Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,966 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

mekongdelta69's Posts

>Duplicate posted deleted. Thread locked. Please follow the post at the following link: Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
(I have a Droid Razr Maxx) I set up my hotmail, yahoo and optonline.net (Cablevision's email) accounts on my phone. When you open an email in any of these accounts, it gives you the option of... See more...
(I have a Droid Razr Maxx) I set up my hotmail, yahoo and optonline.net (Cablevision's email) accounts on my phone. When you open an email in any of these accounts, it gives you the option of showing the pictures in the email by touching the "Show Pictures" icon on the top of the email. If you want to always "Show Pictures" from that particular Sender, you can touch the "Show Pictures" icon twice and it will automatically show the pictures from that Sender going forward. However, that "Show Pictures" icon is sensitive and once in a while I accidentally hit it twice in a row without meaning to. My question is, how do you reverse that action? (In other words, can you "Unshow Pictures" - not the correct phrase, but you get my point - from a Sender for whom you accidentally touched the "Show Pictures" icon twice?) Thanks for any help
Thanks, but I already tried that. I cleared every app's. cache one by one, after I did the global cache. That didn't work either. However, I did find something that did work and it's even bett... See more...
Thanks, but I already tried that. I cleared every app's. cache one by one, after I did the global cache. That didn't work either. However, I did find something that did work and it's even better. There's a free app. called "Microsoft + SEVEN" (which is the only approved app. for Hotmail). I downloaded it, set it up and now I get all my folders (which are synced). After I made sure it worked ok, I removed my Hotmail account from the generic 'email' app. (while leaving the others there - which work fine). [There must be something specific about Hotmail which does not play well with ICS. But then again, it seems as if ICS doesn't play too well with a lot of things.] Thanks anyway though - appreciate your time...
Ok - I've had the same problems with ICS as everybody else here (and every other forum). Some questions were answered by people here (which I appreciate - and then I go help someone else out on o... See more...
Ok - I've had the same problems with ICS as everybody else here (and every other forum). Some questions were answered by people here (which I appreciate - and then I go help someone else out on other forums). [Just FYI - before someone mentions clearing your cache, I've already done that and switched from Global to CDMA/LTE - plus a bunch of other tips I've received - or found on my own. The battery life IS better than before I cleared my cache, but still not as good as with GB, so I'll wait for the 'official fix' like everyone else.] In the meantime, I have one problem I can't figure out how to fix (at least not yet). I have a bunch of email accounts (Optonline to my Outlook (which is Cablevision's service), Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail. This has to do specifically with Hotmail. Before ICS, I'd get my Hotmail msgs. whenever it felt like pushing them. It was erratic, but I eventually got them. Sometimes, I'd get them manually if I wanted them right away. When I would delete them, it would also delete them from the server, so when I went on the PC, they'd be in the 'Deleted' folder. Annoying, but I could live with it. What *did* work was this: Let's say I got 10 Hotmail msgs. on my phone and then deleted them (so there would be 0 msgs. in the Inbox). Next time it 'pushed', I'd get 5 more msgs. Let's say I left them there. Third time it pushed, let's say I got 7 more msgs. (for a total of 12 msgs. in the Inbox). Let's say I deleted them all (leaving 0 msgs.) Fourth time, it pushed, I'd get 15 msgs. (for a total of 15 msgs. in the Inbox). Now (after ICS), let's say I get 10 msgs. in the Inbox. I delete them all, leaving 0 msgs. Next time it pushes, I get 12 *new* msgs. in my Inbox, BUT the initial 10 msgs. (which I already deleted) show up again (for a total of 22 msgs. in my Inbox. I delete 22 msgs. (leaving 0 msgs.) Third time it pushes, I get 6 more msgs. in my Inbox, BUT the initial 10 msgs. AND the next 12 msgs. are still there (for a total of 28 msgs. in my Inbox). I delete them all again, leaving 0 msgs. And on and on and on. Before I cleared my cache on the Maxx, I was up to something like 300+ msgs. After I cleared my cache, it went back to zero, but now it's starting all over again. My question is: I know I can clear the cache for certain individual apps., but how do I clear my Hotmail cache (without having to clear the cache for my entire phone like I did yesterday)? Any help would be appreciated as always... Edit: I've already Removed the Hotmail account and Added it again. Didn't help.
I use the built in text messaging app too. (The green icon on the bottom, with the dopey smiley face.) Just like you (for Vzn. and non-Vzn. recipients), after I send a text, I see the broken a... See more...
