Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,527 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

zimpleguy's Posts

If you have the data block called "National Access" then picture messages are blocked and you will NOT be able to retrieve them. I have a few pointers that will help you avoid the mb charges w... See more...
If you have the data block called "National Access" then picture messages are blocked and you will NOT be able to retrieve them. I have a few pointers that will help you avoid the mb charges while still be able to recieve picture and video messages. Step 1. Remove any apps that connect to web. Starting with VZW Tones Deluxe and Vcast song ID. To do that just simply go to Media Center, then Music and Tones, then Get New Ringtones. They'll be there if you have them at all. Also look under Media Center and search under Picture & Video/Get NEW Pictures, under Games, and under Browse and Downloads. Apps you can keep are VZ Navigator and Backup Assistant (This apps although they do connect to the web they will not be considered as using megabytes whenever they connect). Step 2. Go to Main Menu by pressing OK. Go To Settings and Tools, then Phone Settings, then Set Shortcuts, Then Set Internal Directional Keys. You'll see Up Directional Key, Left Directional Key, Down Directional Key. Change the up and left keys to something else like Calculator or Alarm Clock. Make sure they dont say Browser or My Verizon. By doing this you will avoid accidetally starting the Browser on the phone by pressing the wrong key. Step 3. Call Customer Service and tell them to add blocks for the following: App download Block, Vcast Music Block, Web Block. Once this is done tell them to remove the National Acccess Block. you are all set. If this instructions are followed you will not see any mb charges on your bill. It works!    
If you are talking about getting copies of the verbiage (what was said back and forth), there really is no way that can be retrieved. If you want to get times and to who the message was sent to a... See more...
If you are talking about getting copies of the verbiage (what was said back and forth), there really is no way that can be retrieved. If you want to get times and to who the message was sent to and from then you can request that from customer service.   NOTE:   There is a very small window (about a week) where if you have a subpoena your lawyer can request to speak with verizon's Law Enforcement team where they "might" be able to retrieve those messages. The messages will be deleted automatically as soon as they are sent and recieved. Ghost files are the ones that can be retrieved within those 1st 7 days. After that they are permanently gone.
  Holidays are not special days for Verizon Wireless. if the holiday falls during a weekday the calls are NOT free. Customer Service is also open on holidays. Only M2M or F&F calls are free.
Are you connecting the phone to the computer and then setting the phone on USB mode? This will make your phone's memory show under "My Computer" as an aditional letter just like you would see you... See more...
Are you connecting the phone to the computer and then setting the phone on USB mode? This will make your phone's memory show under "My Computer" as an aditional letter just like you would see your computers C: drive.   If you don't know what I'm talking about the follow this instructions:   1. In your computer open "My Computer" by going to the start menu and clicking "My Computer"... 2. Connect your phone to the computer via USB Cable. 3. Go to main menu on phone by pressing OK 4. Go to Settings & Tools 5. Click on Tools 6. Click on USB Mass Storage. Message Edited by zimpleguy on 07-16-2009 05:02 AM
Whenever you port a number, for the 1st 48 hours it's possible for some calls and messages to still get routed to your old service provider thus missing the call or the text. This is normal and fi... See more...
Whenever you port a number, for the 1st 48 hours it's possible for some calls and messages to still get routed to your old service provider thus missing the call or the text. This is normal and fixes itself. You should be fine soon.
All you have to do is connect the Voyager to your PC with the USB cable. The PC will detect and use necessary drivers. If it says it can't find them go to: http://www.vzam.net/vcastmusic/Step2.as... See more...
All you have to do is connect the Voyager to your PC with the USB cable. The PC will detect and use necessary drivers. If it says it can't find them go to: http://www.vzam.net/vcastmusic/Step2.aspx?manufacturerID=1    to download the driver.   Once phone is being recongnized by computer go to "My computer" that can be found by going to Start and then My Computer. Once that's open go to your voyager and got to:   1. Main Menu 2. Settings and Tools 3. Tools 4. USB Mass Storage   At that moment there will be one new letter the will show up on the "My Computer" screen. Click on it and go into "my pix".  From there you can copy and paste your pictures from the voyager into my pictures or whatever other place on your computer.   Message Edited by zimpleguy on 07-10-2009 04:41 PM
Keep in mind this is NOT supported by Verizon Wireless. There is a program you can download call Bitpm (www.bitpim.org), or go to google and search for Bitpim. This program will allow you to not... See more...
