Can I download a print driver from the App Store that will let me print to a new HP Envy wireless printer?
The only thing I can think of is that somehow Lynn got an app which was attempting to "synch" her contacts at a time when one of us somehow "broke the connection" between the phone and the synchi... Ver más...
The only thing I can think of is that somehow Lynn got an app which was attempting to "synch" her contacts at a time when one of us somehow "broke the connection" between the phone and the synching process.  We maintain the software on our phones via the USB port to our computers which are wired at 1000 mbps to our router which connects to the internet and also provides very good 2.4 and 5 ghz wireless service, but I do not think the problem occurred when her phone was connected to a computer, but rather it originated "at random" and may have gone undetected until the "looping" update filled the entire phone trying to find the end of a corrupted file segment within the built in phone contacts storage. Doing a complete reset to factory settings did restore the phone to a useable state, but because we could not back it up, restoration of contacts is going to be a PITA, not to mention setting back up everything that depends on stored passwords that were lost in the process.
My wife and I just went through a "nightmare."  I would like feedback from other Galaxy IV owners on this issue.  Somehow her phone got "stuck in a loop" which caused the Contacts list to constan... Ver más...
My wife and I just went through a "nightmare."  I would like feedback from other Galaxy IV owners on this issue.  Somehow her phone got "stuck in a loop" which caused the Contacts list to constantly display an "Updating" message and the following symptoms: 1) The phone indicated that there was little or no storage available on the original 16gb phone memory.. 2)  The constant "updating" contacts loop did not get broken by any means we could devise, even removing the battery. People at Verizon suggested backing up the phone and doing a complete "reset to factory settings."  Unfortunately this "infinte loop" problem prevented the backup process from proceeding, so we lost all contacts, apps, etc., etc. Have other people had the problem? Does anyone have an idea what may have caused it? If there is anything others have been "doing wrong"  or things to avoid, please post them and why you think they are an issue?
My phone does not seem to want to give me any feedback about dialing and never lets me know that it connects or has connected to remote numbers, although my wife says she got a missed call indica... Ver más...
My phone does not seem to want to give me any feedback about dialing and never lets me know that it connects or has connected to remote numbers, although my wife says she got a missed call indication.  When I try to dial, the phone waits a few seconds then I hear a "Doink" and I sit indefinitely.  I have heard nothing tried everything involving audio settings to no avail.   I also have not been able to get "voice recognition" within Google Chrome to work.  It is as though the internal microphone the phone uses to "hear" things is turned off.  ¿Alguna sugerencia?   Is this a common failure of Galaxy S4's which are close to a year old? All the screen based things seem to work correctly, and I'm sure the phone is not "Muted" if the indicators are correct.  I recently had a router "crap out" and replaced it yesterday with the latest and greatest Linksys WRT1900AC with all kinds of wireless support features.   It it possible that my home network is somehow interfering?  I tried disabling it and still have the problem with calling.  We normally have good Verizon 4G coverage here, and my wife's phone works for her (same make different color)  Is it possible that the firmware/software in my phone is "messed up" or corrupted?   I did not drop the phone or anything like that, but my computer recently installed a "recommended" Samsung Media Support driver, and shortly after that install, which had "failed" several times, but succeeded when I did it with the phone attached to the computer, I started having problems with the DNS support provided by my old reliable Linksys E3000 router.  I finally broke down and replaced it and everything on my network was quickly improved.  Could the new router be interfering in same way?
I just perused the whole thread on Veriszon Upgrade Assistant after experiencing exactly the same problem identified in the original post.  I'm running Windows 7 X64 Home Premium on a two year ol... Ver más...
I just perused the whole thread on Veriszon Upgrade Assistant after experiencing exactly the same problem identified in the original post.  I'm running Windows 7 X64 Home Premium on a two year old Acer All In One desktop.  I ran into trouble using Samsung's KIES software to perform the multiple updates released since September for my new Samsung Galaxy IV because Samsung decided to have multiple versions of KIES running to service different releases of their Android operating system.  The first upgrade made KIES 2.6 tell me it could not service my phone, and led me to KIES 3 so I had two versions of the software because Samsung didn't design the process of software updating appropriately, that is, a new version of their software should supplant/replace/remove the old software when it installs.  My wife "held off" on updating her phone, so finally, I convinced her it needed to be done when yet another version came out.  By this time, I'd installed the Upgrade Assistant from Verizon and it was notifying me of a pending download.  I used KIES 3.0 to upgrade my phone and then tried to figure out what was going on with the Upgrade Assistant which started downloading a large package every time I rebooted my computer even though I'd already used it to install the latest on my phone.  From my perspective as a software developer who started working in the field in 1962-3 and retired about eight years ago, Samsung has its head up its' collective ass, and so does Verizon for depending on those folks! My personal solution to the "problem" was to use Windows to completely remove both KIES and the Upgrade Assistant from my main computer, and to leave an install of KIES on an old Windows XP based portable where I could occasionally use the software to check our phones without running into the fact that Samsung engineers do not fully understand Windows file permissions and have decided that one instance of their software is therefore required for each "User" on a multi-user Windows 7 configuration, etc., etc. When/If I notice that our phones need to be upgraded again, I may download the probably "newer" version of support software just to do the upgrades and then remove it again.  Frankly  Both Verizon and Samsung would do their customers a big favor if they invested a little more in software QA and Testing, and brought in a team to review and improve their software development and life cycle planning.