Normal wear and tear is fine.  Physical damage in the form of: cracks on the screen/housing, broken/missing pieces, and liquid/moisture damage is not covered by the manufacturer warranty.   Y... Ver más...
Normal wear and tear is fine.  Physical damage in the form of: cracks on the screen/housing, broken/missing pieces, and liquid/moisture damage is not covered by the manufacturer warranty.   You would need to have an insurance plan through Asurion to have your device covered. 
 kfa1217 wrote: Spiral wrote:  kfa1217 wrote: I got the alert on my desktop software that an upgrade was available - to get OS6 - so should I download it or not? Thought I would c... Ver más...
 kfa1217 wrote: Spiral wrote:  kfa1217 wrote: I got the alert on my desktop software that an upgrade was available - to get OS6 - so should I download it or not? Thought I would come here to see if anyone loved/hated it first...you know kinda like when Windows releases a new OS...do I wait til the bugs are worked out, or get it now?   Are you sure that upgrade wasn't for the Desktop Manager 6.0 software?  I don't think that OS6 for the Bold has been released yet.  I just checked with my phone update function and it was not available.  FYI, I like the new DM6 software, it is easier to use  (bluetooth capable) and has more features. Well Spiral...I could swear that it was OS6 but I will have to look into it to be sure...of course I am sitting here now and not getting the alert (figures!) so I'll have to be patient and wait for it to come back up...  I can assure you both that it's not the update for BB OS6. The update notification you got is only for Desktop Manager. This release has been widely documented and reviewed. You can confirm this on Blackberry.com/Desktop As far as the OS itself... check the standard gamut of tech blogs (BGR, Crackberry, Engadget, Gizmodo). They'll post info about the OS6 release long before you see it officially from VZW. So keep your ear to the grinding stone.   It's my prediction that OS6 will be released for the Bold/Storm 2 around October/November. So I'm not holding my breath. 
Why waste any time ripping and converting DVDs and other files. {edit for TOS violation} You can download .mpeg2 files directly if you want, but for higher quality I prefer .avi files. There's ... Ver más...
Why waste any time ripping and converting DVDs and other files. {edit for TOS violation} You can download .mpeg2 files directly if you want, but for higher quality I prefer .avi files. There's a great Android app called RockPlayer that supports .avi files. It plays the video in full screen and works great on my Incredible.   Isn't the interwebz awesome?   
RIM doesn't have plans for a full launch of OS6 until the second half of this year and the start of 2011. When RIM decides it's okay for a full launch then you have to wait for VZW to test and ap... Ver más...
RIM doesn't have plans for a full launch of OS6 until the second half of this year and the start of 2011. When RIM decides it's okay for a full launch then you have to wait for VZW to test and approve it. You'll be waiting awhile. At least the next 4-8 months.   So.....don't hold your breath.
 basspro wrote: I just upgraded my daughter's Curve 8330 to a Curve 8530. I wanted to transfer ringtones that she had purchased from Verizon, about 10 of them, and Verizon charged me $2.99 ... Ver más...
 basspro wrote: I just upgraded my daughter's Curve 8330 to a Curve 8530. I wanted to transfer ringtones that she had purchased from Verizon, about 10 of them, and Verizon charged me $2.99 per ringtone! This is an absolute rip-off! I have already paid for these once, and as I see it, they should transfer free, just like paid apps in Blackberry World.    Basspro you should know better. With your tenure here on the forums I'm surprised you didn't take advantage of the billion ways to get free ringtones. It's so easy!   Are you paying for visual voicemail too? That can be free too!
Yes, there is an issue right now with RIM and Facebook.  You should still be able to access the mobile website at m.facebook.com
Unfortunately there is not a work around for it because the device itself is not capable of a 3G connection. If you look at the phone it only displays a 1X connection - never an EV connection, wh... Ver más...
Unfortunately there is not a work around for it because the device itself is not capable of a 3G connection. If you look at the phone it only displays a 1X connection - never an EV connection, which is 3G.  I'm sorry, but you will not be able to tether with this device. 
From a PC: when plugging your device in via USB select to sync as a Disk Drive. Two drives will open: your SD card storage and your internal 8GB of storage. Drop and drop the files as needed. Si... Ver más...
From a PC: when plugging your device in via USB select to sync as a Disk Drive. Two drives will open: your SD card storage and your internal 8GB of storage. Drop and drop the files as needed. If it doesn't give you the option to choose how to sync right at plug-in, you can change your default option by going to Settings > Connect to PC > Default Connection Type. Or make sure the "Ask Me" box is checked and it will ask you how to sync every time you plug in.   Or you can do it directly on your phone - but you'll need to download some type of file explorer program for your phone. I recommend Astro or Estrongs File Explorer. Both are excellent apps with lots of built in features.   Hope that helps!
 CasioBrigade wrote: What if i am in the USA and want to text someone in Canada. My cell phone plan has unlimited texting to all carriers, but does this include canadian carriers? bascially... Ver más...
 CasioBrigade wrote: What if i am in the USA and want to text someone in Canada. My cell phone plan has unlimited texting to all carriers, but does this include canadian carriers? bascially, i have unlimited texting to every carrier in the USA, will i get charged to text my friend in canada?  For the answer to your question I refer you to the aforementioned International Messaging page at VZW.com: http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Text_Messaging/index.html  While traveling in the U.S.,Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico text messages sent to non-U.S. phone numbers of participating carriers will not be applied against any monthly text messaging allowance and are charged the following: $0.25/address sent $0.20/message received Text messages sent to phone numbers in Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico are charged domestic rates per your plan.
