Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,672 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

him_from's Posts

Text sent as plain, Text has ALWAYS been plain, always below 140 characters, incl title. No bold, no signature, etc Text gets sent and received perfectly when vtext decide to forward it. It is... See more...
Text sent as plain, Text has ALWAYS been plain, always below 140 characters, incl title. No bold, no signature, etc Text gets sent and received perfectly when vtext decide to forward it. It is "pot luck" if texts are received / sent via vtext.com. Sometimes they get through, sometimes they do not. The problem is with vtext.com, not email or phones. I cannot send even a text message from my phone here in U.K. to 831-xxx-xxxx ( yes i do know the dialing code from here is 001-831-xxx-xxxx and from U.S.A. it's 011-44- 79xxxxxxxx ( dropping the first zero of the U.K. cell phone number [ 079 ] ) Verizon state you can receive calls from U.K. and also text messages from U.K. cell phones, but they tell lies about text messages Yes, I KNOW the limit is 3 miles, handset to cell station, and you work now on 1900 mhz and we use 800 and 1800 which is why networks have agreements to receive messages, and send them via cable under the atlantic for 6000 miles, then send text at the different 1900 mhz to the cell phone from verizon cell stations. Verizon DO have these agreements in place with my network providers. Yes, I have B.T. ( British telecom ) email address. I also have the British Virgin.net email, and now that they have expanded into U.S.A. should work favourably. But as I said, sometimes they get through, sometimes they do not. I am now calling via a calling card, as text messages cannot be relied on. ( Home phone to Cell ) I used to hire out U.K. phones to U.S.A. visitors to Britain, and U.S.A. phones to British visiting U.S.A. and never had any problems, but that was 4 years ago. thank you for your comments, but until Verizon representatives reply to this post, there is no remedy. xx
Nope - can send and receive at yahoo, BUT 5% only get through that i send. Yahoo send to xxxxxx@vtext.com which is always received. Vtext.com fail to deliver to cell phone. verizonwireless hav... See more...
Nope - can send and receive at yahoo, BUT 5% only get through that i send. Yahoo send to xxxxxx@vtext.com which is always received. Vtext.com fail to deliver to cell phone. verizonwireless have partnerships with the Uk networks to forward texts via Atlantic cable but most are never received. Vtext.com will not admit there is a problem, as no way will they publicly state so on here. An answer from verizonwireless to my email address would be nice, and I'll give them the 831-xxx-xxxx number.
SMS vtext.com  When is verizon going to fix text messages being lost. this has been a problem since year 2007. It's now 2012 and vtext.com only sends 5% of any text messages I send. I use y... See more...
SMS vtext.com  When is verizon going to fix text messages being lost. this has been a problem since year 2007. It's now 2012 and vtext.com only sends 5% of any text messages I send. I use yahoo to send text message, my mobile phone also. I am 6000 miles away so NEED to send text messages. When will it be FIXED ? I can't make a phone calls often, as we are 8 hours adrift. Yes,  use -- 1234567890@vtext.com ( 10 digit cell number @vtext.com ) I keep it to less than 140 characters incl subject line. I get return text messages sent as a text message to my yahoo account no problem, but no matter how i send a text message via vtext.com, the chances are it will never get to it's destination. Even though the phone i am calling is Page plus - it still uses Verizon, and vtext.com does not work to send messages via cell phone in U.K. or yahoo to a phonenumber @vtext.com direct to cell phone in California. Since 2007, when are you going to supply text messaging that works. You have had 5 years to sort out the problem, but google "problems with vtext.com " and they are all there. An answer to my private email address from a vtext.com representative would be appreciated. Thank you all. Him_from ---   over the pond