Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,375 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

gkamieneski's Posts

My Kin TWOm has stopped sending Hotmail.  It receives Windows LIve Mail fine.  I have deleted the account, pulled the battery and rebuilt the Hotmail account on the phone but it still will not se... See more...
My Kin TWOm has stopped sending Hotmail.  It receives Windows LIve Mail fine.  I have deleted the account, pulled the battery and rebuilt the Hotmail account on the phone but it still will not send EMail.  I feel like this has happened to me before, but deleting and rebuilding the account fixed the problem.  If I build another EMail account, GMail, Comcast, etc. those do not have any problems.   The build for a Hotmail account is already set up, there are no settings for me to adjust.
A security breach forced me to reinstate my Live Mail account with a new password.  Now the Windows Live Mail account on my Kin TwoM will receive mail but refuses to send mail.  The Windows Live ... See more...
A security breach forced me to reinstate my Live Mail account with a new password.  Now the Windows Live Mail account on my Kin TwoM will receive mail but refuses to send mail.  The Windows Live Mail option is one without many parameters that can be changed so I am at a loss.  I have removed and rebuilt the account several times but it refuses to send.
Phone was left to charge overnight and never moved above 90%.  It has always done so before after 3 or 4 hours of charging.  Given that my 1st Kin TwoM also suffered from power problems, I seriou... See more...
Phone was left to charge overnight and never moved above 90%.  It has always done so before after 3 or 4 hours of charging.  Given that my 1st Kin TwoM also suffered from power problems, I seriously doubt that this model will last for contract life.
This is my second Kin TwoM.  The first one died after about 60 days and first VZW warranted the battery, then had to replace the phone altogether.  I argued for a new phone because that is what I... See more...
This is my second Kin TwoM.  The first one died after about 60 days and first VZW warranted the battery, then had to replace the phone altogether.  I argued for a new phone because that is what I was told over the phone, but they would only supply a FRU.   Now, 1 month later, the phone will only charge to 90% and in searching I have found enough threads along this line to suggest that there is a common problem with the battery and charger.  I will have to let the battery discharge fully to see if I can charge it back up fully.   I do not have a lot of confidence when they replace a phone with a FRU after telling me over the phone that I was due a new one.
Here is an update to the Kin TwoM battery problem I was having.   VZW sent a new battery and I put it in the phone and successfully charged to 100%.  However, the phone would come on but shut ... See more...
Here is an update to the Kin TwoM battery problem I was having.   VZW sent a new battery and I put it in the phone and successfully charged to 100%.  However, the phone would come on but shut right off.  Obviously a short somewhere and in my opinion it was either in the slider or the back button.  Sometimes I could get it to stay on but then hit the back button and it would immediately shut down.  When they said they were sending the battery, VZW said if that doesn't work, we'll send out a "new phone".  So when I called again with no success from the new battery, the new tech support person said they would send out a "new phone".     Well the new phone turned out to be a FRU and when I called to complain that they said they were sending a "new phone" and that I had only activated the Kin TwoM originally on 12/1/2010, they said they were only obligated to provide a new phone within 30 days.  The RFU is working now as it should, but I feel I was lied to and my expectations were that I would be supplied a "new phone" not a FRU with a history of someone else's problems.  If my Dell laptop died a month after receipt, I would expect a new replacement.  Given the trouble that my first Kin TwoM gave, I don't have much confidence in this FRU.  I can only hope that it will make it to contract end so that I can change carriers ASAP!  VZW has demonstrated quite well that they do not deserve my business.
Made a call around dinner time with my Kin TwoM.  Battery was probably at 80% as I had only made a couple of calls that day and not much else.  Few minutes later and the phone wouldn't respond, w... See more...
Made a call around dinner time with my Kin TwoM.  Battery was probably at 80% as I had only made a couple of calls that day and not much else.  Few minutes later and the phone wouldn't respond, wouldn't even turn on.  Took the battery our for a while and got the phone to restart, but the battery fully discharges and will not charge.  I managed to get it back up while plugged into the outlet, but no power on its own.  VZW Tech Support is sending me a new battery.  Let's hope that's the problem.   I had used the phone without a problem for several months.
Best that you know that turning the roaming off will not stop you from using data from VZW.  You need to request a data block either directly or do it yourself.  You can also disable data from th... See more...
Best that you know that turning the roaming off will not stop you from using data from VZW.  You need to request a data block either directly or do it yourself.  You can also disable data from the service menu.
Is FTP on this list yet?
Found two new things with the Kin TWOm today.  Maybe of value to some.   First, I was having trouble with my Hotmail outbox on the phone...kept giving error messages and wouldn't complete the s... See more...
Found two new things with the Kin TWOm today.  Maybe of value to some.   First, I was having trouble with my Hotmail outbox on the phone...kept giving error messages and wouldn't complete the send.  Finally had to delete the account on the phone. Now when adding the account back, depending on which Email account you want to see first, you may need to delete all of your Email accounts and rebuild them because they are sequential when swiping the email account pages with your finger.  Once I rebuilt the accounts, I was able to recompose the messages and resend successfully.  I cannot explain why the outbox was stuck.   Second, I found a means of capturing the screen as a photo.  Doesn't always work, but if you hold the home key and the camera button at the same time, you can sometimes get an image of whatever is on the screen.
