If you have a Galaxy Note, I recommend you install the Good Lock app from the Galaxy store (NOT the Play store).  It offers a lot of extra customization to your Samsung phone, including - You can ge... See more...
If you have a Galaxy Note, I recommend you install the Good Lock app from the Galaxy store (NOT the Play store).  It offers a lot of extra customization to your Samsung phone, including - You can get rid of the (IMO) horrible new Android Pie task switcher and restore it to what it was before - You can put the clock back on right side of the status bar where it belongs IMO :), instead of Android Pie's new positioning it on the left side. - You can see a list of all the apps that have vibrated your phone, so when you feel your phone vibrate, but can't figure out what app caused it, this will let you know There are lots of other nice little things, but those are the 3 I've found most useful.  It's an official Samsung app, and I haven't found any issues with it.
OK, thank you.  I chatted with a Verizon rep a few minutes ago and got no answers.  The canned responses they give are worthless.  Your answer makes sense.  Thanks again.  
I'm on the "unlimited" plan which provides 22GB of high speed data, and then after that allows Verizon to throttle my speed down to unusable levels when I'm in a congested area. I'm half-way throug... See more...
I'm on the "unlimited" plan which provides 22GB of high speed data, and then after that allows Verizon to throttle my speed down to unusable levels when I'm in a congested area. I'm half-way through my cycle this month, and I've reached the 22GB limit, because I forgot to turn my wifi back on at home; totally my fault.  Since I've reached the throttling threshold, is there any reason for my to watch my data usage at this point?  In other words, is Verizon more likely to throttle me if I hit 40 GB than if I just barely exceed 22GB?
I got my Note 9 last week, and I've noticed that the time in the status bar doesn't update correctly.  It is currently 4:04, but my status bar shows 3:52.  If I let the screen timeout and turn of... See more...
I got my Note 9 last week, and I've noticed that the time in the status bar doesn't update correctly.  It is currently 4:04, but my status bar shows 3:52.  If I let the screen timeout and turn off, the lockscreen clock shows the correct time, but when I unlock the phone, it still displays wrong in the status bar.  At some point, the status bar will finally display the right time.  The longest differential I've seen is about 15 minutes.  This persists across unlocks and power cycles.  I've tried changing the update method from auomatic to manual and that didn't change anything. So far, this is the only issue with the phone.  Any ideas of what else I can try?  The folks at the Verizon store didn't know of anything.
I restarted in safe mode, and the problem goes away.  So I assume now, I need to start uninstalling apps one by one to see if I can find the offending one?
Thank you for the response, but neither power cycling nor resetting network settings fixed the issue.  Losing wifi causes the bluetooth connection to headphones/speaker to drop out.  Whatever... See more...
Thank you for the response, but neither power cycling nor resetting network settings fixed the issue.  Losing wifi causes the bluetooth connection to headphones/speaker to drop out.  Whatever song I'm listening to suddenly begins blaring from the phone speaker. Bluetooth still works - my Gear watch stays connected. If I look at the settings for the headphones I'm using, it still shows that the device is connected and in use for Call Audio and Media Audio.  I can toggle Media Audio off and then back on to get the headphones to play again.  This behavior didn't start happening until a few weeks ago.  I used to be able to freely move in and out of wifi areas without there being any affect on my bluetooth connections.
I've been having issues with Bluetooth during the past  couple of weeks.  I'll be streaming music to my bluetooth earphones, and it will suddenly drop out and start playing through the phone's sp... See more...
I've been having issues with Bluetooth during the past  couple of weeks.  I'll be streaming music to my bluetooth earphones, and it will suddenly drop out and start playing through the phone's speaker.  When I look at the bluetooth connection on the phone, it shows that the earphones are now connected only as call audio, not call audio and media audio.  I have to toggle it off and then back on to get it to reconnect to the earphones.  This happens with two sets of earphones, at home and at work, and it also happens with my bluetooth shower speaker.  All three of these have worked fine with my phone for months. One thing that I've found to cause the issue is when I walk out of wifi range and the phone switches back to 4G.  However, again, this didn't happen until a couple of weeks ago. I did apply an update 3 or 4 weeks ago, but don't know if the failure started happening because of it. Is anybody else seeing this behavior?
I understand that Verizon can throttle my line when I exceed 22GB.  I signed up for that, and I'm not complaining. However, is there any way to know when it's happening?  They say speed ma... See more...
I understand that Verizon can throttle my line when I exceed 22GB.  I signed up for that, and I'm not complaining. However, is there any way to know when it's happening?  They say speed may be reduced; I'm seeing speeds reduced to unusable levels - less than 100kb/s.  Is there a lower limit on how low they may go?
Thank you Ann!
