Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,771 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

AlCapone's Posts

A bit different opinion, just mine of course.  In business, I've been using Windows-based PC's for ages, and still do.  My wife is an Apple fanboy (fangirl?), and probably even has an Apple tatoo som... See more...
A bit different opinion, just mine of course.  In business, I've been using Windows-based PC's for ages, and still do.  My wife is an Apple fanboy (fangirl?), and probably even has an Apple tatoo somewhere that I've not seen (hahaha). If you're not an Apple user in other spaces, and you don't need to have an everything-Apple life (such as tablets, cloud, watches, smart speakers, photo apps, smart TV, etc.), my recommendation would be for an Android based unit.  Apple is still a closed environment, no open source for development by others, so the variety of things that you can tie your Android to and communicate with is much broader, as well as a bit more familiar to you for sure.  The current Windows 10 environment is quite secure with the built-in security program, and works well with Android-based apps.  As for Google, the current generation of Windows browsers (Edge) have just gone to a Chromium-based system, which also works well with Androids, of course, and seamlessly integrates.  Again, I'm a Google/Android fan for those reasons and many more.  Apple creates its own UI and language, and is unique in its user experience.  If that's what you're used to, its fine.  If not, you should look into the current line of great Android-based products. Hope this helps....
Hi everyone....keep hearing that Verizon is ready to roll out Android 10/Q to Samsung S10 Galaxy phones 'soon'.  It's been soon for a while now, and wondering if anyone a VZW can give an estimate of ... See more...
Hi everyone....keep hearing that Verizon is ready to roll out Android 10/Q to Samsung S10 Galaxy phones 'soon'.  It's been soon for a while now, and wondering if anyone a VZW can give an estimate of timing of the rollout?  Certainly some new features that would be useful during the holiday season....  Thanks!
Marshmallow is being rolled out to the S5 by Samsung worldwide beginning today, but so far, no word on Verizon's timing.
UPDATING NOW...JUST BECAME AVAILABLE (ASSUME IT'S LOLLIPOP)
Seeing this a lot....on my Razr MAXX HD, I actually see a slight improvement with KK update, to about 2.5 days from 2 days average on battery.  I do keep GPS generally off, and am usually near wi... See more...
Seeing this a lot....on my Razr MAXX HD, I actually see a slight improvement with KK update, to about 2.5 days from 2 days average on battery.  I do keep GPS generally off, and am usually near wireless, however.  Also have an app called "Battery Saver" that helps.
Just saw your post....had same issues with the card unmounting, etc., also access door didn't quite fit right.  Key was using the Verizon microSD card tool.  The pin unlocks the drawer, of course... See more...
Just saw your post....had same issues with the card unmounting, etc., also access door didn't quite fit right.  Key was using the Verizon microSD card tool.  The pin unlocks the drawer, of course, but you must use the other side of the tool to push the microSD card further into the slot.  It fully seats, and the outside end of the card is not near the opening of the slot, in fact it almost disappears into the slot.  Reverse procedure to remove, of course.  Can't believe it was such a simple solution, as the card "feels" seated when it's really not.
Just had my phone stolen yesterday, and have had an Asurian basic replacement policy for years.  Replacing the phone was no problem, it's coming today, but was advised by Verizon that the Mobile ... See more...
Just had my phone stolen yesterday, and have had an Asurian basic replacement policy for years.  Replacing the phone was no problem, it's coming today, but was advised by Verizon that the Mobile Recovery app is only available with the Asurion "Total Equipment Policy" option, which must be purchased within 30 days of the original delivery.  I'm thus unable to upgrade the Asurion policy in order to use the mobile recovery app on the new (replacement) phone.  That really sucks.