Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,834 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

garetjaxthemise's Posts

I'm sorry, but that option is not available on any cell phone they sell. Message Edited by garetjaxthemise on 04-12-2009 05:37 PM
Unfortunately, that is not an option with text messages. Once they are gone, they are gone.
There is no way to get those text back once they are deleted. If it is a legal matter, you would have to get a lawyer and a subpoena to get the contents of those text messages back.
GodWIREless wrote: Now It May Actually Be Possible If Your Phone Is "Duel NAM Capable" This Is Something That You Will Need To Do Research On But There Is A Possibilty. Find Out If Your Phone... See more...
GodWIREless wrote: Now It May Actually Be Possible If Your Phone Is "Duel NAM Capable" This Is Something That You Will Need To Do Research On But There Is A Possibilty. Find Out If Your Phone Does Have The Ability To Do It, And Execute The Idea With The Info Gatherd... I Will Seach This For You Too And Provide A Link In Here With This Information.   Actually this in incorrect. There is no way to have 2 phones operating on the same number. You can however have two different numbers on the same phone if it is Dual NAM capable.
Anytime.
Beautiful thing with call forwarding its technically your phone never answers the call. So no minutes off your plan
As the previous poster said, it is not available. But your Blackberry Desktop Manager will backup your contacts onto your computer thru the synch system.
I would contact customer service and have them make sure you have to correct text package added and backdated. This way you get your full alottment of text messages w/ your package.
I would still think its a problem on VZW's side. Check with a different rep w/ VZW Tech Support. Sometimes you'll get a rep that is plain dumb.
Sending a text through verizonwireless.com doesn't charge you.
@SoCalDon wrote: My exaggeration is intended to demonstrate the intense overestimation that Customer service can fix any problem any time without getting familiar with your issue. O.k., well, I ... See more...
@SoCalDon wrote: My exaggeration is intended to demonstrate the intense overestimation that Customer service can fix any problem any time without getting familiar with your issue. O.k., well, I don't know how you got that from anything I wrote.  My short determination for how to "wow" the customer (something which, apparently, customer service reps are instructed to do) simply implied that the way to "wow" is with solutions, as quickly and painlessly as possible.  Everyone I know of -- everyone -- finds Verizon's customer service to be a form of dimensioning torture.  And I repeat, I have performed customer service, for my own customers, for products I created.  I fully understand the need to attain essential info. From the customer.  But if I had asked the customer to explain the problem three to four times.  And tied him up for hours.  And made him go through a phone tree, answering questions each time he called.  And had him perform a lot of steps which presumes he's an idiot, no matter how much he displays that he knows what he's doing.  And..., then my customers would be some mighty unhappy campers, and rightly so. As for the IVR reducing hold times, nonsense.  It does no such thing.  What it does, is reduce the number of people that Verizon needs to pay, by forcing customers to interact with a lengthy and tedious computer program, rather than human beings.  More customer service reps = reduced hold times.  I'll add, that I don't mind SHORT IVR, as in, about 3 options when you first call, and then that's it.  What Verizon's IVR "says" to customers, is "we really really really do NOT want to talk to you.  REALLY!  PLEASE, try to use this computer system to find what you need to know, and then leave.  But, sigh, if you really want to talk to a live person, then answer a few more questions, and then, sigh, we'll connect you, you troublesome customer, you.  Sigh.  But thank you for your call, which is VERY valuable to us!  Have a great day!!!"  As for "most problems originate with the customer" I don't doubt that.  But that's all the more reason to have a sophisticated system of inner checks and analyses, to be able to quickly determine if the problem is on Verizon's end.  If it can be determined that it is a Verizon problem, then it's a waste of time and effort (and a bit insulting, sometimes) to force the customer to verify that he hasn't fouled things up somehow, before proceeding to check on Verizon's end of it.  What's more, after tracking down problems millions of times, eventually patterns are seen, even in customer-caused problems, and so even they can be quickly deduced and solved.  Every home and business could/should even have some little gadgets installed, which can provide an analysis of the situation on the customer's end of it.  