Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,014 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Jay-VzW's Posts

Both good ideas.  A FAQ section under the Wireless category already exists - so are you suggesting we add more content to it or create a separate sticky thread within the BlackBerry board that co... See more...
Both good ideas.  A FAQ section under the Wireless category already exists - so are you suggesting we add more content to it or create a separate sticky thread within the BlackBerry board that contains all relevant FAQs?    Also, Verizon Wireless has a fairly robust FAQ section under our main support site here http://support.vzw.com/faqs/. How would a duplicate FAQ resource fit into your ideas?
Before updating, make sure your data has been backed up. To do this follow the KBs below:   Backup the device:   1.      Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager 2.      Click Backup and Restore 3. ... See more...
Before updating, make sure your data has been backed up. To do this follow the KBs below:   Backup the device:   1.      Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager 2.      Click Backup and Restore 3.      Click Backup 4.      Save the backup file on your PC (By Default it saves in the My Documents folder (XP) / Documents folder (Vista)   KB10339: How to restore data from a backup file to the BlackBerry smartphone (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339)                                                                 There are three ways to update your device software.  Over the Air Software Load (OTASL) Web Software Load (WebSL) Application Loader   OTASL Overview Wireless BlackBerry Device Software updates allow BlackBerry smartphone users to update the BlackBerry Device Software and BlackBerry Device Software applications wirelessly. BlackBerry smartphone users do not need to connect their BlackBerry smartphones to a computer to update the BlackBerry Device Software. BlackBerry smartphone users, wireless service providers, and BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrators are able to send requests for wireless BlackBerry Device Software updates. If your doing an Over the Air Software Load (OTASL) - On your device, please goto Options à Advanced Options à Wireless Upgrade.  Once you select Wireless Upgrade, please follow the on screen instructions.    For more information regarding OTASL please see the following KB Articles:   KB17007: Wireless Upgrade or Wireless Update option cannot be found on the BlackBerry smartphone (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17007) KB15764: Unable to download wireless BlackBerry Device Software update packages (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15764) KB15626: Requirements to perform wireless BlackBerry Device Software updates (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15626) KB15765: BlackBerry smartphone fails to install a wireless BlackBerry Device Software update package (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15765) KB15631: What is a wireless BlackBerry Device Software update (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15631) KB17636: Upgrade request failed (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17636)   WebSL Overview   BlackBerry smartphone users have the option of updating the BlackBerry Device Software on their BlackBerry smartphones using web-based technology available on the BlackBerry Device Software updates web site. As part of the web-based BlackBerry Device Software update process, BlackBerry smartphone users are provided with a list of available BlackBerry Device Software updates that are approved by their wireless service providers   If you are doing a Web Software Load (WebSL) - On your Windows based PC, please goto  www.blackberry.com/storm/updates (You must be running Windows Internet Explorer 6 or 7) Upon reaching this site, please follow the onscreen directions.    For more information please see the following KB Articles:   KB16071: Web-based BlackBerry Device Software upgrades(http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16071) KB16070: Restrictions on the use of web-based BlackBerry Device Software upgrades(http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16070) KB16068: How To - Perform a web-based BlackBerry Device Software upgrade(http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16068) KB16069: Web-based BlackBerry Device Software system requirements(http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16069)     Desktop Manager using Application loader Overview BlackBerry smartphone users have the option of updating the BlackBerry Device Software on their BlackBerry smartphones using Application Loader found in Desktop Manager. This will allow users to update their Blackberry Smartphone using a wired USB connection.   If you are updating your software using the Application Loader through the Desktop Manager - 1.      Connect your device to the PC. 2.      Open the Desktop Manager Software 3.      Click on the Application Loader Button 4.      On the right hand side of the screen under "Update Applications" click "Start" 5.      Click the Advanced Button to bring you to the "Device Application Screen" 6.      Choose the appropriate applications for your device. 7.      Click on the Options Button and choose "Backup the device automatically during the installation process, then click OK 8.      Click Next 9.      Click Finish and wait for the process to complete   For more information please see: KB16251: Perform an application load on a BlackBerry smartphone without BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed(http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16251)     Additional information   What if the upgrade fails:   KB17956: How to recover from an unsuccessful BlackBerry smartphone upgrade using the Application Loader tool (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17956) KB10339: How to restore data from a backup file to the BlackBerry smartphone (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339) Message Edited by Jay-VzW on 06-17-2009 01:05 PM
I whole heartedly agree with Justin's response.
Yes, it is really that simple.  That said, you may achieve higher speeds using the newer USB cards.  If you don't have a free USB slot, than any of the PCMCIA cards we offer will work for you (Ass... See more...
Yes, it is really that simple.  That said, you may achieve higher speeds using the newer USB cards.  If you don't have a free USB slot, than any of the PCMCIA cards we offer will work for you (Assuming you are using Windows XP or later).
Your question is unclear..  Please restate.
Tim, The most frequent reason folks wish to assume someone else's contract is to free themselves up to purchase a new device at full discount.  For example, say you have Phone X and are in month 6 o... See more...