I use the built in text messaging app too. (The green icon on the bottom, with the dopey smiley face.) Just like you (for Vzn. and non-Vzn. recipients), after I send a text, I see the broken arrow for a couple of seconds and then it slides to the left and it also shows: Sent: (date and time) to the right of the broken arrow. What used to happen is (for Vzn. recipients ONLY), after several more seconds, instead of that broken arrow (with the date and time sent to the right of that), the broken arrow used to turn into a green circle with a white check mark (with the date and time sent to the right of that). For non-Vzn. recipients, the broken arrow remained as above. Before ICS, for Vzn. recipients, when you held your finger down on the text and chose "View Report", it would say, "Received". If you held your finger down on the text and chose, "View message details", it would say (among other things), "Cause code: OK or Msg dlvd, 32768". Before ICS, for non-Vzn. recipients, when you held your finger down on the text and chose "View Report", it would say, "Pending". If you held your finger down on the text and chose, "View message details", it would say the same as for Vzn. recipients. After ICS, it doesn't matter whether I send a text to Vzn. or non-Vzn. recipients, they ALL show the same properties as when sending a text to non-Vzn. recipients (i.e. I never get the check mark and it never says "Received". The broken arrow remains and it always says, "Pending".)
Thanks Droid Usrr for your help. Almost every single 'help' site on the Net has their resident 'expert'. (I even did that for a while on a Tech site a long time ago, in my spare time.) I didn'... See more...
Thanks Droid Usrr for your help. Almost every single 'help' site on the Net has their resident 'expert'. (I even did that for a while on a Tech site a long time ago, in my spare time.) I didn't see "Solved," but I clicked "Correct Answer", which I 'assume' is the equivalent. P.S. Btw, is there anybody I could ask about Question 2 in my original post?
I did - and it worked. Thanks again - appreciate it.
"To fix the keyboard, it appears you are using the Motorola Input keyboard as the default input method. To fix this, go to SETTINGS | LANGUAGE & INPUT and then click on the gear to the right of M... See more...
"To fix the keyboard, it appears you are using the Motorola Input keyboard as the default input method. To fix this, go to SETTINGS | LANGUAGE & INPUT and then click on the gear to the right of MOTOROLA INPUT and scroll down to POPUP ON KEYPRESS and uncheck it. This will remove those popup letters." *That's the answer I was looking for. Thank you. "To check the keyboard you are using, go to SETTINGS | LANGUAGE & INPUT and look under DEFAULT to see which it says." The Default says "English (US) - Motorola Input" However, under that, the "Google voice typing" (with "Automatic" underneath it) is (blue) checked, while the "Motorola Input" and "Swype" are also checked, but they are grayed out. Even if I uncheck "Google voice typing", I can't check the other two. Since I looked up what the blue and white colors mean for the 1X (i.e. 2G), 3G or 4G/LTE and the bars mean, now, the only thing left which annoys me is whenever I lose connectivity, I get this annoying verbal message which says, "Verizon Wireless". So I went to Settings -> Sound -> Network lost tone and unchecked it. I still get that message. If I go to Settings -> Sound -> and uncheck the Roaming tone box, will that get rid of it?
Thanks, but that was one of the first things I did. I even rebooted and the p.w. still flashes like I described above. That's what's so strange. That HAS to be a bug. Appreciate the shot thoug... See more...
Thanks, but that was one of the first things I did. I even rebooted and the p.w. still flashes like I described above. That's what's so strange. That HAS to be a bug. Appreciate the shot though. Edit: It just occurred to me that we might be misunderstanding each other. I don't mean the password letters/number show up in the password *box* for a moment, before it changes to a dot. I mean when you type an "a" (for example) on the on-screen keyboard, a blue "a" momentarily flashes above the "a" on the keyboard. I was trying to prevent this (the blue "a" momentarily flashing above the keyboard).
Like everyone else, I dl'd ICS this weekend and I've (re)setup things which were there and navigated around fairly well. However, I've noticed a few things to which I can't find an answer. 1.)... See more...
Like everyone else, I dl'd ICS this weekend and I've (re)setup things which were there and navigated around fairly well. However, I've noticed a few things to which I can't find an answer. 1.) I have my phone locked via an onscreen password. Before ICS (i.e with GB), when I typed the password, it would not flash the letters/numbers in blue (or whatever color) above the keys as I typed. Now it does. Where do I find the setting so it doesn't? 2.) I have Verizon and before ICS, when I'd send a text to a non-Vzn. user, I'd always get a 'broken' arrow and the delivery was always "Pending" (even though most of the time they actually received the message). When I'd send a text to a Vzn. user, a 'solid' arrow would appear and the Report would show "Received". Now, no matter if they're a non-Vzn. or a Vzn. user, it never shows "Received". It always shows "Pending". Is that a bug in the ICS or Vzn. or a combination of both (and does anybody else have that problem, and if so, is there a way to fix it)? 3.) On the top, where it shows '1X' (i.e. 2G), 3G or 4G/LTE, what's the difference between when it appears white color and a blue color? One other thing - does anybody else notice the on-screen keyboard is different now? Thanks for anyone's help - I appreciate it.
