Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,313 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

crb79's Posts

This was posted a couple of weeks ago.  Current subscribers get Grandfathered for the time being.
But they don't allow data blocks and charge nearly $1 per MB.  Had a friend who was surprised with a $50 data charge just for his device syncing weather updates.
Well, you're posting in a Droid X area, and VZW does not allow tethering on those devices only wireless hotspot which is an additional charge.
The problem with most of those machines is that they rely on 10 year old technology.  They were great when you were dealing with 1MP pictures.  Sure they added Bluetooth support to most of them, ... See more...
The problem with most of those machines is that they rely on 10 year old technology.  They were great when you were dealing with 1MP pictures.  Sure they added Bluetooth support to most of them, but they never increased the printing resolution.   Give the Walmart thing a try, I think Walgreens and CVS/Jewel offers the same service.  Upload the pictures from the website and they will print on their photo machine.  They even cost a fraction of the kiosk price.  I think my last batch of 100 pictures ran like $5.
AOmonsta wrote: Thanks. Guess I'll just have to keep experimenting till something works. If you are using one of those Kodak or similar photo printing stations, the pictures will suck just ... See more...
AOmonsta wrote: Thanks. Guess I'll just have to keep experimenting till something works. If you are using one of those Kodak or similar photo printing stations, the pictures will suck just because that machine sucks.   I've sent pictures to Walmart online from my phone with the 8mp setting and they turned out GREAT.  My wife has even done with with her Original Droid and they turn out good.
samwv wrote: I will show my wife your post---she was trying to pull my SD card out with tweezers, without removing my extended life battery.  The tweezer deal worked okay with her phone, as s... See more...
samwv wrote: I will show my wife your post---she was trying to pull my SD card out with tweezers, without removing my extended life battery.  The tweezer deal worked okay with her phone, as she has the regular battery---she didn't realize my battery is a little thicker.   I did Google this issue, but haven't found anything helpful yet. Google Droid X disassembly   With the backpiece off you should be able to have more of the remaining SD card exposed.
The X2 does not have a front facing camera.  Honestly I think I'd hold out a couple more months for a better bang for your buck.  Neither the X2 nor the I2 are 4G, they both simply have minor upg... See more...
The X2 does not have a front facing camera.  Honestly I think I'd hold out a couple more months for a better bang for your buck.  Neither the X2 nor the I2 are 4G, they both simply have minor upgrades from the originals.   I've been holding my upgrade option for over a year now.  I'm waiting for something significantly better than the Droid X before I use it.
In all my years I have never seen something like that done.   I think this is one of those cases where you just chock it up to a huge mistake and pay for a new one.   You can probably find fu... See more...
In all my years I have never seen something like that done.   I think this is one of those cases where you just chock it up to a huge mistake and pay for a new one.   You can probably find further disassembly guides on Google.
curtterp wrote: Not everyone would get a X2 .... some of use do not use insurance for cell phones.   the reason why I no longer pay for insurance, is the fact that they have a limit on repl... See more...
curtterp wrote: Not everyone would get a X2 .... some of use do not use insurance for cell phones.   the reason why I no longer pay for insurance, is the fact that they have a limit on replacements..... 2 replacements per ACCOUNT (not line) in a year, although you pay for insurance per line.   I stopped paying for insurance when I have 4 lines, and they only allowed 2 replacements.   They might have changed their policies over time, but they will no longer get anymore of my money. It's 3 per year per policy right now and has been for a few years now.  Carriers do have exceptions to this rule though.  I know if you have problems with your phone Sprint will replace it but mark off one of your 3 claims with Asurion.  I don't know if VZW has this same rule though as I've only waranty replaced a couple phones over 5 years time.   But yes, it's common that Asurion replaces devices with a "like" device or a step up if a "like" device is not available.  It will still cost you your $100 deductible though, so concider it a $100 upgrade fee.
Those rates are absurd.  If you will notice, they are the same rates as for Mobile Broadband.  So you get no breaks for paying for monthly minutes.   I truly believe this move will only hurt VZ... See more...