I'm thinking about taking advantage of the BOGO for the Note 9 tomorrow.  However, you have to add a new line.  We currently have 5 lines and could add a line for smartwatch to get the deal. -... See more...
I'm thinking about taking advantage of the BOGO for the Note 9 tomorrow.  However, you have to add a new line.  We currently have 5 lines and could add a line for smartwatch to get the deal. - Does one of the phones have to be on the added line? Or can I add a line for an existing smartwatch (not currently on the plan) and put both phones on existing lines? - How long does the new line have to remain in service? 
The phone has no damage.  It is essentially brand new.  Then only "issue" shown in the health check is that I have location services turned on. I've had these enabled on my previous phones.  ... See more...
The phone has no damage.  It is essentially brand new.  Then only "issue" shown in the health check is that I have location services turned on. I've had these enabled on my previous phones.  My wife's Note 8 with Nougat has them enabled.  Battery life on those phones is acceptable. I'm curious about your advise to close out unused apps, as this runs directly counter to established operating wisdom for Android: " Swiping away apps from recent tasks kills the process of those apps, thus prevent them from being cached in memory. When you launch them later, it takes longer time and much more CPU cycles to create the process and re-initialize the app runtime." Is this actually Verizon's advise? I have disabled most apps from using background data.  Other than this, I'm running my phone in the same configuration I have for previous versions of Android.
I did a factory reset yesterday and wiped the cache partition.  Battery life is stil worthless. I'm down to 57% after 2 hours.  I'm going to exchange this phone as defective and not do the Or... See more...
I did a factory reset yesterday and wiped the cache partition.  Battery life is stil worthless. I'm down to 57% after 2 hours.  I'm going to exchange this phone as defective and not do the Oreo update on the replacement.
Thanks, but I'm not getting that many; I have most of them turned off, just as I had with my previous phone.  My wife gets many notifications, and again, she has decent battery life.
My wife and I both bought Note 8's less than 2 weeks ago.  I immediately updated to Oreo; she hasn't yet.  My battery life is horrible.  I've been off the charger for 2 hours, and I'm down to 64%... See more...
My wife and I both bought Note 8's less than 2 weeks ago.  I immediately updated to Oreo; she hasn't yet.  My battery life is horrible.  I've been off the charger for 2 hours, and I'm down to 64%.  Hers isn't great, but her phone can last all day.  I've disabled background data for a lot of apps, but that doesn't seem to help.  It appears that there are a lot of other people having issues with Oreo/Note8 battery life.  Do I have any options, other than returning the phone for a warranty replacement and not upgrading the new phone to Oreo?
I'm up against my 32GB internal memory limit with my Moto Z Force, and thought I could move some of my apps to my SD card.  (Photos and videos are already there.)  It looks like a pretty straight... See more...
I'm up against my 32GB internal memory limit with my Moto Z Force, and thought I could move some of my apps to my SD card.  (Photos and videos are already there.)  It looks like a pretty straightforward process, but the option to move an app does not appear under the app's Storage page where it should be.  Is anybody able to move their apps with the Moto Z Force?
Is there seriously no list available?
There isn't anything really specific; I think it's reasonable that Verizon/Motorola supply a complete change list.  It exists somewhere.  I just like knowing what's going on with my phone.  Havin... See more...
There isn't anything really specific; I think it's reasonable that Verizon/Motorola supply a complete change list.  It exists somewhere.  I just like knowing what's going on with my phone.  Having an update pushed which is somewhat misleadingly specified as "Security enhancement" is irritating, when it's obvious that more was changed.
Do you have a battery pack mod on your phone? Could the battery saver app be seeing that instead of the built-in battery?
Is there somewhere that I can see a complete list of changes included in the most recent update?  It said it was for 'security' fixes, but there are obviously other things that have changed - Som... See more...
Is there somewhere that I can see a complete list of changes included in the most recent update?  It said it was for 'security' fixes, but there are obviously other things that have changed - Some of my icons have new looks, the app list screen has changed, etc.  I'd like to know what all changed.
The Verizon-blessed Lollipop update to the Note 3 was a disaster, slowing down the phone and ruining its long battery life  (This has been corroborated by multiple Verizon employees when we've c... See more...
The Verizon-blessed Lollipop update to the Note 3 was a disaster, slowing down the phone and ruining its long battery life  (This has been corroborated by multiple Verizon employees when we've called and gone in-store to complaign).  I gave up and sold mine and bought a Droid Turbo from CL a couple of months ago, it was so bad.  My wife has held on to her Note 3, but is now frustrated enough that she's ready to chunk it and get a new phone.  She's thinking about a Note 4.  We don't want to spend the money to get a Note 5. My question to the owners of the Note 4, does it work well with the latest Verizon update, or did they mess that one up to?