Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,148 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

nmchileman's Posts

For an official response I shall refer you to the second post in this thread. An official Verizon Wireless employee confirmed that the details in the original post are correct. Where's the confusi... See more...
For an official response I shall refer you to the second post in this thread. An official Verizon Wireless employee confirmed that the details in the original post are correct. Where's the confusion?
Do you understand that either way the content of messages is not kept for longer than the period specified? Regardless of whether it's an email or text message.
You should be able to restore them using Blackberry Desktop Manager.   Once you have the BDM application open on your PC and your phone is connected you can click on the Application Loader icon... See more...
You should be able to restore them using Blackberry Desktop Manager.   Once you have the BDM application open on your PC and your phone is connected you can click on the Application Loader icon and it should give you a list of all current installed and available applications for install. Find the games in the list and check the boxes then click NEXT to start installing them.
Is the sound something you received in an MMS message?   I've had this happen to two of my Tours and I've seen it happen to other people. There's another post about this same issue in the Black... See more...
Is the sound something you received in an MMS message?   I've had this happen to two of my Tours and I've seen it happen to other people. There's another post about this same issue in the Blackberry section as well.   If you received the sound in a message then make sure the message is completely deleted from your inbox then pull your battery. You may have to pull your battery more than once but it should make it go away.   If it doesn't go away you may need to do a complete wipe, which is easy..just extremely time consuming.   It's a known issue with the current software version that's on the Tour. So you're not the only one.
The only way to purchase it personally at the 2 year price is to open a new personal line of service not associated with your business account. So you'd be starting a totally new account with a n... See more...
The only way to purchase it personally at the 2 year price is to open a new personal line of service not associated with your business account. So you'd be starting a totally new account with a new 2 year contract.   Your business will purchase you a phone but they would only go for the Curve? That blows. Did they give any particular reason?
Payment for orders taken 6/3 will ship 6/24. Payment taken 6/4 will ship 6/25.    
UBS_Sucks wrote: Re Incredible - I have read lots of complaints (on line) about bad reception - in places where a BBerry worked fine. Any truth? Also - can you see the screen in bright suns... See more...
UBS_Sucks wrote: Re Incredible - I have read lots of complaints (on line) about bad reception - in places where a BBerry worked fine. Any truth? Also - can you see the screen in bright sunshine?   Yes. Reception is noticebly weaker on this device. It is a known issue. I get 1-2 bars where my Blackberry gets 3-5 bars. However, it hasn't impaired the phone's ability to make and keep a clear call connected. Not in my experience anyway. It's the 3G speed that takes a big drop when you only have 1 bar.   Yes. It can be difficult to view the screen in bright, direct sunshine. In shade you can see it fine. That's the trade off of having a high resolution AMOLED screen. Do you want high resolution, contrast and color clarity -- or a bright ugly screen? I purchased the anti-glare screen protector from Seidio.com and it has helped a great deal.
UBS_Sucks wrote: Thank you. Reinforced my take. Which is - it is a tool, not a toy. Couldn't have said it better myself.
  SuzyQ wrote: Hmmmmm, time for me to jump into the world of Blackberry?  My annual upgrade is available.....you Blackberry fans think this one would be a good introductory phone to start on... See more...
  SuzyQ wrote: Hmmmmm, time for me to jump into the world of Blackberry?  My annual upgrade is available.....you Blackberry fans think this one would be a good introductory phone to start on?   Suzy, you should know how much I love my Blackberry. I think it wins hands down when it comes to handling message and calendar integration. RIM has made big steps forward with threaded messaging and better Gmail sync, and they have plans to improve Gmail sync to be on par with what Android has. Also I think Blackberry is the best keyboard experience on a mobile phone. You can't go wrong with Blackberry, it's a solid and stable (mostly) platform. The new Bold 9650 is a good choice because it's spec'd to be ready for OS 6.0 and OpenGL for enhanced graphics support.    However, in the last month I've really fallen in love with Android because of the Incredible. The power of the operating system is truly amazing and it's only going to keep getting better. Android is going to branch out into tablets, netbooks, and other crazy things like in-car computers and appliances.    It's really fun. The Incredible is an awesome phone. Yes it has it's glitches, but what phone doesn't. It should be expected that Android phones are prone to be glitchy because of their openness. But I'm having a lot of fun, and I'm excited to see where this is gonna go. Especially with LTE on the way.    Either way you go Suzy, I can recommend you some great apps to help improve your life.   
Money and/or Politics.   That's always the reason for devices getting locked down or having different features/capabilities etc.   Money and Politics make the world go round.
There was a known production issue with early devices that were manufactured. RIM supposedly fixed the production issue, but there were still thousands of devices that were produced with this kno... See more...
There was a known production issue with early devices that were manufactured. RIM supposedly fixed the production issue, but there were still thousands of devices that were produced with this known trackball issue.    Some people like myself and StreetDocRN were lucky enough to get non-defective Tours.   It's the luck of the draw really. And people who hate their devices or have issues with them are more likely to be vocal about their issues than people who are happy and don't have any issues. So that's why you see lots of posts about the trackball and have heard lots of horror stories.   The optical trackpad is definitely the way to go though. No possibility of it getting stuck or gettting food, dirt or grime in there.
TheyCallMeZ wrote: Hey Guys I'm new here and new to Verizon as well, I had a few questions....   #1 Standard Voicemail, does it use minutes when you use it by calling *68 #2 Standard Voice... See more...