I've sent a bunch of texts to myself (with the callback number on -and- off) and don't see the SIM info anywhere.
I found my own answer again. You can either go to your web-based mail (hotmail, etc.), or Outlook, one by one or go to your Universal inbox (Apps -> Messaging -> Universal Inbox). 1.) In yo... See more...
I found my own answer again. You can either go to your web-based mail (hotmail, etc.), or Outlook, one by one or go to your Universal inbox (Apps -> Messaging -> Universal Inbox). 1.) In your Inbox, touch Menu Key -> Select All 2.) Then touch the Trash icon, which sends them to the Trash 3.) In the Trash, touch Menu Key -> Select All, then touch the Trash icon -or- more directly, just touch the Menu Key -> Empty Trash. That takes care of that. P.S. "Android Market" is just called "Market" on my phone (just FYI)
"To get it to work I had to download the hotmail app from the android play store which is free." Dumb questions, I know, but as I mentioned above, I'm a FNG (newb) to Smartphones (and obviousl... See more...
"To get it to work I had to download the hotmail app from the android play store which is free." Dumb questions, I know, but as I mentioned above, I'm a FNG (newb) to Smartphones (and obviously the Razr Maxx). 1.) I looked at all my apps and I don't see anything called "Android Play Store". I looked under "A", "P" and "S". The closest thing which 'seemed' like it, was called "Market". Is that it? 2.) When I do find 'it' (whatever the name of the 'Store'), how do I download the hotmail app? Thanks again...
I found the answer. On the Razr Maxx: 1.) Touch Text Icon 2.) Touch Menu Key (lower left) 3.) From the popup menu, touch "Messaging Settings" 4.) Scroll down until you see "Callback Number... See more...
I found the answer. On the Razr Maxx: 1.) Touch Text Icon 2.) Touch Menu Key (lower left) 3.) From the popup menu, touch "Messaging Settings" 4.) Scroll down until you see "Callback Number" 5.) Make sure it's NOT checked (i.e. NOT green) I just sent a text msg. to myself and my number is not there. Voila!
I found the answer. On the Razr Maxx: 1.) Touch Text Icon 2.) Touch Menu Key (lower left) 3.) From the popup menu, touch "Messaging Settings" 4.) Scroll down until you see "Callback Number... See more...
I found the answer. On the Razr Maxx: 1.) Touch Text Icon 2.) Touch Menu Key (lower left) 3.) From the popup menu, touch "Messaging Settings" 4.) Scroll down until you see "Callback Number" 5.) Make sure it's NOT checked (i.e. NOT green) I just sent a text msg. to myself and my number is not there. Voila!
This is my second question (see "Hotmail question" below).m On my old 'dumbphone', there was an option to NOT have your (callback) number displayed, when you sent someone a text (or called). A... See more...
This is my second question (see "Hotmail question" below).m On my old 'dumbphone', there was an option to NOT have your (callback) number displayed, when you sent someone a text (or called). And when somebody would send me a text, I could look in 'more info' and see if there was a callback number or not. On the Razr Maxx (which is the first smartphone I've ever had), I can't find that option anywhere (and believe me, I've looked everywhere I can think of!) Can somebody please tell me if that option exists on this phone?) TYIA (again) for your help...
I just received my Razr Maxx two days ago (my first non-'dumbphone' ever). With the help of the online manual, searching on the Net for every answer, trial and error, and getting a REALLY good te... See more...
I just received my Razr Maxx two days ago (my first non-'dumbphone' ever). With the help of the online manual, searching on the Net for every answer, trial and error, and getting a REALLY good tech. support guy on the line, I've been able to figure out how to most things (so far!) So far, I haven't been able to figure out two things (which may not exist, and if not, that's why I haven't been able to find the answer (duh)). I.) I have a Hotmail email acc't. and an Optonline (Cablevision) email acc't. and set them up on my phone. (I also have a gmail acc't., but I haven't set it up yet on the phone). a.) When I go to my hotmail acc't., there are only four System folders (In, Out, Sent, Trash). On the PC, I have about 10 User Created folders. 1.) I assume you can't create folders for your hotmail acc't. on the phone. Is that correct? If that's correct, then I notice that all the messages I have stored in various folders in my hotmail acc't. (on the PC) show up in the Inbox by default. 2.) To Delete msgs. in my Inbox, I have to either open them one by one and click the Trash icon -or- I manually check the box next to the msg., which then turns green and then I click the Trash icon. Is there any way to "Delete All Messages in this Folder"? (Inbox) When I do Delete them manually, they all go into the Trash folder and then I (manually) Delete them again. Same question - Is there any way to "Delete All Messages in this Folder"? (Trash) 3.) Same question for my Optonline (Cablevision) acc't. [At least if I set up my (unused) gmail acc't., I notice it WILL accept your User created folders.] I'll put my second question in a separate thread, so it won't get too confusing. TYIA for any help...