Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 2,363 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

no_to_HTC's Posts

no_to_HTC, We have received a request from 67.8.73.179 to reset your password. If you have requested to reset your password, please follow the instructions below. If you do not want to reset... See more...
no_to_HTC, We have received a request from 67.8.73.179 to reset your password. If you have requested to reset your password, please follow the instructions below. If you do not want to reset your password, disregard this message. Your user account is controlled by an external system such as LDAP. Please contact your administrator. As you can see, I can't log on. I don't know what the above message means. I work on my laptop on my household wifi. So I guess we can't have a direct talk about the Tbolt. My extended warranty is up on 11/18/13 at Best Buy. I will drive the 20 mile round trip to turn in my 5th Tbolt and see what happens with the next one(# 6). Where ever these "refurbished" Tbolts come from I hope, hope, hope they have fixed the problem because I really like this phone.
Oooops. I'm sorry! Don't recall stating a "personal opinion about others.". Will try not to do that again, but I honestly don't know what you are referring to. Thanks for the "correction"
Last two are on a brand new battery courtesy of my Best Buy extended warranty. Battery always reads 98-100% charge when I get the phone to turn back on by taking the battery out and putting it... See more...
Last two are on a brand new battery courtesy of my Best Buy extended warranty. Battery always reads 98-100% charge when I get the phone to turn back on by taking the battery out and putting it back in. I can check this if I get to that screen before the phone tries to connect to a cell tower a blacks out or when it is airplane mode. Hope this helps
As I said in my posts, I never never download apps to my phone. Whatever is on the last 5 Tbolts I've had came on the phone from the manufacturer. In fact after working with HTC for 2-3 hours... See more...
As I said in my posts, I never never download apps to my phone. Whatever is on the last 5 Tbolts I've had came on the phone from the manufacturer. In fact after working with HTC for 2-3 hours to no avail, I deleted almost every app on the phone. Also, the last 5 phones would not connect to anything to download because when I touched the screen the phone would turn off and not turn back on unless I plugged it into the battery charger (the battery charge level was at 98% when it I got it to turn back on in 5 seconds after it shut off) or pulled out the battery. When it is plugged into the battery charger it doesn't turn off, but the screen is locked and won't unlock so I cannot use the phone.
Welcome to "our world". I'm on my 5th Tbolt, 4 of which had this very same issue. I'm on my 5th phone cuz of my Best Buy extended warranty. I had no problems till the "update" that came into... See more...
Welcome to "our world". I'm on my 5th Tbolt, 4 of which had this very same issue. I'm on my 5th phone cuz of my Best Buy extended warranty. I had no problems till the "update" that came into my phone in the middle of the night while I was sleeping in May 2013. When I woke up and looked at my phone the screen was locked with a circle and when calls came in little circles appeared that I had to drag to answer the call. When the phone started "blacking out" when I tried to use it I went to the Verizon store and they told me "a lot of people are having problems since the update." They tried a new sim card and when that didn't help sent me to best buy to get a replacement. That was 4 phones and 7 months ago. I had my phone number switched to my backup samsung intensity (which also turns itself off, but comes back on by itself) in May 2013. My original Tbolt was great from November 18, 2011 to May 2013. I was starting to love this phone! And yes it does get worse as time goes on. however, my 5th phone started turning off at Best Buy while I was picking it up about 3 weeks ago. I brought it home hoping I could download an update from HTC to fix the issue, since so many owners are having the exact same problem. I spent 2-3 hours on the phone with HTC support to no avail. Experimenting with the phone I found that in airplane mode the device stopped turning off and draining the battery. In fact the phone has been on for over 2 weeks and the battery hasn't needed charging in all that time and is only down 50%. I can use it to go "online" with the wifi app, use the awesome camera, calculator and flashlight. If I want to talk or text on it I can go online with my home's wireless wifi to googlevoice. To be perfectly clear, I have never never download any apps to any of my 5 Tbolts. The only apps on these phones came with them from the manufacturer. Hope you get someone that knows how to fix the phone part of the Tbolt.