TheyCallMeZ wrote: Hey Guys I'm new here and new to Verizon as well, I had a few questions....   #1 Standard Voicemail, does it use minutes when you use it by calling *68 #2 Standard Voicemail, does it use minutes when you call your own cell # from that phone? #3 On the online Bill there are a number of minutes used that show no other information besides # of minutes used and a date and time, No phone number or location. What are these? #4 Are all prior Alltel Customer #s considered mobile to mobile calling?     Thanks! 1. Yes, *86 uses airtime during peak hours. 2. Yes, calling your own phone # is considered the same as *86 so it will use airtime. 3. Does it show Unavailable? Or just all zero's like: 000-000-0000. If so then it's a number that had it's caller ID info restricted. 4. Most prior Alltel numbers are now considered VZW numbers. Remember, some Alltel customer's got sold off and are not part of VZW. You can double check any number here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/mobiletomobile.jsp    **To save airtime from calling voicemail either call during Off-Peak hours or call from another VZW phone. Call your own number then when you hear your greeting come on press # then enter in your password.
Hardware/Software wise it's the same as the original Tour 9630.   The browser is noticeably better than the 8330. It does a better job of rendering non-mobile web pages. The camera will definit... See more...
Hardware/Software wise it's the same as the original Tour 9630.   The browser is noticeably better than the 8330. It does a better job of rendering non-mobile web pages. The camera will definitely be better: 3.2megapixel on the Bold and only a 2.0 on the 8330. So pictures will be somewhat clearer and crisper.   WiFi is good to have because if you're getting a strong WiFi signal it actually uses less battery power than 3G does. You will be able to connect to any WiFi network secured or unsecured. Plus, WiFi will give you slightly better speeds.   As for the new OS 6.0 this will be one of the only current devices that will support it. The Bold 9650 also has OpenGL support which is for 3D acceleration. These upgrades should come out in the second half of 2010. RIM hasn't officially announced any release dates, just a general time frame.   So as it is right now, the Bold 9650 is nothing terribly exciting or innovative in the least. But the fact that it will support future OS releases and better graphics is a good thing that means it won't be left in the dust when new devices come out later this year.
Nothing is ever really deleted. If you know anything about harddrives you know that when you delete something from a computer or server it doesn't really get deleted. The file space just gets mar... See more...
Nothing is ever really deleted. If you know anything about harddrives you know that when you delete something from a computer or server it doesn't really get deleted. The file space just gets marked that it's okay to write over it. Even after a file has been written over many times it's still possible to retrieve some of that data.   However, the article you posted says: Verizon complied. It turned over three sets of documents: information about the account holder linked to that phone number, a list of the complete contents of the text messages sent or received by cellular telephone number (301) 325-XXXX between June 6 and October 31, 2007, and a log of whom Jackson sent messages to from her Verizon e-mail address. Note that Verizon did not keep copies of the actual contents of her e-mail messages.   Hey, look at that..... not the actual content of the message.   First you post an article about AT&T...then you post an article that even says VZW doesn't keep the content of the messages. Reading comprehension FTW!!
No, you can't increase the file limit beyond 1.2MB.   Download and learn to use Qik. It's a great way to share your videos of any length.
If the offer expired May 15th 2010 then you can no longer receive the offer because it's expired. It's not VZW's fault it took you two weeks to get the data plan expensed. You had already receive... See more...
If the offer expired May 15th 2010 then you can no longer receive the offer because it's expired. It's not VZW's fault it took you two weeks to get the data plan expensed. You had already received offers in March/April...that gave you plenty of time.   If you call CS and whine enough you'll get someone to sympathize with your story and send you a phone. But sheesh, people's sense of entitlement is amazing.
Yup. Delete 5.0 and download the 4.5 version from the Media Center catalog.   Better do it quick too, it's only available until June 30th.
You can download Google Maps directly by going to m.google.com/maps from your phone's browser.
There are countless GPS applications available for all sorts of things. Not one specifically from Magellan that I'm aware of. But lots that will give you your GPS location, tracking and ways to m... See more...
There are countless GPS applications available for all sorts of things. Not one specifically from Magellan that I'm aware of. But lots that will give you your GPS location, tracking and ways to manipulate your GPS data.   Keep in mind that with these devices it is not true GPS. It is assisted GPS so you will still need to get some type of cell signal for this to work, I say that because if you're out fishing and hunting in remote areas and you don't get any cell signal then your phone's GPS is useless.
dsteinbach wrote: Good morning.    Questions:        1.  I've seen 3 "droid" phones advertised.  Which it the best (am leaning towards the Motorola)        2.  What is the best deal in ... See more...
dsteinbach wrote: Good morning.    Questions:        1.  I've seen 3 "droid" phones advertised.  Which it the best (am leaning towards the Motorola)        2.  What is the best deal in purchasing Droids?  I'll need two, and would like to leave the other two family members on their own phones for the $10/month.  (I'm seeing "buy one for $199 and the 2nd free).        3.  I think I'm paying no more than $120/month for what I have now.  What would I be paying if I integrated the 2 droids into my "plan?"  How much of an increase am I likely to encounter?        4.  Are "discount" plans of any value (alumni, employee, etc?).  If so, what is/are the best?   Thank you! * Dave :=) 1. "Best" is subjective. In terms of pure specs? The HTC Incredible. Blows the Moto Droid out of the water; faster processor, more memory, better camera, nicer and more responsive touch screen, HTC's Sense UI is beautiful and elegant. Only YOU would know what's "best" for you.   2. BOGO is only currently offered on the Moto Droid and HTC Droid Eris. Go with the Moto Droid, it's the only one of the two that will get the new Android 2.2 Froyo update from Google.  And yes, pay $199.99 for the first one (After obligatory $100 rebate) and the second one is FREE (after obligatory $100 rebate).   3. Each device will require it's own $29.99 data plan. So you're looking at adding $60 to your monthly bill. If one of the Droids is on your Primary line where you get your employee discount now then it will apply to the data plan as well, but only for the Primary line.   You're welcome!   - Nathan