Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,833 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Androidatic's Posts

Are any other users experiencing tiling on Root Sports in Pittsburgh? I'm having the same problem on multiple TV's and the problem isn't on any other channels?
Try this, it works. http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/109888-rock-player-play-avi-mkv-rmvb-flv-mp4-3gp.html
Well, I was wrong, and I'm glad I was.  I'm glad that Eris owners are getting 2.1 in the very near future.  It's nice to see Verizon fulfulling their "promise".  Another good thing is that the 2.... See more...
Well, I was wrong, and I'm glad I was.  I'm glad that Eris owners are getting 2.1 in the very near future.  It's nice to see Verizon fulfulling their "promise".  Another good thing is that the 2.1 update will hopefully inflate eBay prices a bit so I can get more for my Eris when my Incrdible is received.
I had the Eris since November. When I purchased it, I was told by the sales person that it would be getting the 2.0 update in February. It was on that basis that I purchased the phone. Since ther... See more...
I had the Eris since November. When I purchased it, I was told by the sales person that it would be getting the 2.0 update in February. It was on that basis that I purchased the phone. Since there is still no release date for 2.0/2.1,I complained to them.   I started at the store and then to customer service with complaints about the misleading sales tactics used by the sales person regarding 2.0. I knew that I wouldn't get anywhere, but you have to show a track record of trying to resolve the issue before going to Verizon's Executive Relations Department. If you try to go straight to them, they will kick you back to customer service. I sent a very nice e-mail explaining my situation, but the tone of the e-mail did portray that I was mad.   I received a phone call a few hours after sending the e-mail and explained that I was sold a phone under false pretenses, it didn't have what I was promised (2.0, Google Navigation, access to all apps (since some only run on 2.0+), etc.  I asked that she permit me to return the Eris and pay the difference for the Incredible (which I knew I wouldn't get, but the negotiations had to begin somewhere), but that was immediately rejected. She call me back the next day and offered to change the renewal date of my contract so that I could purchase the Incredible (remember that I just renewed in November '09) for $199 on Verizon's web wite.  I also get to keep the Eris, which I will sell on eBay once I am satisfied with the Incredible.   If you back a page or two, you will see why they had to offer me something in order to close out the complaint file.  If you do this, be very nice and do not issue any threats to file with the FCC, leave Verizon, etc.  This will get you no where.  Just be persistant with your demand and let them know that you are upset with the way the sale went down.  They really do want to keep their customers happy, you just have to keep pushing them gently.  Another thing, don't let them tell you they "can't help you".  They can do anything they want to do.  They changed my renewal date with the click of a mouse, it was that easy for them.
Instead of the FCC route, just do what I did and go directly to Verizon. You won't get 2.1 on the Eris any faster, but they will allow you to get a different phone.
I had the same problem with my Eris.  When I killed the tasks, it killed the Alarm Clock as well..  Add the Alarm Clock to your Task Killer exception list. Once I did that on my Eris, the problem... See more...
I had the same problem with my Eris.  When I killed the tasks, it killed the Alarm Clock as well..  Add the Alarm Clock to your Task Killer exception list. Once I did that on my Eris, the problem was solved.
I ordered the Incredible yesterday.  I actually received a call from the person at Verizon's Executive Relations department who helped me out originally. She asked why I hadn't ordered the Incred... See more...
I ordered the Incredible yesterday.  I actually received a call from the person at Verizon's Executive Relations department who helped me out originally. She asked why I hadn't ordered the Incredible yet since she made the concession to allow me to get it.  She actually went into my account and simply changed the date of my contract renewal, allowing me to get the phone.  It was as easy as that for Verizon, so don't ever let them tell you that they 'can't do it". They can do anything they want if you get to the right people.   As it turns out, once a complaint goes to Executive Relations, the representative that handles the complaint MUST close out the complaint in their system.  This means that there has to be a resolution to the complaint.  So if you keep pushing and don't give up on your (reasonable) demand, the rep must find a way to resolve it.  Until she had confirmation that I had ordered the phone, her complaint file remained open. I have always received good responses from Verizon in the past...once I complained enough.  If your demand is reasonable, they will concede to you eventually.  You still need to go throug the normal channels before you go to Executive Relations.  They will pull up your account and every conversation that you have with Verizon is documented on your account.  Verizon doesn't make it easy, but they will work with you if you make enough noise and get to the right people. On an added note, she did say that Verizon was working with HTC on the 2.1 but that they had no date of release.  I asked if she could guarantee that it would be released at some point, and she said that although they are working on it, it's not a definite as there is a possibility that they might not be able to get it to work.  So as of now, it's still a possibility that it will be released.
