Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,159 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

AFADANIEL's Posts

I shouldn't have to buy a new phone at all right now. Verizon according to their web page and CS still support my phone. It's listed as a Blackberry they support yet they refuse to do a simple proced... See more...
I shouldn't have to buy a new phone at all right now. Verizon according to their web page and CS still support my phone. It's listed as a Blackberry they support yet they refuse to do a simple procedure to fix it so I can get BIS(Blackberry Internet Services) back. So I have a supported Verizon phone that only does calls and SMS. No email, ect.  If you're going to support the phone then support it till you no longer support it.  Doing a simple reactivation falls under  "support." At least it did up until earlier this year.
A reactivation of the BB9930 would most likely fix this problem but the tech person said they aren't allowed to do that now. I can understand why Verizon has stopped activating new 3G phones since 3G... See more...
A reactivation of the BB9930 would most likely fix this problem but the tech person said they aren't allowed to do that now. I can understand why Verizon has stopped activating new 3G phones since 3G is ending sometime next year but I don't understand why they can't reactivate a phone that's already on their service to solve a technical issue between the phone and their network?? This makes NO sense. I've had this BB9930 for at least 6 years on Verizon. I really like it and can't afford to buy another smart phone now........
A few weeks ago I was having trouble sending and receiving email from my BB9930 so I did a secure wipe and restored from a backup I had thinking this would help. Well after I finished all this my BB9... See more...
A few weeks ago I was having trouble sending and receiving email from my BB9930 so I did a secure wipe and restored from a backup I had thinking this would help. Well after I finished all this my BB9930 no longer gets BIS(BB Internet Services) so I cannot use email, BBM, ect. I've tried everything I can think of from simple battery pulls to doing a factory wipe to reloading the OS. If I go into Setup then Email Accounts I am only offered Enterprise Account settings. I have never used this phone on BES and bought it new from Verizon years ago.  When I finally called Verizon tech support they said my account is setup right and BIS should be working on my 9930.  They've tried to resend service books but i never get them. I've gone into the Host Routing Table and done the Register Now and it says message sent but the HRT is still empty. Today I even went into a Verizon Store and they acted like they'd never seen a BB and no one there even knew what BIS was. lol I really love BB phones and am at a loss as to how to get BIS back on my BB9930. Any help would be much appreciated. thx
My 9930 got the latest update over a year ago. Haven't seen another 1 from Verizon since then. Blackberry stopped supporting their phones a while ago as far as I can tell. They don't even have... See more...
My 9930 got the latest update over a year ago. Haven't seen another 1 from Verizon since then. Blackberry stopped supporting their phones a while ago as far as I can tell. They don't even have any support forums anymore.
No delays in other apps that I can think of. I mainly only use my BB9930 for email, SMSs and twitter so I don't have many 3rd party apps installed. I even tried resending the service books.
Yes. Multiple times.
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I've tried all that. I even did a secure erase of my BB9930 and installed a backup from a year ago when everything was working fine. All software on the ... See more...
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I've tried all that. I even did a secure erase of my BB9930 and installed a backup from a year ago when everything was working fine. All software on the 9930 is up to date. Plenty of available memory also. Not sure why I'm not getting instant Twitter DMs. Twitter on my iPad gets the DMs the second they are sent just like my 9930 used to. I'm stumped.
A few days ago the twitter app on my BB9930 stopped getting instant or pushed direct messages. DMs will show up but only when the set refresh has been reached like 10minutes. Up until a few days ... See more...
A few days ago the twitter app on my BB9930 stopped getting instant or pushed direct messages. DMs will show up but only when the set refresh has been reached like 10minutes. Up until a few days ago when someone sent me a twitter DM i got it immediately. I've tried just about everything I can think of from deleting then reinstalling the twitter app, soft and hard resets. The twitter app on my iPad is getting DMs immediately so not sure why that is working but not on my BB9930. Any advice would be appreciated. thx