Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,205 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Texmant's Posts

I have an ICON and I put 8.1 on it.  But I don't have live folders for some reason.  Any thoughts? Also have some pinned web links that disappear on me from time to time.  Any help?
I have an icon and I never looked at the firmware version... All I know is that when I bought it off of ebay, it had 8.1, cortana, transparent, tiles, and live folders.  Since then, I had to ship... See more...
I have an icon and I never looked at the firmware version... All I know is that when I bought it off of ebay, it had 8.1, cortana, transparent, tiles, and live folders.  Since then, I had to ship my phone off to Nokia for a physical motor issue with the vibration function and they replaced my phone with an 8.0 Icon.  Tried to update and I got 8.1 back, but it does not have live folders anymore and the battery life seems less than prime.  Is there any explanation to this?  Are Icon's running Black supposed to be able to have live folders? I also have problems with my pinned web links disappearing. I reason it's because whoever sold me that phone had an awesome update up on and when Nokia saw it, they swiped it up.  IDK.  I should have taken some screen shots.
HMMM... sounds like you need to clear the caches and do a soft reset Is this different than turning the phone off and on like I mentioned that I do already (almost on a daily basis)?
I bought this phone because I wanted something with killer battery life AND because it's loaded with RAM and processing power.  But after I updated to ICS ( due to issues) I noticed that all the ... See more...
I bought this phone because I wanted something with killer battery life AND because it's loaded with RAM and processing power.  But after I updated to ICS ( due to issues) I noticed that all the nice animations that I had on the old OS are now gone.  My phone is slow and choppy!  Turning the phone horizontal and vertical causes the orientation to change after about 2 seconds and it doesn't transition smoothly.  it just "pops" into it's new orientation without trying to look smooth while it's doing it.  This is the story with MANY of the featurs on the phone.  The menus are slow and boring.  I bought an expensive phone so that I would not have to deal with "free smart phone" blues.  But look what I got.  I slow, choppy phone that I paid out the nose for. Any suggestions?  Is there any setting that will allow a friendlier looking OS?  This thing just looks like it is out of the 80's.  Sometimes I have to restart it because it responds to touch slowly.  looking at pictures is a painstaking and embarassing feat.  I had to put fireworks as my backdrop so that it would look exciting.  blah.  I should have gone with the galaxy SIII or something.  AM I MISSING SOMETHING??? TexmanT