Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,941 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

kathy65793's Posts

Hey buddy did you get this worked out? Have not been on this for awhile but I do hope that this finds you in great health my friend
Not sure if you were asked this or if it was brought up but did you clear the cache partition from the recovery mode? It didn't work for me but it may have helped some other phones. I have not been o... See more...
Not sure if you were asked this or if it was brought up but did you clear the cache partition from the recovery mode? It didn't work for me but it may have helped some other phones. I have not been on here for awhile but this new format is going to take a lot to get use to
My phone has been very slow since I did the last update. I have cleared the cache partition like I always recommend that you do after an update and still it is just slow. When I go into txt message a... See more...
My phone has been very slow since I did the last update. I have cleared the cache partition like I always recommend that you do after an update and still it is just slow. When I go into txt message app I know I have a txt in there but it takes a few seconds longer to load the txt. Before this update if I got a txt I could see it before I went into the app. I hope this all works out after a few days. I know they claim it takes a few days for the phone to get use to the update. I am using the yellow messaging app not the verizon one 
Have you tried to clear the cache partition in recover mode. It will not change any of your phone settings just clears out all the old files that the phone has accumulated over the time you have ... See more...
Have you tried to clear the cache partition in recover mode. It will not change any of your phone settings just clears out all the old files that the phone has accumulated over the time you have had it. Also if you go into the battery settings what does in say in battery usage that is using the most battery life? Sometimes there are apps that let themselves run after you close them and they could be using a lot of your power.
One thing that I noticed was that on my wifi connecting to the the 5g I used to get 300 mps but now it only gets 54. I know that the problem is with the update because I have a S5 that is still c... See more...
One thing that I noticed was that on my wifi connecting to the the 5g I used to get 300 mps but now it only gets 54. I know that the problem is with the update because I have a S5 that is still connecting at the 300mps. I thought at first it was my router but with the other phone connected at that speed and other checks that I have done I hope there is a patch coming soon for this
I just got this update it started overnite by itself. By the time I woke up this morning it had already downloaded to the phone. I make my last payment on this phone today so I hope that there ar... See more...
I just got this update it started overnite by itself. By the time I woke up this morning it had already downloaded to the phone. I make my last payment on this phone today so I hope that there are no problems with this update. The last time I paid off my S5 it got an update to marshmallow and the phone could not handle the update. Has anyone else receive this update and is your phone running the way it is supposed to or are you having any problems with it?   
I have the S7 Edge and the last 2 updates I got I had turned wifi and mobile data off. The reason I turned it off for the first one was that it was taking forever to download. After I turned them... See more...
I have the S7 Edge and the last 2 updates I got I had turned wifi and mobile data off. The reason I turned it off for the first one was that it was taking forever to download. After I turned them off it went pretty smooth. I think there maybe something to some updates only being able to download on wifi but the last 2 didn't need it. Now I got an update early this morning and and I had the wifi on so don't know if there would have been a problem if I had turned it off. I just hope this doesn't do anything to my phone as I make my last payment this month on this phone. The last time my S5 could not handle the marshmallow update and died.
I think you should be able to find it under settings-connections-advanced calling. Once you tap advance calling you should find the setting for wifi and advance calling in there. Hope this helps
Have you cleared the cache partition? It is always a good idea to do this after update to your phone. Volume up-power-home will get you into recovery mode Then use the volume down to highlight ... See more...
Have you cleared the cache partition? It is always a good idea to do this after update to your phone. Volume up-power-home will get you into recovery mode Then use the volume down to highlight clear cache partition then press the power button use the volume down again to say yes and press the power button again. This will not reset the phone it just clears up a lot of room on the phone of old files that the just clearing the cache from the phone under storage doesn't get.
Something does not sound right with the android system for that amount of time and that much used.Verizon has a program that is supposed to be able to tell if the phone has been updated correctly... See more...
Something does not sound right with the android system for that amount of time and that much used.Verizon has a program that is supposed to be able to tell if the phone has been updated correctly and if you can get it to work like it is supposed to it maybe able to fix this problem. I have had some luck with this program but I have read on here where some people have had problems getting it to work. Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless Also after you get done try clearing the cache partition in recovery mode. This clears out all the old files from the phone which if you never have done this could be a lot and could be the reason the android system is working over time. Volume up-power-home will get you into recovery mode Then use the volume down to highlight clear cache partition then press the power button use the volume down again to say yes and press the power button again. This will not reset the phone it just clears up a lot of room on the phone of old files that the just clearing the cache from the phone under storage doesn't get.
I hope samsung is not doing what was done to the iphones. When you go into the battery usage what does it say in there that is using up the battery? Is it the android system or the android os?
Sounds like something went wrong with the update for it to be using that much of the battery. I know some people have had problems getting the SUA to work right. If you have smart switch or kies ... See more...
Sounds like something went wrong with the update for it to be using that much of the battery. I know some people have had problems getting the SUA to work right. If you have smart switch or kies they may work as far as the update. Both of these programs are from Samsung and they do update the phone as well as backing up the phone.
What type of phone do you have?
Has anyone gotten this new update? I have never noticed that they were numbered like this before. It says it is a security update. I would have thought by now they would have a patch for all the... See more...
Has anyone gotten this new update? I have never noticed that they were numbered like this before. It says it is a security update. I would have thought by now they would have a patch for all the phones that did not take to Oreo so well.
Have you tried going to Norton or 1 of the major antivirus websites? It depends on which ransomware it is but there are ways to get it off of the phone and or a computer without paying.
Have you been able to get it back on? Have you tried to plug it in to the charger to see if that would help?
Have you gone into connections-advance calling to see what settings are in there?
What type of router are you using? Which phone do you have?
Which txt messaging app are you using?
Sounds like you have done a lot of checking on this problem. The one with the squeezed (pressure) is the one I thought of too. I have read a lot of the complaints about the oreo update but this i... See more...
Sounds like you have done a lot of checking on this problem. The one with the squeezed (pressure) is the one I thought of too. I have read a lot of the complaints about the oreo update but this is the first one I read with this problem. Have you gotten in touch with Samsung to see if they have heard of this with the oreo update? Also have you checked their fourm to see if anyone has had this problem too? Home - Samsung Community