Keep in mind this is NOT supported by Verizon Wireless. There is a program you can download call Bitpm (www.bitpim.org), or go to google and search for Bitpim. This program will allow you to not only transfer text messages but pictures calandar events etc.
If you are talking about Premium Text Messaging subscriptions then Verizon Wireless Customer Service can "Somewhat" tell you who you are subscribe with, They can look at your bill and find out wh... See more...
If you are talking about Premium Text Messaging subscriptions then Verizon Wireless Customer Service can "Somewhat" tell you who you are subscribe with, They can look at your bill and find out who has billed you the 9.99 they usually charge. You can pull up your own bill and see on my verizon. (PSMS is a third party company billing you through your Verizon Wireless bill).   1. Go to Bill tab and select the latest bill, then click on "View and Print Bill". This will pull up a pdf file with your bill containing all calls and all charges. Find your number and go all the way to the very last call you made. Under that there will be a list of Premium text message charges (if you had any)    2. To unsubscribe from PSMS all you have to do is create a new text message to the number that billed you (it'll be 5 or 6 digits) then on the body of the message put the word STOP. Nothing else. Not even a period (.) and hit send. You should get a message back saying you have been unsunscribed. If this doens't happen you can also try the words quit, cancel, unsubscribe. One at a time. If still no answer you might want to call VZW Cust Serv. They usually have an 800 number for the company that's billing you. Message Edited by zimpleguy on 07-09-2009 01:23 PM Message Edited by zimpleguy on 07-09-2009 01:24 PM Message Edited by zimpleguy on 07-09-2009 01:25 PM
On most phones the path is really simple. If the following instructions dont work for you, then you have an older software on the phone or you might have a PDA. Let me know the model if so.   ... See more...
On most phones the path is really simple. If the following instructions dont work for you, then you have an older software on the phone or you might have a PDA. Let me know the model if so.   All you have to do is:   1. Go to the Main Menu 2. Settings and tools 3. Memory 4. Phone Memory 5. My Pictures (sometimes named My Pix)            A list will show with all your pictures.  6. Select options on the bottom right hand corner with the right soft key 7. Select move            At that moment you can select all pictures or just specific ones 8. Select the ones you want and select done            All selected pictures will then be moved to the memory card.   To get them from your card to the computer you must have a card reader. Most new computers now come with SD Card readers. Just insert the card into the reader if your computer has one. Be aware the card should have came with a Micro SD Adapter that you'll need to use to be able to instert the card into the computer.After card into computer then go to"My computer" and there should be a new letter displayed.Most computers have C: as the main hard drive and 😧 as the CD/DVD Rom. Everything else is extra.    If unsure which is which, then before you insert the memory card open "My Computer" from your desktop and then insert the card. You'll see something change in one of the letters. Click on it...       If your computer doesn't have a card reader then you'll need a USB cable. Let me know if you need further instructions. (keep in mind not all phones can be connected through USB cable). Message Edited by zimpleguy on 07-09-2009 01:07 PM
If when you try to connect the phone to the computer the phone won't connect, the most likely you have to download the Media Transfer Protocol update from micorsoft. Here is alink to it http://w... See more...
If when you try to connect the phone to the computer the phone won't connect, the most likely you have to download the Media Transfer Protocol update from micorsoft. Here is alink to it http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A2E73160-E862-4F19-BB26-C0CAFE798955&displaylang=en   or jsut got to microsoft.com and type mtp on the search box. Once installed the phone should connect successfully.   I had a similar problem with my voyager and this solved the issue.
It's not that it can't be recorded but that it's phisicly imposible to be able to keep the vast amounts of text messages sent every day for a long period of time....