Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,512 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

davemon's Posts

I like my Rezound too, even w/o ICS.
You're welcome, although like you I never received a solution. I can completely understand your entire conversation with the Comcast person.  It's hit or miss with their reps and I'm convinced... See more...
You're welcome, although like you I never received a solution. I can completely understand your entire conversation with the Comcast person.  It's hit or miss with their reps and I'm convinced some of them will tell you any ole' lie to get you off the phone or chat.  If the answer's not right there in their play-by-play script then forget it.  They'll just spout off any useless and inaccurate information I assume just to get you to smile instead of get angry.  I have had many experiences with Comcast wherein I've received either an inconsistent message, flat out wrong information, or what I assume had to be a lie.  They hire a lot of idiots, in other words.  Forget trying to get help from them on this issue, a very slim few of their reps would have the technical savvy to advise us on this one, even if they cared.
I see.  I responded to you because the more I read these forums the more I see useless comments from some members that are simply meant to deride the person who has a concern which is legitimate ... See more...
I see.  I responded to you because the more I read these forums the more I see useless comments from some members that are simply meant to deride the person who has a concern which is legitimate if to no one else at least to them.  That's unproductive.  If these folks understood what you just described they'd be helpful instead of critical.  I take your point though, as I'm sure most others do.
I received my new phone, HTC Rezound, and loaded all my accounts into the new phone.  All the mail accounts work again as normally in both 3G and 4G (knock on wood).  Even though I was never able... See more...
I received my new phone, HTC Rezound, and loaded all my accounts into the new phone.  All the mail accounts work again as normally in both 3G and 4G (knock on wood).  Even though I was never able to get the original problem here resolved, I did notice that at times when I was on 3G and actually getting the Comcast mail to download, that sometimes it indicated there was an extra message downloading that never showed up.  For example if there were 3 messages downloading, the number shown was 4 and three downloaded.  It happened a lot.  I am wondering if somehow this reporting error has something to do with it. I am guessing that if there's a way to totally uninstall the Mail app and then reinstall it, that this could cure the problem.  This would probably entail re-input of all the accounts. For Ann154, why do you make comments that are completely unhelpful like that?  For those with this phone issue, it wastes our time to read it.  If you think that it's not in the best interests of VW to peruse the forums regularly to see what's going on with their customers my guess would be you're wrong.  Like any other business they have to prioritize their hours of service to their customers, but that doesn't mean a simple acknowledgement of "hey I've seen this we'll get to it" isn't in order.  And FYI this issue is also discussed in another thread where a VW person said they would look into it and hasn't provided any input since.
Verizon Wireless?  Are you reading any of this?  Courtesy of a simple reply for those VW people viewing the forum?
For anyone following this discussion.  I am working in York, PA today and decided to test this whole thing from this location.  It worked perfectly. So add this to the equation, it definitely ... See more...
For anyone following this discussion.  I am working in York, PA today and decided to test this whole thing from this location.  It worked perfectly. So add this to the equation, it definitely has something to do with the current location of the 4G network.  I tested this problem this morning in Baltimore and it still wasn't working.  In York, 95 miles away, it works. Verizon Wireless, can you please comment and state what you are looking into if anything?
For gwoody and anyone else following this discussion.  I am working in York, PA today and decided to test this whole thing from this location.  It worked perfectly. So add this to the equation... See more...
For gwoody and anyone else following this discussion.  I am working in York, PA today and decided to test this whole thing from this location.  It worked perfectly. So add this to the equation, it definitely has something to do with the current location of the 4G network.  I tested this problem this morning in Baltimore and it still wasn't working.  In York, 95 miles away, it works. Verizon Wireless, can you please comment and state what you are looking into if anything?
I received my new phone in the mail (HTC Rezound) but haven't had a chance to sit down with it yet to charge it, activate it, and input all my account data.  I'll post back afterwards to update f... See more...
I received my new phone in the mail (HTC Rezound) but haven't had a chance to sit down with it yet to charge it, activate it, and input all my account data.  I'll post back afterwards to update folks in this thread as to whether my Comcast accounts begin to work again with the new phone.
Seems like a pretty straightforward troubleshooting path for Verizon Wireless.... Only Comcast accounts. 3G works, 4G doesn't. All account settings work, at least on 3G. Accounts all worked... See more...
Seems like a pretty straightforward troubleshooting path for Verizon Wireless.... Only Comcast accounts. 3G works, 4G doesn't. All account settings work, at least on 3G. Accounts all worked fine for a long time, but suddenly stopped around the same time in June 2012 All accounts using the built-in Mail app with the HTC phone. That's a narrow enough search window to see what's changed.  Any help VW?
I was going to wait to buy the phone until after it started shipping with ICS.  Got tired of waiting and just ordered the phone.
I've read a lot of threads where people are having problems syncing with Comcast mail servers on Droid system phones.  For me I've never had a problem until recently and only when the phone indic... See more...