My software num is different s mine start with a 7. Was this a typo on your part or does software actually start with a 02? These are my numbers: Software 7.02.605.10 71 ORD ... See more...
My software num is different s mine start with a 7. Was this a typo on your part or does software actually start with a 02? These are my numbers: Software 7.02.605.10 71 ORD PRI Version 141_002 1.64_002 PRL Ver 15256 ERI V 5
Ann When and how did you get the ICS updated? Sheila
I never never download any software from anyone on my computer or phone except the manufacturer (HTC, Microsoft, Toshiba).  I know y experience this is asking for disaster!!!! The only d... See more...
I never never download any software from anyone on my computer or phone except the manufacturer (HTC, Microsoft, Toshiba).  I know y experience this is asking for disaster!!!! The only download that ever got on this phone from the day it was purchased (November 18, 2011 from Best Buy) was the update HTC/Verizon installed in May 2013.  That is when I started returning phones to Best Buy for this very same issue and my 5th Thunderbolt has the same problem.  I know it is the "update" that is causing the problem.  I've had the phone in airplane mode for two weeks and it has NEVER turned off and the battery is still charged to 50% (after 2 weeks! Without plugging it in to the charger) . There is nothing wrong with the Thunderbolt as an electronic device. It's the software update. Thank you for your concern. Personal info removed as required by the Terms of Service. Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
My problems started in may 2013. Read between the lines. Edited for discussion of moderation as required by the Terms of Service. Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
Try airplane mode. When my thunderbolt is not looking for cell service the phone does not turn off. I'm on my 4th thunderbolt for this reason.
I found that if you put the phone in airplane mode the phone no longer turns off and screws up the battery. This seems to be the result of the "ice cream sandwich" update that replaced the "gi... See more...
I found that if you put the phone in airplane mode the phone no longer turns off and screws up the battery. This seems to be the result of the "ice cream sandwich" update that replaced the "gingerbread" operating system. HTC is the responsible party that apparently is not taking responsibility for fixing their program. I feel they want us thunderbolt owner to throw our $600 phone in the junk drawer and buy the HTC One. The device can still surf the web if you have wireless access and the camera, flashlight and calculator are awesome. However, until HTC fixes ice cream sandwich it will never be a phone again.
The problem with the phone and the last 3 replacements I've and hundreds of other owners are having is the ice cream sandwich update from HTC. I can almost guarantee it will stay on if you put... See more...
The problem with the phone and the last 3 replacements I've and hundreds of other owners are having is the ice cream sandwich update from HTC. I can almost guarantee it will stay on if you put gingerbread back on it. Putting it in airplane mode has fixed it shutting off and screwing up the battery. That makes it great flashlight. Oh yes, and I can use my wireless connection at home to surf the web.
its interesting that all blogs about this issue are DISconnected! There are 1000s of people complaining. i solved the shut down problem by turning OFF the "search for cell  service" feature o... See more...
its interesting that all blogs about this issue are DISconnected! There are 1000s of people complaining. i solved the shut down problem by turning OFF the "search for cell  service" feature on my thunderbolt.  so much for using the device for a  cell phone. this is the 4th phone i got from best buy. Verizon, HTC and  Best Buy ALL pretend that they have never had a complaint about this.  i'm done with all 3 companies! This is definately an ICS issue no one will own up to it! The problem with the device i haven't solved is that the device is froze while plugged into the charger.
its interesting that all blogs about this issue are DISconnected! There are 1000s of people complaining. i solved the shut down problem by turning OFF the "search for cell  service" feature o... See more...
its interesting that all blogs about this issue are DISconnected! There are 1000s of people complaining. i solved the shut down problem by turning OFF the "search for cell  service" feature on my thunderbolt.  so much for using the device for a  cell phone. this is the 4th phone i got from best buy. Verizon, HTC and  Best Buy ALL pretend that they have never had a complaint about this.  i'm done with all 3 companies! This is definately an ICS issue no one will own up to it! The problem with the device i haven't solved is that the device is froze while plugged into the charger.