Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 10.3K Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

mmpeleg's Posts

Google released Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on July 23, 2012. Verizon pushed the update out to the Galaxy S III on December 14, 2012; almost five months later. In the technology world, this is a ver... See more...
Google released Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on July 23, 2012. Verizon pushed the update out to the Galaxy S III on December 14, 2012; almost five months later. In the technology world, this is a very long time. Android 4.2.1 was released on November 27, 2012, making the Android version that S3 owners received in December three updates old already. Verizon was last to push Jelly Bean to their customers S3s despite being the largest carrier in the US. After speaking to both Verizon and Samsung at that time, they both played the blame game on each other. This is very unprofessional and shows me that you guys couldn't care less about your customers. When the update was finally pushed out, I discovered some problems with it right away. There is so much lag for a phone that never lagged before. A lot of times the audio bar (when adjusting audio) won't even show up and typing is a chore because I now have to wait between pressing keys on the keyboard. My battery life was nearly cut in half (easily over 1/3 lost). I again called Verizon and Samsung to attempt to downgrade back to Android 4.0.4, only to find out that I can't. Now, I'm stuck with defective software until another update comes out. All of the other stuff I can somewhat understand, but that I can't replace the defective software with a working one drives me up a wall. Knowing how the last update went, I can only assume that it will take months before another update occurs. Quite a frustrating situation that many people have to now deal with. Why does it take so long for Verizon to push updates out? Why can't I downgrade my phone to the official OS that works how it's suppose to? Verizon has great coverage and generally great customer support; however, the way Verizon handles updates needs to be changed. I would like to hear other opinions, from both agreeing and disagreeing sides; so, what do you guys think?