidcentral posts the info. 1. You absolutely CAN put the file on your desktop to re... See more...
Just installed the update manually. Everything is up and working fine, as it should be and always has when androidcentral posts the info. 1. You absolutely CAN put the file on your desktop to rename before you move it to your phone. It'll work fine. If you do happen to have file extensions turned off so you can't see them in Windows, it gets a little tricky, but still no big deal. Make sure you follow directions and everything will be fine for you.   2. My one major comment is just this - These people were freaking out about receiving this??? Upset because it's taking so long? Why??? It does have different stuff in it, granted, but if this is all it takes to get you up in arms, I'd hate to see you in line at Wal-Mart when someone needs to go check a price. My goodness, I'll bet your head just about explodes.   3. This is how ALL of the updates work. They go out in groups. Always have, always will. Within a couple of days of starting, someone captures the image file and posts it online. It's always the same. If you're new to this, now you know. There isn't any need to get upset and it sure isn't going to make it happen any quicker, I promise. If you want it faster, do it yourself. If you're not new to this and you're still getting mad about it, then you obviously haven't learned anything from the past.   4. Also, as far as the warranty goes, I wouldn't sweat it. The manual update file on AC is the actual file that VZW sends out OTA. It's just that someone grabbed the URL it was coming from so the guys could download it manually and post it. There is absolutely no difference whatsoever in the update that is being installed from Android Central and the one that people are receiving OTA. None. Nada. Zip. There's honestly no way at all for VZW to know what method you used to get the update. Just delete the file from your SD card when you're done.   Anywhooooo... That's it folks. It's all good in the hood. For those of you who have increased blood pressure because of this, I recommend running over to AC and checking them out. Trust me, you'll feel better when you're done. One lesss thing to have a stroke about.  
Agreed. Pictures with the phone are marginal at best indoors. The flash absolutely floods everything with light so instead of getting a better picture, you pretty much get a bright, washed out ph... See more...
Agreed. Pictures with the phone are marginal at best indoors. The flash absolutely floods everything with light so instead of getting a better picture, you pretty much get a bright, washed out photo at best.   Outdoors is another story entirely though. Very nice pictures.