TheGreatOne wrote: I have used the app called Contacts Backup Pro. It's only 99 cents. Works great! Srsly? You PAID for contact backup? Noob.
Get in contact with technical support. They'll need to do some troubleshooting with you, most likely though it's not related to the specific device. Something may have happened in their system in... Ver más...
Get in contact with technical support. They'll need to do some troubleshooting with you, most likely though it's not related to the specific device. Something may have happened in their system internally when you changed to the new phone.  You'll need to call 800-922-0204 from a separate line.
If you tap on the Mail icon and you see your Gmail account, then you may have set something up wrong. Your Gmail should only be in the specific Gmail application. You can correct this by removing... Ver más...
If you tap on the Mail icon and you see your Gmail account, then you may have set something up wrong. Your Gmail should only be in the specific Gmail application. You can correct this by removing your Gmail account information while in the normal Mail app. Hit menu > more > Settings > Delete Account.  Then make sure your Gmail still shows up by going to Menu > Setttings > Accounts & Sync. If it's not there - add it.  The Mail app is only for non-Gmail accounts.
For all of you Tour owners (myself included) wondering if you'll be left in the dark, fear not - the Tour 9630 is also getting updated to version .732   The OTA will start getting pushed on 6/1... Ver más...
For all of you Tour owners (myself included) wondering if you'll be left in the dark, fear not - the Tour 9630 is also getting updated to version .732  The OTA will start getting pushed on 6/14/2010 starting 6PM ET.  You can find more information here: http://support.vzw.com/system_update/bb_tour.html Here is a PDF listing the improvements: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/tour.pdf  It didn't specifically list it, but I hope this update fixes the issue with a ringtone taking over the entire phone.
NickJacobs wrote: What a slap in the face to us Tour owners. Put on the back burner for a messed up .591 update! We probably will never see the leaked versions .643 or .662 become a final rel... Ver más...
NickJacobs wrote: What a slap in the face to us Tour owners. Put on the back burner for a messed up .591 update! We probably will never see the leaked versions .643 or .662 become a final release for the Tour, but the Bold is so new and minor glitch they get a patch out so quick!   Control yourself and don't be so impatient. You're right...you'll never see the .643 or .662 versions. The Tour will be updated to .732 on 6/14/2010 just like the Bold. So quit yer whining.  I wonder how disappointed you'll be when you realize your Tour won't be updated to 6.0
If it's before the end of your next bill cycle you can infact upgrade to a higher text package to cover that additional usage. Just call Customer Service and they'll help figure out what the best... Ver más...
If it's before the end of your next bill cycle you can infact upgrade to a higher text package to cover that additional usage. Just call Customer Service and they'll help figure out what the best option for you is.
VZW's version of Visual Voicemail is a waste of money. I used YouMail on my Blackberry and Google Voice on my Android. Save yourself the $3 a month - it's not worth it when there's superior free ... Ver más...
VZW's version of Visual Voicemail is a waste of money. I used YouMail on my Blackberry and Google Voice on my Android. Save yourself the $3 a month - it's not worth it when there's superior free options out there.
fezzik wrote: For that matter it takes a minute to get an invite unless you know someone who has some or if you are a student and have a .edu e-mail address (which google is giving priority i... Ver más...
fezzik wrote: For that matter it takes a minute to get an invite unless you know someone who has some or if you are a student and have a .edu e-mail address (which google is giving priority invites too or was a week or so ago) to Google Voice.  The transcriptions are almost never right but it is convenient and does more than VVM.  Google Voice is definitely awesome and worth the wait for an invite. I got my invite only a few days ago - so I haven't completely explored everything GV can do. Have any tips or something special you like?  In the meantime, while waiting for an invite, YouMail is a great alternative.
The 8330 is 3G capable. On devices previous to the 9650, 8530 and 9550 the symbol for 3G is different. It's displayed as EV. So when you see 1XEV that means you're getting full 2G and 3G service.... Ver más...
The 8330 is 3G capable. On devices previous to the 9650, 8530 and 9550 the symbol for 3G is different. It's displayed as EV. So when you see 1XEV that means you're getting full 2G and 3G service.  The speed of web browsing between the two devices is expected to be similar. However, on the Bold 9650 you now have WiFi - so if you connect via WiFi you should notice a little jump in your speeds.
Suggestions? Yeah, drop the VVM from Verizon and save yourself the $3/month.  Check out an application called YouMail in the Android Marketplace. It's FREE VVM that works the same as Verizon's... Ver más...
Suggestions? Yeah, drop the VVM from Verizon and save yourself the $3/month.  Check out an application called YouMail in the Android Marketplace. It's FREE VVM that works the same as Verizon's app. Plus you're able to check and manage your voicemails from a PC too, not just your phone.
Android doesn't have alert reminders by default. You'll need an app.  I use a messaging app called Handcent. It replaces your default messaging app and spruces up the UI a bit. One of the bene... Ver más...
Android doesn't have alert reminders by default. You'll need an app.  I use a messaging app called Handcent. It replaces your default messaging app and spruces up the UI a bit. One of the benefits is that it lets you set set reminders and the frequency that they go off.  It's free. Check it out.