Tim, The most frequent reason folks wish to assume someone else's contract is to free themselves up to purchase a new device at full discount.  For example, say you have Phone X and are in month 6 of a two year contract.  You have few options related to obtaining the new device at "new" customer discount.  So, you get someone to assume your contract so you can buy Phone Y at full discount. Obviously, Verizon wireless does not encourage this practice, so it is not something we would sponsor as a forum category.  That said, we are always open to suggestions via the upcoming Idea Exchange - and based on the communities feedback - may take it under consideration. 
How are you attempting to connect the hub wirelessly?  It does not have a wireless radio - so are you using some sort of Ethernet-to-Wireless conversion?  That may be the problem.
turrentj wrote: Good afternoon.   I have been reading a lot about the HUB.  One question that I still have and can't seem to find an answer to is this:   The way I understand it is that ... See more...
turrentj wrote: Good afternoon.   I have been reading a lot about the HUB.  One question that I still have and can't seem to find an answer to is this:   The way I understand it is that the HUB will come with it's own telephone number.  I take the HUB and plug it's router into MY router with is UVERSE.  Will they be compatible?   Not familiar with UVERSE router in particular, but it should work with most recently manufactured routers.
simons677 wrote: Hi Jay - can you tell me when the Verizon HUB will be available for business customers and what the pricing structure might be?  Thanks. We do not have business pricing as... See more...
simons677 wrote: Hi Jay - can you tell me when the Verizon HUB will be available for business customers and what the pricing structure might be?  Thanks. We do not have business pricing as of yet - as soon as the information is publicly available - I will post to this community.
What's the error?
One forum member posted one possible solution - your milage may vary. Message Edited by Jay-VzW on 03-27-2009 02:29 AM
Not aware of anyone who provides repair service for Broadband cards, though you may have it replaced if you've subscribed to Equipment Protection.   http://support.vzw.com/features/calling_feat... See more...
Not aware of anyone who provides repair service for Broadband cards, though you may have it replaced if you've subscribed to Equipment Protection.   http://support.vzw.com/features/calling_features/equipment_protection.html
Judy,   Remember to click the Green Solution? button to the right of the post if any of the responses actually answered your question.  This will make it easier for others to quickly find simila... See more...
Judy,   Remember to click the Green Solution? button to the right of the post if any of the responses actually answered your question.  This will make it easier for others to quickly find similar answers to their questions (Solved Threads appear at the top of Search Results).
The Wireless AMBER Alerts initiative is a voluntary arrangement among the wireless industry, including Verizon Wireless, law enforcement agencies, and National Center for Missing & Exploited Child... See more...
The Wireless AMBER Alerts initiative is a voluntary arrangement among the wireless industry, including Verizon Wireless, law enforcement agencies, and National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC). What are AMBER Alerts? AMBER stands for "America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response" and was created in 1997 when broadcasters in the Dallas-Fort Worth area teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to find abducted children. President Bush authorized the national AMBER Alert program as part of the PROTECT Act signed in 2003, formally establishing the federal government's role in the AMBER Alert program and appointing the Department of Justice as the agency responsible for coordinating AMBER Alerts on a national level. The Department of Justice has officially partnered the NCMEC, authorizing it as the agent that coordinates and disseminates AMBER Alerts to secondary distributors including wireless service providers. To date, AMBER Alerts have been credited with the successful recovery of more than 200 children. Help Find Abducted Children Verizon Wireless customers who opt-in can receive free Wireless AMBER Alerts™, short text messages with information about abducted children. Wireless AMBER Alerts are distributed in cooperation with NCMEC and local law enforcement agencies. The alerts will appear as text messages on a wireless phone and will include: Information about the abducted child A telephone number for law enforcement to report any information on that child.   Sign Up for Wireless AMBER Alerts Wireless AMBER Alerts are available to Verizon Wireless customers in all 50 states. However, the alerts you receive will be specific to the ZIP code you select when you opt in to receive the alerts. Sign Up For AMBER Alerts You may also visit www.wirelessamberalerts.org and follow the steps to sign up for Wireless AMBER Alerts. Verizon Wireless customers with handsets capable of text messaging can also sign up for Wireless AMBER Alerts by sending a TXT Message to the address AMBER (26237) right from their wireless phones. The body of the message should include a five-digit ZIP Code indicating the state or geographical area for which they would like to receive Wireless AMBER Alerts. Customers will receive a reply message confirming they have signed up for the Alert, along with instructions on how to cancel the service.
Welcome to the Home Phone Reinvented A New Way to Message Send text, picture or video messages to keep everyone in the loop   A Fresh Way to Stay Informed Use V CAST to watch video... See more...
Welcome to the Home Phone Reinvented A New Way to Message Send text, picture or video messages to keep everyone in the loop   A Fresh Way to Stay Informed Use V CAST to watch video on your home phone.   A Simple Way to Plan a Trip to the Movies Get titles and trailers and buy tickets in a few touches.   Not convinced, Learn More now - or if you are ready to take the plunge, get Get Started now! Message Edited by Jay-VzW on 04-16-2009 03:37 PM
Skip Over Voicemail Greeting Sometimes, you want to leave a quick voice message without listening to the sometimes long "I'm not available at this time" greeting. When calling Verizon Wireless ... See more...