Maybe even relay that info. back to Verizon, without the customer even saying anything (it's already tied in with a phone line, and so there already is a pathway to transmit the info.). Ryan, it should be clear, that a lot of people are having difficulty with Verizon's customer service.  Even though you empathetic with "being treated poorly" sometimes, I don't see it as being a byproduct of the customer being unprepared, or irritable (I never am, because I realize the reps. Aren't personally responsible), or an occasional bad apple customer service rep. (on the contrary, the customer service reps always seem very pleasant, upbeat, and trying their best).  It's the system, as designed by Verizon. The Verizon IVR system is flawed, I will agree to that. It is designed to reduce the number of 'live' calls VZ has to take on a daily basis. But that is not saying they don't wan to talk to you.  Its there for simple troubleshooting to eliminate a lot of the human error and easy stuff to fix. VZ and VZW are making a very big push for customers to take advantage of their Self-Serve options. It allows VZ to invest in expanding their network and bring new customers in and upgrade their existing services w/ the money they save. It costs VZ/VZW on average $8.00 per live call, if they can reduce the number of live calls they take, the more money they can save.  I personally hate calling VZ services due to the IVR and the fact their customer support is not open that often. Most of the time I just say operator or technical support until I talk to a live rep. I'm pretty technically savvy so I really don't need the prompts and annoying computer 'trying' to resolve my issue. On the other hand, I find VZW's IVRs easy to navigate and pretty straight forward. I hope that VZ can adopt some of VZW's IVR systems to make them more user friendly. But, I will not sit here and bash on VZ. They do their best to assist customers on a daily basis. The point Ryan is trying to make by reduced hold times is that the system can solve some of the common problems w/o ever having to talk to a live rep. I think that we live in a society that wants everything right now and doesn't want to wait at all. Exuding a little patience would go a long way. Message Edited by garetjaxthemise on 04-11-2009 10:39 PM
I think your device driver may be corrupted. Might have to download the appropriate driver from www.lg.com
Call customer service @ 1-800-922-0204
I think your phone hates you   In all seriousness, is there a possibility your pix messaging is blocked? Otherwise I would try to contact VZW Technical Support.
You can go into where your pictures are saved, and go to each one, and I think goto Options -> To Online Album when highlighted over the picture you want to upload.   Hope this helps.
Could be spam messages, you can log into www.vtext.com and edit your spam controls.
Normally, this is an issue when you initally port a number in from another carrier.   It could be an issue with your area. There was an issue a couple days ago where there were SMS issues acros... See more...
Normally, this is an issue when you initally port a number in from another carrier.   It could be an issue with your area. There was an issue a couple days ago where there were SMS issues across the country. Its possible its in your local area. If you have further questions or concerns, contact VZW Technical Support @ 1-866-221-4096
For markets that will become part of Verizon Wireless, there will be a transition period of several months before the name of the business is changed to Verizon Wireless and customers are moved, i... See more...
For markets that will become part of Verizon Wireless, there will be a transition period of several months before the name of the business is changed to Verizon Wireless and customers are moved, in phases, to the Verizon Wireless network and billing system.  During the transition period, you will continue with your current Alltel calling plan and receive a bill that says “Alltel.”  When the transition is complete in your area, you will become a Verizon Wireless customer and receive a bill that says “Verizon Wireless.”  Additional calling plan options may be offered to you at the end of your contract period.
It could really be the memory. 6k of memory is not a whole lot, I would suggest clearing out some of the internal memory and trying again.   I would also try to do a *228 opt 2 of your phone an... See more...
It could really be the memory. 6k of memory is not a whole lot, I would suggest clearing out some of the internal memory and trying again.   I would also try to do a *228 opt 2 of your phone and then reset your device. If that does not work, then I would take it into a store or contact VZW Technical Support
The Curve does not have an unlocked GPS system. You would be unable to use BB Maps//Google Maps etc. Your only option would be to get VZ Navigator.   This issue has been addressed in the releas... See more...
The Curve does not have an unlocked GPS system. You would be unable to use BB Maps//Google Maps etc. Your only option would be to get VZ Navigator.   This issue has been addressed in the release of the BB Storm.