I believe people are making this phone harder to use than it really is.  Just go to the Settings tile, select EMAIL, then under accounts select Gmail.  Other pre-configured choices are Windows Li... See more...
I believe people are making this phone harder to use than it really is.  Just go to the Settings tile, select EMAIL, then under accounts select Gmail.  Other pre-configured choices are Windows Live and there is an Add Account choice.  Numerous posts here and on the Microsoft Answers forum have given the link to the Kin TWOm manual.
Make sure you are shaking hands with the correct protocol.  It is possible to be using WPA2 (AES) on the router while trying to use WPA-PSK on the Kin.  Some routers can help out by supporting th... See more...
Make sure you are shaking hands with the correct protocol.  It is possible to be using WPA2 (AES) on the router while trying to use WPA-PSK on the Kin.  Some routers can help out by supporting the combination of the two at the same time.   If the problem is past the password handshake, i.e. unable to get an IP address or open webpages, consider increasing the number of leases your DHCP server is providing and look to make sure you are not employing MAC address security, or if you are, to act accordingly and add your Kin's MAC address to the table.
I am pretty sure you will find that the usb drivers get installed as part of the Zune software install.  The software itself is available for download free from MS.  You are not required to open ... See more...
I am pretty sure you will find that the usb drivers get installed as part of the Zune software install.  The software itself is available for download free from MS.  You are not required to open a Zune account.
Somehow stumbled back on it, http://mw2.vzwwap.com, then the "Channels" button.  thx
No, that's not it.  The one I am speaking of was like a portal with icon represented choices of new, sports, etc.  It was what you get when you first try the browser on the Kin.  Anyone not get f... See more...
No, that's not it.  The one I am speaking of was like a portal with icon represented choices of new, sports, etc.  It was what you get when you first try the browser on the Kin.  Anyone not get far in their customization that still has this page?  Doesn't matter if you are blocking data and running WiFi only, this was the default home page.
Somebody please check what their default website was when first using the Kin TWOm browser.  I had marked it as a favorite then accidentally deleted it with the two-fingered tap.   It's some ki... See more...
Somebody please check what their default website was when first using the Kin TWOm browser.  I had marked it as a favorite then accidentally deleted it with the two-fingered tap.   It's some kind of wap or .mobi site that is the VZW portal for the smartphones I am guessing, and I actually thought it was pretty good and didn't mean to lose it.  Just looking for the URL so I can put it back, thx.
If it helps at all, I can tell you I have data blocked from My Verizon and also from the service menu on the phone itself.  Neither seems to have an impact on my WiFi connectivity and I wouldn't ... See more...
If it helps at all, I can tell you I have data blocked from My Verizon and also from the service menu on the phone itself.  Neither seems to have an impact on my WiFi connectivity and I wouldn't expect it to.   Another thing I can tell you is that my take is that the antenna is very insubstantial on the Kin TWOm.  Going into a Borders bookstore I had to move around quite a bit until I got access and walking down a street the Kin doesn't pick up half the hotspots that my Windows Mobile phone or Ipod Touch did.
I know how frustrating these WiFi connectivity problems can be, but 9 times out of 10 it is not a hardware issue.  Not that this is your case, but sometimes people forget extra security measures ... See more...
I know how frustrating these WiFi connectivity problems can be, but 9 times out of 10 it is not a hardware issue.  Not that this is your case, but sometimes people forget extra security measures they have in place.  Two that I can think of is the limit to the number of DHCP leases allowed by your router configuration (unable to find DNS server, made me think this may be the case) or explicit limitation of wireless devices to MAC addresses.  E.g., on my network the first thing I have to do to allow a new device to connect is to read the MAC address for the device and enter it into the router config.
Implementation of WEP really involves 4 encryption keys, so often WiFi devices have problems shaking hands with WEP.  I do agree with level 2 support that this is a problem for you or your intern... See more...
Implementation of WEP really involves 4 encryption keys, so often WiFi devices have problems shaking hands with WEP.  I do agree with level 2 support that this is a problem for you or your internet provider to solve, but going to WPA is probably your best way to go.  You've already proved that the antennas and adapters work by connecting without security.   Having activated my Kin TWOm several times now as I activate a Moto Krzr K1m at times, I can tell you that online activation sometimes takes more than 1 try.  Sometimes I have to do the *228 thing more than once.  It is what it is....
Not too common to see WEP used anymore since 802.11b and it is nowhere near as secure as WPA or WPA2.  Try setting the router to one of these and the phone should be able to accommodate you with ... See more...
Not too common to see WEP used anymore since 802.11b and it is nowhere near as secure as WPA or WPA2.  Try setting the router to one of these and the phone should be able to accommodate you with the same encryption.
I can tell you that there is no way that has been found yet to turn Data off on the Kin.  I can't speak to whether the phone defaults to WiFi first when available though.   The thing to do is t... See more...
I can tell you that there is no way that has been found yet to turn Data off on the Kin.  I can't speak to whether the phone defaults to WiFi first when available though.   The thing to do is to ask for a data block from Verizon or now you can do this yourself by going into My Verizon.  Thereafter, you can check your data usage on My Verizon to confirm.