Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,394 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Mr4G's Posts

Watch the forum mods they're pulling posts like these down left and right. I agree with you though, I updated mine to the leak and it works great.
Not sure about the Droid4, but if it's the same as the other Motorola phones, hold the power button and you should get a menu asking if you want to take it out of AirplaneMode, put the phone to s... See more...
Not sure about the Droid4, but if it's the same as the other Motorola phones, hold the power button and you should get a menu asking if you want to take it out of AirplaneMode, put the phone to sleep, or turn the phone off.
I don't  think the problem is Bionic hardware at all. most of us can agree that out of the gate, the phone worked fine. i had no dropped signals, 4G was great, Lakers were wining and life was goo... See more...
I don't  think the problem is Bionic hardware at all. most of us can agree that out of the gate, the phone worked fine. i had no dropped signals, 4G was great, Lakers were wining and life was good. Until recent changes in VZ's network somewhere, Bionic uses got affected. honestly no amount of hardware replacements is going to fix the issue. One person suggested that the changes on the network were in preparation for an imminent Bionic ICS update. I can say that after reading reviews of the recent "leakage" last week, that statement regarding the network update seems true. So if users can hold out until VZ officially releases the ICS update, they will be very pleased.
I figured, so I was trying to be as careful as possible how i typed things out. BTW, you might have passed each other on the freeway. I was just on the 405 coming from Southbay going to the Santa... See more...
I figured, so I was trying to be as careful as possible how i typed things out. BTW, you might have passed each other on the freeway. I was just on the 405 coming from Southbay going to the Santa Monica just about an hour ago.
Yup, that's the leak I'm on. Install went smooth and other than having to figure out where they moved everything in the new OS, I haven't had any problems. Once ICS is officially released ev... See more...
Yup, that's the leak I'm on. Install went smooth and other than having to figure out where they moved everything in the new OS, I haven't had any problems. Once ICS is officially released every BIONIC user will really happy...........if they make it that long and don't jump ship to another phone....LOL
WARNING:  By no means am I recommending this as a fix for everyone... I was searching online and stumble across a BIONIC ICS leak in one of the forums I frequent. The majority (99%) of the fol... See more...
WARNING:  By no means am I recommending this as a fix for everyone... I was searching online and stumble across a BIONIC ICS leak in one of the forums I frequent. The majority (99%) of the folks who tried installing it were successful. So me being the daring person I am....I tried it too. The update did work for me, it upgraded my bionic to ICS and all my data (app, SMS, mms, photos) were retained. I have not had a signal drop yet but it's only been about 18hrs. Il report back later with an update and thoughts. Everything works in the new update, 4g, gps, Bluetooth, wifi and hotspot have all been tested. Phone does move noticeably faster and smoother too. Again I'm not promoting this as a fix everyone should try, especially a novice user who has never flashed software on an android device before.
I didn't get a new SIM, so the one I have now is the original from my first device. I too also thought it was an app but after a factory reset of the original phone and working 24hrs without ... See more...
I didn't get a new SIM, so the one I have now is the original from my first device. I too also thought it was an app but after a factory reset of the original phone and working 24hrs without any additional apps installed (other that the bloat-ware that's already on the phone), I experienced the data drop multiple times. Support also walked me through putting the phone in Safe Mode and that too didn't work. I do appreciate your help and suggestions though, just hope Verizon takes these reports seriously and looks into them.
Feeling your pain here in Los Angeles as well as others too: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/775204 I've had 2 BIONICs both with the latest updates and still having disconnect ... See more...
Feeling your pain here in Los Angeles as well as others too: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/775204 I've had 2 BIONICs both with the latest updates and still having disconnect issues. Might be me just being stubborn, but I just think its silly that support recommended that I switch to CDMA only since its been stable. I might as well kept with my DroidX in that case.
Got a  refurbished replacement from VZ yesterday and the issue with the data is still happening with me. Not sure what to do next, I could switch to 3G, but to me what's the point of having a 4G ... See more...
Got a  refurbished replacement from VZ yesterday and the issue with the data is still happening with me. Not sure what to do next, I could switch to 3G, but to me what's the point of having a 4G phone and unlimited 4G plan. I'm a power user. I'm a system Admin so I'm on the phone, checking email and tethering my iPad or laptop to my phone constantly. trying to do that on 3G IS impossible. Having my data go out in the middle of a support call sucks major balls and is very frustrating to say the least. I don't know if its the network of the phone, but before about a month ago both were really solid. I had steady 4G 99% of the time. B33, I tried you suggestion and even in a Verizon store my phone would just randomly lose data connection. All the demo phones were 4G with strong 4bar signals. Anybody else with any ideas...... Do any Verizon Support officials ever monitor these forums at all? A little VZ love would be great.
I might have to try getting a new sim card also. Anyone have luck with the new sim card? This past Father's Day I almost threw my phone becuase I kept losing signal while watching the game on ESP... See more...
I might have to try getting a new sim card also. Anyone have luck with the new sim card? This past Father's Day I almost threw my phone becuase I kept losing signal while watching the game on ESPN. I was in an area with perfectly good 4G and I wasn't driving or anything.
Same issue in Los Angeles Ca. I noticed the problem a couple of weeks ago and it's very frustrating because it affects my Hotspot feature when tethering my tablet devices