I've read a lot of threads where people are having problems syncing with Comcast mail servers on Droid system phones.  For me I've never had a problem until recently and only when the phone indicates being connected on 4G.
Hmm interesting.  It seems so random.  The fact that it worked for me for so long without any hiccups at all, and then just simply stopped for no obvious reason is the most annoying thing of all.... See more...
Hmm interesting.  It seems so random.  The fact that it worked for me for so long without any hiccups at all, and then just simply stopped for no obvious reason is the most annoying thing of all. Seems like VW would've had more complaints that I'm seeing.  Maybe it's just too recent of an issue.
Are you anywhere near the DC/Baltimore area?  In another post entitled "Can't sync mail over 4G" some others indicated the same issue, and one indicated being in the Baltimore area, as am I.  Won... See more...
Are you anywhere near the DC/Baltimore area?  In another post entitled "Can't sync mail over 4G" some others indicated the same issue, and one indicated being in the Baltimore area, as am I.  Wondering if 4G in this particular area could be related to the issue?
Gwoody, it's Interesting that you, in an earlier post, said that you were in Baltimore.  I am in the Pasadena area and travel to Elkridge every day just outside Baltimore.  Is it possibly somethi... See more...
Gwoody, it's Interesting that you, in an earlier post, said that you were in Baltimore.  I am in the Pasadena area and travel to Elkridge every day just outside Baltimore.  Is it possibly something to do with the 4G in this area?  Thanks for confirming that you too had good settings until recently, makes me feel not so alone. Not that anyone from VerizonWireless has resolved this, but could you imagine trying to get a solution from Comcast?
I just started a new thread about this today, a few minutes ago, before i saw this thread.  It's under ANDROID DISCUSSIONS, and is entitled "Thunderbolt - will not download Comcast POP3 email on ... See more...
I just started a new thread about this today, a few minutes ago, before i saw this thread.  It's under ANDROID DISCUSSIONS, and is entitled "Thunderbolt - will not download Comcast POP3 email on 4G LTE but will on 3G" if you want to see all the symptoms. But my issue is similar, and I have multiple accounts, IMAP, POP3, Gmail.  Only Comcast POP3 accounts, only receiving emails issues, and only on 4G.  Immediately works when switched to 3G. I have a suspicion that mine started when the phone software was updated OTA.  But I can't swear to it because I didn't track the timeline. I also tried deleting accounts and re-inserting, a whole bunch of troubleshooting but to no avail.  I have recently ordered a Rezound but am doubtful that the phone switch will cure the problem.  I didn't buy it for the email issues, but if it fixed the problem that would be bonus.
As the title suggests, my Thunderbolt will not download email from my Comcast POP3 account when the device is in the following mode: Network Mode: LTE/CDMA (which in my area generally always pu... See more...
As the title suggests, my Thunderbolt will not download email from my Comcast POP3 account when the device is in the following mode: Network Mode: LTE/CDMA (which in my area generally always puts me in 4G mode.  This problem only happens in 4G mode.) However, as soon as I switch the phone over to Network Mode: CDMA Only ...to force the phone back into 3G mode, then it immediately begins to download my mail. I have had this phone for at least a year, and have never had this issue until just recently, about the last two weeks.  It suspiciously started right about the same time that Verizon updated the phone software (OTA) to version 2.11.605.19 710RD.  I cannot swear that this is the cause, but nothing else on the phone has changed and they both seemed to have happened around the same time.  Right about when this update took place, my emails stopped downloading. I have been troubleshooting settings and researching this issue now for 2 days.  No, my POP3 settings are not incorrect, I'm sure of it.  They have always worked exactly as I have them now with no issues.  Comcast has not changed anything on me in the last month.  And my settings match what everyone of the experts online say they are supposed to be.  Plus, the only time those settings don't work is when I switch to 4G (now with the new software version).  The phone also accepts my settings as well, and when bad settings are input I get errors. Additional info: I have 2 of the troubled Comcast POP3 accounts on the phone (that both stopped working simultaneously), I have 1 other POP3 account on the phone that has never had any issues and continues to work flawlessly, 1 Yahoo (IMAP) account on the phone that has never had any issues and continues to work flawlessly, and I have 2 Gmail accounts on the phone that have also always worked flawlessly.  Just the Comcast accounts stopped, and only just recently, and only with switching from 3G to 4G.  All emails, nothing to do with large attachments (I don't download them). Has anyone else with Comcast POP3 emails experienced anything like this?  Anyone got a cure?  Of all the threads I have read about people not being able to download Comcast emails on their phone, none of them mentioned trying to switch the network between 3G and 4G.  That seems to be my issue here. I've actually just bought a new 4G phone (waiting for delivery), but not sure if the new phone will resolve any of this.  In the meantime I have to use 3G to get my emails which defeats the whole purpose of me having a 4G phone.