Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,651 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Weth's Posts

@dfocke1 wrote: I had Travel Pass, but was charged to calls made back to USA landlines.   Verizon Customer Service told me that calls to landlines are not covered. Not true, landlines are inc... See more...
@dfocke1 wrote: I had Travel Pass, but was charged to calls made back to USA landlines.   Verizon Customer Service told me that calls to landlines are not covered. Not true, landlines are included back to US.  Call and get someone else to figure out what really happened. 
You need country code in call to the country you are in and to the US to US +1 123 456-7890 in France to France  +33 5 12 34 56 78
You must call customer service. You cannot do it online. 
It will remove it from the Message+ app but not from the phones built in native texting app. 
Good luck, the whole way states collect taxes on cell phone purchases is stacked against the consumer and citizen.  It mostly goes back when cell phones were given free in many cases with contracts. ... See more...
Good luck, the whole way states collect taxes on cell phone purchases is stacked against the consumer and citizen.  It mostly goes back when cell phones were given free in many cases with contracts. The states wanted the revenue on the initial purpose, but conveniently ignored the fact you were paying for that phone in the form of higher monthly payments for service that was already taxed and usually taxed at an even higher rate than regular sales tax.  Did you receive the $240 off the purchase price or as a cash equivalent gift card or is it being given as a credit. The way New York has its laws it would appear only if the price is shown $240 off would you have a legal standing.  Example:  Assume the same facts as in the example above except that only $2,500 of the trade-in allowance is applied against the purchase price of the new vehicle, with the other $2,000 being given to the purchaser in cash.  The $2,000 received in cash cannot be applied as a trade-in allowance against any later purchase from you or from another seller. https://www.tax.ny.gov/pubs_and_bulls/tg_bulletins/st/taxable_receipt.htm Remember, Verizon lawyers signed off on this, and you will need lawyers to get it reversed, if you have a valid claim.  Best of luck, fellow citizen. 
https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Does-the-4G-Network-Extender-2-work-with-prepaid/m-p/1002414 https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Basic-Phones/Network-extender-does-not... See more...
https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Does-the-4G-Network-Extender-2-work-with-prepaid/m-p/1002414 https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Basic-Phones/Network-extender-does-not-work-with-prepaid-plans/m-p/544198 https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Prepaid-Plans/Network-extender/m-p/937282 https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Network-Extender/m-p/771808 https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/Network-Extender-Issue/m-p/875997 Search of google does verizon network extender work with prepaid would work You searched the Verizon Post Paid pages only. There is no mention of Network Extender in the pre-paid pages.  I'll agree Verizon doesn't make it front and center, but then again, they don't really mention prepaid in the post paid pages.  Since there was already many warnings in these forums and yours is now added to that, you are back to decide what you are going to do.  Switch back to postpaid, use wifi calling, switch carriers. FYI wifi calling with airplane mode on uses even less battery than using network extender. Only wifi radio is being used and not searching for stronger cellular signal. 
I have had a call come in that was marked as spam and went straight to voice mail. Except it wasn’t spam, so I was glad there was a back up system that I could check in my own time.  Just like spam ... See more...
I have had a call come in that was marked as spam and went straight to voice mail. Except it wasn’t spam, so I was glad there was a back up system that I could check in my own time.  Just like spam email - still goes to your email in a folder. 
With wifi calling, I don’t see the purpose of the network extender. The network extender puts your calls through wifi, wifi calling puts your calls through your same wifi.  Sell it and get some mone... See more...
With wifi calling, I don’t see the purpose of the network extender. The network extender puts your calls through wifi, wifi calling puts your calls through your same wifi.  Sell it and get some money for your investment. No reason to keep pushing that *smile*, move on, technology moves on, and recover some of your sunk cost. 
No penalty, but you will lose any credits if you are receiving them for the device.  
You weren’t complete enough in your subject It is SMS vs MMS vs iMessage SMS will work with just cellular connection no data MMS needs cellular data connection iMessage needs Internet connection ... See more...
You weren’t complete enough in your subject It is SMS vs MMS vs iMessage SMS will work with just cellular connection no data MMS needs cellular data connection iMessage needs Internet connection of some sort - wifi or cellular.  Modern smartphones are not designed not to have a data connection and you are limiting the ability for the phone to work as designed when you turn off data and don’t have wifi. You’d be better off when on wifi to completely turn off cellular (airplane mode) and use wifi calling. 
Yes, it is using your data this year.  The free data offer was not continued this year.  Verizon lost exclusivity for Mobil games, and is now available on all carriers.  With that, no more free data ... See more...
Yes, it is using your data this year.  The free data offer was not continued this year.  Verizon lost exclusivity for Mobil games, and is now available on all carriers.  With that, no more free data watching the game.  
Did you try to change it online, no human involved?
TravelPass works as advertised. What are your questions
Here is what it says on the prepaid plans when you click the i button next to hot spot: “Share your Verizon network connection with other devices so they can access the internet at 4G speeds. Mobile... See more...
Here is what it says on the prepaid plans when you click the i button next to hot spot: “Share your Verizon network connection with other devices so they can access the internet at 4G speeds. Mobile hotspot/tethering not included on the Unlimited plan.”
Have you tried turning roaming off on the phone?  Settings/Cellular/Cellular Data Options/ Roaming - voice and data off.  If that doesn’t work, consider getting another plan that includes Mexico roa... See more...
Have you tried turning roaming off on the phone?  Settings/Cellular/Cellular Data Options/ Roaming - voice and data off.  If that doesn’t work, consider getting another plan that includes Mexico roaming - any of the newer unlimited plans. 
With this year, NFL games will use data.  
From what I can research, Verizon would roam under its Aircraft Services bucket, similar to Cruise Ship services, at $2.99 per minute for voice 50 cents per text message sent 5 cents per text mess... See more...
From what I can research, Verizon would roam under its Aircraft Services bucket, similar to Cruise Ship services, at $2.99 per minute for voice 50 cents per text message sent 5 cents per text message received 25 cents per MMS received or sent $2.05 per MB of data - $2,000 per GB !!!!!!! It is no listed as included in the Travel Pass offer. 
Anything the phone does except make a regular cell phone call or receive sms (green) messages.  This includes things the phone does in the background when you are not even using or touching the phone... See more...
Anything the phone does except make a regular cell phone call or receive sms (green) messages.  This includes things the phone does in the background when you are not even using or touching the phone.   
Why would you open second account and just not add a line, have 2 lines with Get More, each with 75gb premium LTE and each with 30 gb hotspot? Much cheaper and gets you the same thing.  
The tower is not just a transfer point. It has computers/servers on site that keeps logs.  Periodically Verizon servers poll the towers to upload the information of data use of users on that tower. ... See more...
The tower is not just a transfer point. It has computers/servers on site that keeps logs.  Periodically Verizon servers poll the towers to upload the information of data use of users on that tower. Another way to look at it is a data session. All data used in a period of time is reported as a single data point with a single date and time, even if the data was used over an extended period of time but is usually 6 hours or less. My experience shows the time stamp is the start of a data session For example, yesterday, I streamed the Penn State game from approximately 9:30 am until past noon.  On my log file I show no data use during that time, but I have a time stamp of 7:48 AM that reports 1.6 GB of data used. The next time stamp is 1:48 PM, 6 hours later and shows a few megabytes. Therefore, the data I used from 9:30 to 12:30 was reported at 7:48 AM, the start of a data session.  Data sessions often last 6 hours if you are attached to one tower. However, if you are on the move, you will get multipe short time stamps as each tower reports out separately data used while you were on that tower.  It has been this way for years and years.