Skip Over Voicemail Greeting Sometimes, you want to leave a quick voice message without listening to the sometimes long "I'm not available at this time" greeting. When calling Verizon Wireless customers, simply press the * key to go right to leaving your message (you will hear a short beep first).   Note: This prompt is not available in all areas. How do I upgrade my equipment? You can upgrade your wireless phone online through My Verizon.   Log in to MyVerizon (New users will need to register first) Go to Quick Links and select Upgrade to a New Phone Read and accept the terms and conditions and select Continue Select the MTN you would like to upgrade and select Show Upgrade Discounts Select the Device by Add to Cart option If you need to do a price plan change, change the price plan or select Continue to proceed to features Add the desired features and Continue Choose Accessories and Continue to Checkout Review order info and select Submit Changes Confirm the order info, select a Shipping Method and Continue to Checkout Enter Billing Information and Shipping information and Continue Select Payment Method, Agree to Terms and Conditions and Continue Submit Please note: Pricing may vary based on the date you last received a discount on new equipment. To see if you are eligible for the New Every Two discount and eligibility date, log in to My Verizon and select the Go tab in "My Services" to view. Managing Voicemail Messages While listening to a message, press:    1 = Rewind   6 = Faster   1 twice =  Rewind to beginning of message  7 = Delete Message  2 = Pause   9 = Save Message   3 = Fast Forward   * = Cancel/Exit   3 twice = Fast Forward to end of message   0 = Help   4 = Slower   # = Finish/Skip  5 = Envelope Info (date/time message was sent)      After listening to a message, press:    6 = Forward**   9 = Save  7 = Delete  0 = Help  8 = Reply**     **Forward/Reply only works with other Verizon Wireless Voice Mail subscribers in your own area. Send Text Messages Without Your Phone If you are out of the country, cell phone battery has died, or your phone simply isn't available - you can still send text messages to other Verizon Wireless customers using one of two methods (Standard Charges Apply):   The Web: Click over to text.vzw.com and enter the phone number of Verizon Wireless you wish to text.  As an added benefit, Verizon Wireless customers who log into vText may send text messages to members of their Address Book, send Group Text Message and use Quick Text (pre-configured text messages). Via Email: Using your favorite email program (Outlook, Yahoo, etc.), you can text any Verizon Wireless phone by using [Phone Number]@vtext.com as the recipients' address. Note: If you send an email greater than 160 characters, your message will automatically broken up into 160 character messages - which could be overwhelming to your recipient. Checking Information Directly from Handset As a Verizon Wireless customer, you can retrieve information about your current billing and usage status directly from your handset. Here are a few examples:   #BAL (# 225)+SEND Check your Balance #MIN (# 646)+SEND Check the number of minutes used #PMT (# 768)+SEND Provides payment history and current balance #DATA (# 3282)+SEND Check your Data Usage Miscellaneous Tips and Tricks Dialing *228 then pressing 1 reprograms your phone. Dialing *228 then pressing 2 will update your towers, thus helping with reception. The default lock code for your phone, if you have never changed it, is the last four digits of your phone number. These tips and tricks, along with many others, can be found at Verizon Wireless' Support site.
There are two ways to check your balance. You can login to My Verizon online, and view your balance from the overview page (along with minutes used). Or, if you're on the go, you can dial #BAL + S... See more...
There are two ways to check your balance. You can login to My Verizon online, and view your balance from the overview page (along with minutes used). Or, if you're on the go, you can dial #BAL + Send (airtime free) from your wireless phone.
You can upgrade your wireless phone online through My Verizon. Log in to My Verizon (new users will need to register first). Select the Account Maintenance tab. Click the Upgrade Phone tab.... See more...
You can upgrade your wireless phone online through My Verizon. Log in to My Verizon (new users will need to register first). Select the Account Maintenance tab. Click the Upgrade Phone tab. Choose the mobile telephone number to upgrade. Select the new handset. Choose accessories (if applicable). Preview the order. Checkout (enter shipping and payment information). Please note:  Pricing may vary based on the date you last received a discount on new equipment. To see if you are eligible for the New Every Two discount, login to My Verizon and click on the "My Phone" tab to view the New Every Two meter.
If your device is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged (including liquid and physical damage), and you are enrolled in the Asurion Wireless Phone Protection program or Total Equipment Coverage, fi... See more...
If your device is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged (including liquid and physical damage), and you are enrolled in the Asurion Wireless Phone Protection program or Total Equipment Coverage, file your insurance claim directly with Asurion. First - If your equipment is lost or stolen, log into My Verizon online and choose the "Suspend/Resume Service" link under the Quick Links under the Overview Page.  You will then be guided through the steps to either Suspend or Resume your service.  You can also dial *611 from your Verizon Wireless phone or 1-800-922-0204 from any phone and complete teh task via our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. Next - contact Asurion to file your insurance claim. Asurion Website Asurion Customer Service: (888) 881-2622.