Well, after many phone calls and store visits, Verizon finally acquiesced and is allowing me to get the Incredible. Now, the only problem is that I'm not sure I want it. The battery life seems to ... See more...
Well, after many phone calls and store visits, Verizon finally acquiesced and is allowing me to get the Incredible. Now, the only problem is that I'm not sure I want it. The battery life seems to be worse than the Eris, which is already bad enough. I really want to be able to make it through an entire day with moderate usage, which I can with the Eris. Not so sure about doing that with the Incredible. I have a week to make my decision (which they were none too happy about since I pushed so hard for it). I will keep reading the forums, but I may end up passing. One thing of note is that I was told over and over again by Verizon employees to download the 2.1 leak onto my Eris. They said that it won't void the warranty and I can take it back to the store to have 1.5 reinstalled if there is a problem with the phone. I'm wondering if the "leak" is really just a beta test to work out the bugs.
I will keep sending e-mails and keep making phone calles until I get what I want. I'm going to be nice and professional, but persistent as hell. They'll give to me just to get me to stop. LOL!
After lenghty discussions with both my local VZW store and a telephone customer service rep, it appears that the discontinuing of the Eris in May and the impending release of the Incredible, has ... See more...
After lenghty discussions with both my local VZW store and a telephone customer service rep, it appears that the discontinuing of the Eris in May and the impending release of the Incredible, has made the Eris upgrade unnecessary.  While neither  would not come out and say that it was cancelled, both said not to count on getting the software update for the Eris, ever.   Which lead me to my next question to them, what is Verizon planning on doing for those customers like myself, that bought the Eris with the promise of the update?  Both have said that there is nothing that they can do to assist me.  All I asked for was to sell me the Incredible at the NE2 price, both declined to help.   But thanks to The Consumerist, http://consumerist.com/ , they have phone numbers and e-mail addresses for individuals in Verizon's Executive Relations Department,  I have already started my complaint campaign to Verizon.  All I want is to get what I was promised when I bought my Eris, an HTC phone with Android 2.0 (or 2.1 in this case), Google Navigation etc.        
http://gizmodo.com/5479895/htc-incredible-turns-up-on-verizon-wireless-system-implying-launch-is-near   How long after it is in the inventory system does it usually take to launch?
Straight from HTC. They will be releasing Android 2.1 with the updated Sense UI for the Eris & Hero.   http://phandroid.com/2010/02/16/htc-droid-eris-hero-getting-android-2-1/   "HTC CEO Pete... See more...
Straight from HTC. They will be releasing Android 2.1 with the updated Sense UI for the Eris & Hero.   http://phandroid.com/2010/02/16/htc-droid-eris-hero-getting-android-2-1/   "HTC CEO Peter Chou today confirmed that the HTC Droid Eris for Verizon, the HTC Hero for Sprint, and the HTC Hero for European markets will all be getting upgrades to Android 2.1. In addition, those phones with HTC Sense will be getting the improvements – such as Helicopter view – pushed to their phones. While I’m sure HTC would be happy to make Android 2.1 and the newest HTC Sense available to customers in full, they made it clear that would ultimately be the carriers decision on what to include or disclude from the OTA updates. For example, a carrier may decide that features like Live Wallpapers use too much battery life or that they don’t want to include GPS Navigation in favor of their own navigation partner. These are just examples – let’s just hope our carriers grace us with as much as possible without slowing down our devices."   Updated Sense UI   http://phandroid.com/2010/02/16/htc-sense-helicopter-view-takes-off/   http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=8768   "HTC announced today that it has revamped its Sense user interface. The latest version includes improvements to the email, calendar, and contacts sections of the device. [quote]There's also a new full-screen weather option from the weather widget, and additional homescreen widgets, including one for mail and one for agenda view of the calendar. Pinch to zoom support applies to the new HTC Legend and HTC Desire, too. While viewing an email or website, a long press on text will give you the option to select a word or a paragraph, for copying and pasting, or for looking up in a dictionary or Wikipedia. A new "Friend Stream" feature lets you view all of your social networking updates in one place, including Facebook, Flickr, and Twitter. You can also sort by pictures or updates using the tabbed interface. A new "Leap" thumbnail lets you quickly view thumbnails of your seven homescreens, so you can easily view and choose which one you want to access without swiping between them all. HTC says that the GSM Hero, Sprint Hero, and Verizon Wireless Droid Eris will all get an Android 2.1 update which will include HTC's new Sense user interface. Depending on the carrier, some features like Friend Stream might not be available."
