Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,509 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

tomatoketchup's Posts

I have a legacy family plan with 3 lines:  my line is an iPhone 5S with unlimited data; the other 2 are feature phones with no text or data packages used by older family members who just need a s... See more...
I have a legacy family plan with 3 lines:  my line is an iPhone 5S with unlimited data; the other 2 are feature phones with no text or data packages used by older family members who just need a simple flip phone. For the last few years, I have been using the upgrades on the other 2 feature phone lines to buy the newest iPhones, activating them on those lines, canceling the data package, and transferring them to my own line in order to retain my unlimited data.  I am aware that this loophole no longer works because Verizon now forces you to keep the data plan active for the full 2 years of your contract whenever a phone is activated on a given line. I average 1.5 gb of data per month and have never gone over 2 gb, so keeping unlimited data is not a huge priority for me.  However, if I use my own upgrade to get a new iPhone and switch to a tiered data plan, when next year rolls around, can I still transfer one of the upgrades from my other lines to my own line and not end up with an extra data plan?  What I do not want is to end up with 2 data plans; my own, and a data plan on a flip phone that will never be used. If any Verizon employees can answer this, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I've called and used online chat, and have received different answers to this question depending on who I spoke with.
As a side note, the people at my local verizon store are incompetent. That's why I'm asking this question here. There was one good, intelligent employee who used to work there, but she's gone now... See more...
As a side note, the people at my local verizon store are incompetent. That's why I'm asking this question here. There was one good, intelligent employee who used to work there, but she's gone now.
I am currently under a legacy family plan: nationwide 700 with 3 total lines. My line is a smartphone with unlimited data; the other 2 lines are simple flip phones which are only used for phone c... See more...
I am currently under a legacy family plan: nationwide 700 with 3 total lines. My line is a smartphone with unlimited data; the other 2 lines are simple flip phones which are only used for phone calls (no texts, no data). If I upgrade my line to a new smartphone, I realize I will lose my unlimited data, and I'm fine with that as I only use about 1gb a month.  However, if I sign a new 2 year contract, will I be required to convert to a More Everything plan or can I still stay on my Nationwide 700 and simply convert to a capped data plan?  The More Everything plan would be cheaper if all 3 lines had smartphones, but with only 1 smartphone and 2 flip phones, it is significantly cheaper if I stay on my current plan, even if this required me to pay full price for an iPhone 6. Any insight is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Auto brightness never made any difference on my iPhone 4 or 4S.  Having auto brightness on simply limited the maximum brightness the screen would go to.  I do have auto brightness on, but it'... See more...
Auto brightness never made any difference on my iPhone 4 or 4S.  Having auto brightness on simply limited the maximum brightness the screen would go to.  I do have auto brightness on, but it's the actual slider that keeps resetting to a higher position, even when I have the phone indoors and on standby with the screen off for an extended period of time.
I like to set the brightness slider pretty low in order to preserve my battery.  It seems after a few hours when I check the brightness setting, the phone has at some point automatically readjust... See more...
I like to set the brightness slider pretty low in order to preserve my battery.  It seems after a few hours when I check the brightness setting, the phone has at some point automatically readjusted the slider back up to a higher setting.  This has happened multiple times.  I also have an iPhone 4S with iOS 6 on it, and I don't recall this being an issue with that phone. Anyone else having this problem?
That's the initial answer I got too.  So I actually went to a Verizon store, and the higher ups at the store told me that in 24 hours the SIM wouldn't be an issue anymore.  I'm gonna try the swap... See more...
That's the initial answer I got too.  So I actually went to a Verizon store, and the higher ups at the store told me that in 24 hours the SIM wouldn't be an issue anymore.  I'm gonna try the swap tomorrow morning, and if it doesn't work I may return this phone simply out of spite.  This really should not be this complicated.
I was told the same 24 hour story described above by Drinkie46.  And I agree that all these answers sound very dodgy. But both the Verizon store manager where I bought my phone and also 2 sepa... See more...
I was told the same 24 hour story described above by Drinkie46.  And I agree that all these answers sound very dodgy. But both the Verizon store manager where I bought my phone and also 2 separate reps on the customer service line told me the exact same thing- that after 24 hours, I should be able to switch the lines without any problems.  We'll have to wait and see I guess. The key question is:  once a phone number has been associated with a nano sim card, can it be erased and replaced with a different number at a later time?  Because that's essentially what they're telling us will happen in a 24 hour period.  Anyone know for sure?