Those rates are absurd.  If you will notice, they are the same rates as for Mobile Broadband.  So you get no breaks for paying for monthly minutes.   I truly believe this move will only hurt VZW as many of us legitimate large data users will take our business elsewhere.  Others who use less data will simply opt for the lower priced plans, which will be the VAST majority of users.
If the screen is not turning off while you hold it to your ear then you can still press buttons with your ear/check/face.   That or someone is playing a trick on you on the other end.
Sounds like the LED has malfunctioned some how.  I use Z-Devicetest which is free from the Marketplace to test all my phone's sensors and such.  If you still get no success with that program it s... See more...
Sounds like the LED has malfunctioned some how.  I use Z-Devicetest which is free from the Marketplace to test all my phone's sensors and such.  If you still get no success with that program it sounds like a trip to the store is in your future.
curtterp wrote: Verizon's trackrecord is that you keep the details of your contract until you update the plan/phone etc. Then they will force you to update to the tierd plans.   I would thi... See more...
curtterp wrote: Verizon's trackrecord is that you keep the details of your contract until you update the plan/phone etc. Then they will force you to update to the tierd plans.   I would think that it would pretty close to match the tablets data plan which stands at   $20 - 1gb $35 - 3gb $50 - 5gb $80 - 10gb   At least that is my opinion...... do I like it - NOPE...... but it looks like I will not upgrade to a LTE device when my contract is ready to be renewed next year.   My usage is pretty close to 2-3 gb per month. I listen to internet radio most of the day at work (Work doesn't allow us to listen to internet radio or stream anything) I think it would be silly to run at those rates.  Reason being, you don't have to purchase Phone Minutes for your Tablet.  So since we do for our phones we should get a big break.
gerio wrote: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/21/current-verizon-customers-wont-be-affected-by-tiered-data-only-new-customers-and-lines/   Geri O I'm still kind of worried being that... See more...
gerio wrote: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/21/current-verizon-customers-wont-be-affected-by-tiered-data-only-new-customers-and-lines/   Geri O I'm still kind of worried being that my contract expired in July of last year...  I guess we will just see how things go.
Hulk0069 wrote: Was wondering if there are different kinds of sd card for quality/performance? like are there sum better then other? Yes there are indeed.  Class 10 I think is near the limi... See more...
Hulk0069 wrote: Was wondering if there are different kinds of sd card for quality/performance? like are there sum better then other? Yes there are indeed.  Class 10 I think is near the limit of the phones at this time.
holden190 wrote: Can someone tell me in easy detailfor a newbie how to get my DX back to Froyo from GB?   Can I do a system restore to factory settings?   Thanks No, such things can... See more...
holden190 wrote: Can someone tell me in easy detailfor a newbie how to get my DX back to Froyo from GB?   Can I do a system restore to factory settings?   Thanks No, such things cannot be discussed here....  And No.
vereyezuhn wrote: It sounds like you've been blocked. That's what I was thinking.  
DincX110 wrote:     Wildman do you think it'll be a winner i just its better than Blockbuster Lol   We'll give it Try! It is far better than Blockbuster.  I've had Netflix for going... See more...
DincX110 wrote:     Wildman do you think it'll be a winner i just its better than Blockbuster Lol   We'll give it Try! It is far better than Blockbuster.  I've had Netflix for going on 4 years now.  It takes quite a bit of time for movies to release for Streaming, but you can't beat it.  I use it to catchup on all my shows etc.  I pay $18 a month for unlimited streaming up to 6 devices connected at a time, and I get 3 Bluray movies at a time.     Blockbuster failed in that you have to pay for each movie, netflix = watch every show that's available and it's still only like $7.99 for unlimited streaming.   I've been using the Netflix app on my phone for several weeks now and IT'S AWESOME!!! lol  Oh and best part, you're not tied to Wifi only, it works just fine on 3G.
If you account isn't pulling up any of your info you need to talk to Customer Support.  Sounds like an issue with your account.
What are you using to listen to the music?  It sounds like an app or something is activating your voice command menu.