Why would you feel burned. There are always better phones coming out. I am sure that within a few months of the Nexus One, a better phone will be launched. It's like that with any technology. TV, ... See more...
Why would you feel burned. There are always better phones coming out. I am sure that within a few months of the Nexus One, a better phone will be launched. It's like that with any technology. TV, computers, etc. Besides, we knew about the Passion/Nexus One back in September, it was just the matter of waiting it out or buying now. I can tell you this, I will be working Verizon hard for an exchange of my Eris for the Nexus One when it does come out. They have worked with me in the past in doing mid-term exchanges and I have stuck with them as a result.
I've been connected to Yahoo Mail since I got my Eris, but the capabilities are limited. Even though I have had my Yahoo e-mail for 10 years now, I've decided to switch to Google. It isn't worth t... See more...
I've been connected to Yahoo Mail since I got my Eris, but the capabilities are limited. Even though I have had my Yahoo e-mail for 10 years now, I've decided to switch to Google. It isn't worth the hassle. Overall Google is better and I can get all of the benefits from my mail account instead of being limited with how Yahoo has neutered their mail with Android. I will monitor, but not use, my Yahoo mail for the foreseeable future. I have a vacation notice advising anyone who sends me mail, of my new Gmail account. I figure after 6-8 months, most of the important stuff will have changed over.
Wiletoo wrote: The Droid, as with the Blackberry, costs an additional $30/mo?  What if I don't want data, e-mail, etc.  I just want the phone, but I'm being forced to pay for an upgrade to ge... See more...
Wiletoo wrote: The Droid, as with the Blackberry, costs an additional $30/mo?  What if I don't want data, e-mail, etc.  I just want the phone, but I'm being forced to pay for an upgrade to get data.  This is a complete scam and just another way to suck every dollar out of people.    Thanks Verizon!!  Contract is almost up....it's time to switch to another carrier.     This phone is built to be connected at all times. I still don't understand why anyone would want a smartphone and not a data plan. Just get an iPod Touch if all you want is wi-fi and apps.
The main reason I got the Eris over the Droid was because of Sense. As I browse through the Marketplace and check out various home screen replacements and widgets, they are inevitably compared to ... See more...
The main reason I got the Eris over the Droid was because of Sense. As I browse through the Marketplace and check out various home screen replacements and widgets, they are inevitably compared to what Sense has/ offers. It anything better than Sense and it's 35+ home screens (if you count all of the different scenes that are available)?
Check out the new HTC widgets in the marketplace. There is a real nice battery widget, a nice tip calc that takes up a bit too much screen space (4 x 2), a dice game and "Today in history" widget.... See more...
Check out the new HTC widgets in the marketplace. There is a real nice battery widget, a nice tip calc that takes up a bit too much screen space (4 x 2), a dice game and "Today in history" widget. They will only work with the Eris and Hero from what I can see.
I still don't know which phone this guy has. He continuously refers to his phone as the Droid, which we all know means the Motorola phone. Yet he mentions HTC a few times???? I do see when he ment... See more...
I still don't know which phone this guy has. He continuously refers to his phone as the Droid, which we all know means the Motorola phone. Yet he mentions HTC a few times???? I do see when he mentioned the Eris once or twice as well. I just don't know specifically which phone he is referring to and for some reason won't clarify it. If he did hard reset he had to imagine that it would be reset to the way it was when it left the factory. That means that everything he did since he got the phone, would be gone. On another note, my battery life is improved since the update, but I have the Eris. The HTC phone.
supitsmike wrote: Androidatic wrote: Something is wrong with this post. The Droid is Pmade by Motorola not HTC. I can't understand why a Verizon rep would be talking to HTC about the Droi... See more...
supitsmike wrote: Androidatic wrote: Something is wrong with this post. The Droid is Pmade by Motorola not HTC. I can't understand why a Verizon rep would be talking to HTC about the Droid.   Ding Ding Ding!   Unless the OP was speaking about the Eris. Nope. The OP specifically talks about the slider now being a joke. He also lists his device as a Droid. What's funny is that someone who claims to have some input about what phone his company purchases, has no clue that the Droid is a Motorola product.
Something is wrong with this post. The Droid is made by Motorola not HTC. I can't understand why a Verizon rep would be talking to HTC about the Droid.