Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,296 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

iheartfios123's Posts

According to the wireless website:   Time Restrictions Can I manage time restrictions on my family’s lines? Yes, you can set up to 10 restricted time periods for each child on Usage Control... See more...
According to the wireless website:   Time Restrictions Can I manage time restrictions on my family’s lines? Yes, you can set up to 10 restricted time periods for each child on Usage Controls. It will restrict the user from sending or receiving messages (including Mobile IM), downloading content such as ringtones or games or using applications including Chaperone and Backup Assistant. Note: Text messages sent designated Trusted Numbers and the child’s phone will be accepted even during time restrictions. Voice calls are not stopped during time restricted periods (numbers on the Block Number list are always restricted from calling or being called by the child). You cannot set an allowance for or restrict premium messages (messages that a user pays an additional charge to receive, such as sports alerts or other content like wallpaper or ringtones). Back to top Will Chaperone work when the child on Usage Controls is in a time restriction? No. A parent will not be able to locate a child or receive child zone alerts using Chaperone services when the child’s line is subject to time restrictions. Trusted Numbers Which phone numbers can be added to the Trusted Numbers list? At this time, only numbers within your Verizon Wireless account can be added to the Trusted Numbers list. A Usage Controls subscriber and a number on the Trusted Numbers list can send or receive text messages with each other, regardless of time restrictions or message allowance limits. You must designate which numbers on your account are Trusted Numbers.  
Hey OP.. can u get IMs?  If so, how do I send?
Alrighty - A little more back on topic, here is how to get to the department that you need pretty much everytime.  You CANNOT just say agent, because it will more than likely give you whoever is avai... See more...
Alrighty - A little more back on topic, here is how to get to the department that you need pretty much everytime.  You CANNOT just say agent, because it will more than likely give you whoever is available. For billing/order status/new order/general questions related to products but NOT related to using your service issues - Call 1-888-553-1555 USUALLY if you have a verizon home phone number you should enter it in from jump - when you get to the main menu press 1 for billing - then as long as the first menu has "none of these" as number 5 press number 5 - when you get to the next menu - as long as number 5 is none of these, press # 5 - you will then get a prompt that says, "if you are calling to pay your bill press one, if not, press 2" If you have a question ONLY - press 2. If you DON'T have a verizon home number do almost the same except when it asks for your phone number say - "I don't have one" Then when it gets to the 2nd prompt that asks for the number you signed up with, press that in then follow the rest of the steps after the main menu. If you are calling FIOS tech support, the steps above are pretty much the same except when you get to the main menu, press 2 for tech support. If you are calling DSL -  call 1-800-567-6789 DO NOT ENTER YOUR PHONE NUMBER - Say "I don't have one"  2x for the first question, "no"  to are you calling to establish new service,  and "I don't have it" for the 2nd.  When you get to the main menu do NOT press ANYTHING - SAY  Repair - press the option for internet -It will ask you if this is for Fios - press 2 for no.  It will then get u into the DSL queue.   For problems with your copper phone service - call 1-800-483-1000 DO NOT ENTER YOUR PHONE NUMBER - Say "I don't have one"  2x for the first question, "no"  to are you calling to establish new service,  and "I don't have it" for the 2nd.  When you get to the main menu do NOT press ANYTHING - SAY  Repair - press the option for telephone - It will then say something like "I'd be glad to get you a rep, but it will make it easier if they had a phone number."  You can THEN put your number in-  It will then get u into the Copper repair queue. Hope this helps!!!  Let me know...
Are you trying to log in with a primary or sub-acct?  I know when sub-accts are created therer is a question if the username wants to have newsgroup access...
Only one DVR can be set up as the hub.  If it is picking up from the wrong box, you will have to contact tech support to have them switch this
If you can't remember the password, run the diagnostic utility and click reset...
It wasn't installed prior, your ont was activated prior to your tech's arrival.  The only reason your service was on was because you already had cabling.
That's the number.  Enter your phone number unless you don't have verizon as your phone service, u will say "I don't have one"  then at the 2nd prompt, enter the number you gave to sign up for service... See more...
That's the number.  Enter your phone number unless you don't have verizon as your phone service, u will say "I don't have one"  then at the 2nd prompt, enter the number you gave to sign up for service.  Once you are in the main menu, press "2"
You're only bridging to increase the wireless signal... you are essentially still connecting to the internet via your actiontec router.  You can still connect wired via the actiontec (make sure u turn... See more...
You're only bridging to increase the wireless signal... you are essentially still connecting to the internet via your actiontec router.  You can still connect wired via the actiontec (make sure u turn the wireless off) I think u are asking for the router address which is 192.168.1.1 Message Edited by iheartfios123 on 04-21-2009 12:42 AM
I'll definitely post when I get back home.  I'm also curious to see what wireless card everyone has.  One of my friends has a Dell with Intelpro maybe? and it couldn't see my network no matter what we... See more...
I'll definitely post when I get back home.  I'm also curious to see what wireless card everyone has.  One of my friends has a Dell with Intelpro maybe? and it couldn't see my network no matter what we did... but I was fine.  And hers worked at Starbucks, etc..
It's weird.  I'm out of town right now and she has a company called "Insight".  I'm using her wireless connection.  I'll put my broadband (Verizon) card in later and see what happens.
I use outlook and I have my gmail set up to receive, but to send from the verizon stmp.  Did you try it that way?
I'm in a non-fios location right now and don't have a globe... I'm on Vista, but it's a peculiar little issue.  🙂
ok - just to verify.. In acct information - Acct type is pop - email address is there - incoming mail server is incoming.verizon.net -username is yourusername@verizon.net -password is there (yo... See more...
ok - just to verify.. In acct information - Acct type is pop - email address is there - incoming mail server is incoming.verizon.net -username is yourusername@verizon.net -password is there (you might want to go to webmail.verizon.net to make sure the password is right) -outgoing mail server smtp is outgoing.verizon.net -use only this acct is checked - drop it down - go to edit server list - click advanced - server port is 25 - authentication is password -username is yourusername@verizon.net -password is there USE SECURE SOCKETS LAYER SHOULD NOT BE CHECKED  in acct info screen for inbox -click advanced  -enable this acct and include when checking for new mail are checked -port is 110 -authentication is password  - again, use SSL is not checked If that doesn't work when u send/recv, make sure u can actually send/rcv on Verizon's website
Oh yeah it doesn't work with SSL at all.. and the incoming port # should be 110 and outgoing should be 25.  I think u have to click advanced
u have password authentication for the outgoing server and your user name as ______@verizon.net?
http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/Support/ContactUs/
First, the vista/fios thing isn't a wireless issue, it's because vista has a program in it that automatically sets something in the computer that can be tweaked in xp.  If you are having a problem ke... See more...
First, the vista/fios thing isn't a wireless issue, it's because vista has a program in it that automatically sets something in the computer that can be tweaked in xp.  If you are having a problem keeping a connection, is your router near cordless phones/other wireless devices?  How far away is the router from the laptop?  longer distances work better if the wireless channel is set in the higher numbers, closer distances work better in the lower numbers.  As far as the mac is concerned, when you go into your airport and click the network you want, click advanced.  This should allow you to re-enter the wep key and it will ask if you want to save it to your keychain.  say yes.  Hope this helps.   Message Edited by iheartfios123 on 03-24-2009 05:09 PM
I think that Verizon has to contact them, my rep had to stay on the line with us.
hmm.  So your computer is hard wired?  is your internet connection coaxial or ethernet?