Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,105 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

jenniferh_vzw's Posts

That's definitely odd, WILGEI85. Trying all those other chargers and even a factory reset were fantastic ideas, but it's disappointing to hear the phone is still shutting off when you plug it int... See more...
That's definitely odd, WILGEI85. Trying all those other chargers and even a factory reset were fantastic ideas, but it's disappointing to hear the phone is still shutting off when you plug it into a charger. I'm glad you're bringing it to my attention so we can find a solution. Since you've narrowed it down to ensure it's not the charger itself, I'd like to focus on the phone a bit. Did you notice this trouble begin after installing a particular update or application? Are you able to press and hold the power button to turn the device back on while it's charging? If you shine a bright light into your charging port, do you see any debris or crusty material built up in the phone's port? Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Thank you for that tidbit, jsinn619. I don't see any service trouble with abnormal signal or issues with calls or texts have been reported in 21212 over the past few days so I want to make sure w... See more...
Thank you for that tidbit, jsinn619. I don't see any service trouble with abnormal signal or issues with calls or texts have been reported in 21212 over the past few days so I want to make sure we get all the pertinent details to restore your home's signal to what you've been used to in the past. What model phone do you see 1x on while you're at home?  How far from your home do you need to get before you see 3G or 4G LTE reappear on the device? Have you tried anything simple, like restarting your phone, to refresh the network connection? Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I really appreciate you giving those checks on your phone as well as with insurance a try, IrritatedAMD. Seeing your battery drain that quickly after unplugging it is indeed an issue and I want t... See more...
I really appreciate you giving those checks on your phone as well as with insurance a try, IrritatedAMD. Seeing your battery drain that quickly after unplugging it is indeed an issue and I want to find a solution. I know you indicated you already tried a lot of the hints and tips and technical support recommendations you came across during your forum search but without knowing exactly what was done, I'd like to make sure we don't miss any critical solutions. With that in mind, I'd like to have you recalibrate the battery. To do this, press and hold the power button until the phone reboots (10 seconds) and then plug the phone into the original Motorola Turbo charger into the device. Allow the phone to charge to 100% (preferably, leave on the charger overnight). IF you still notice the battery draining within the first 72 hours of testing, please use the steps from https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/ to place your phone into Safe Mode and see if the battery continues to drain as quickly with that mode enabled. It will disable the use of installed 3rd party applications but allow us to make sure we can discover the root cause of the battery dying so quickly. Keep me posted on what happens. Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Hi, gran920. I'm glad you're looking into what you should expect for a trip out of the country. I don't want to see you end up far from home without being able to connect so I'm happy to help. Th... See more...
Hi, gran920. I'm glad you're looking into what you should expect for a trip out of the country. I don't want to see you end up far from home without being able to connect so I'm happy to help. The link jav6 is a great place to start whether you're looking into traveling out of the country or just calling internationally from the US. But to know exactly what to expect regarding charges that may apply based on your specific plan (as well as options to add an international feature) I recommend logging into your account through http://vzw.com/tripplanner directly. It's a great guide that checks your phone and plan to give you the best options for your trip as well as let you know what to do to your phone to make sure it works. If you still need help after using the guide, please let me know what model phone you'll be taking along on your trip as well as what countries you'll be visiting and how you plan to use your phone. Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Hi RSRJ63. I appreciate you trying to check that site for future updates and apologize for the trouble you ran into. I was able to confirm https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates... See more...
Hi RSRJ63. I appreciate you trying to check that site for future updates and apologize for the trouble you ran into. I was able to confirm https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ is up and running, so you should be able to copy and paste it into your browser as tikibar1 mentioned. If you try that way, does the link work? Are other links and web browsing options working well for you? Do you experience the same issue on both Wi-Fi and cellular data? Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow up on Twitter @vzwsupport
I'm really disappointed to see you have put so much of your valuable time on the phone, JOSTAT22. I realize that getting the best deal on your wireless service is vital and don't want to see you ... See more...
I'm really disappointed to see you have put so much of your valuable time on the phone, JOSTAT22. I realize that getting the best deal on your wireless service is vital and don't want to see you leave Verizon Wireless. I have sent you a Private Message here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to continue. Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I truly appreciate you bringing this unexpected data usage to our attention, along with all your continued effort and patience, RELL8891. And thank you Vroomer85 for sharing your success. I have ... See more...
I truly appreciate you bringing this unexpected data usage to our attention, along with all your continued effort and patience, RELL8891. And thank you Vroomer85 for sharing your success. I have sent these additional examples to our application developers as well as our device experts to see if your concerns, as well as your success, can be duplicated. Please keep us posted if you find that resetting the application as Vroomer85 mentioned stops the data usage. Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I certainly don't want to see you considering leaving us, MATROY2. I noticed other users in this post have indicated the issue began when receiving Google's Oreo update from HTC and that sending ... See more...
I certainly don't want to see you considering leaving us, MATROY2. I noticed other users in this post have indicated the issue began when receiving Google's Oreo update from HTC and that sending text messages seems to work when using Verizon Messages rather than HTC's native application. While we don't manufacture the phones or develop the operating system, it's still important to us that the device you chose to activate on our network can use the service we strive to provide. I'd like to ask you to use the steps at http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-u11/howto/software-updates.html to see what software version you have on your device. Also, do you notice a difference in your text message issue when using Verizon Messages https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs or alternative message applications? Does the trouble sending texts occur whether you're using Verizon Wireless service or Wi-Fi? Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Making sure we can find as many of your pictures as possible is important, ASCURRY2. When is the last time you saw pictures in the Cloud from prior to 2016? Are you viewing the Cloud from your ph... See more...
Making sure we can find as many of your pictures as possible is important, ASCURRY2. When is the last time you saw pictures in the Cloud from prior to 2016? Are you viewing the Cloud from your phone directly or by logging into Verizon Cloud from a computer at www.vzw.com/cloud and then selecting Manage Your Content?  What model phone are you using? JenniferH_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I can definitely see where that can caused confusion with your messages, SKYLARKIN613. I’m sure we’ll get all your messages in the right order. Just to be sure I’m on the same page, is this only ... See more...
I can definitely see where that can caused confusion with your messages, SKYLARKIN613. I’m sure we’ll get all your messages in the right order. Just to be sure I’m on the same page, is this only happening with one person or with one group message? Are all those grouped messages restored from your prior device or are new messages still coming in out of order? Do you see the same strange order if you log into www.vzw.com/verizonmessages and view your texts through the Web App option? Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Oh goodness! I hope your cat is okay, jrol718​. I definitely don't want to leave you with an unusable device but I don't know when Verizon Wireless will receive more chargers from the manufacture... See more...
Oh goodness! I hope your cat is okay, jrol718​. I definitely don't want to leave you with an unusable device but I don't know when Verizon Wireless will receive more chargers from the manufacturer. Please reach out to Quality One Wireless directly at (800) 467-5842 to work with an expert from the manufacturer who will be able to guide you towards an accessory solution. Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I realize how important it is to stay connected to technology in your home, TCLIBERTY. I want to make sure the service Verizon Wireless provides is on the right track for your needs. Just to clar... See more...
I realize how important it is to stay connected to technology in your home, TCLIBERTY. I want to make sure the service Verizon Wireless provides is on the right track for your needs. Just to clarify, while you’re home and trying to use the MiFi directly, are you able to browse the internet successfully? What kind of devices are you trying to access remotely? Do those devices offer a web page for remote access? Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
The Repair Assistant is an excellent idea, kathy65793. I apologize for any troubles you and others have experienced but I want to make sure that we’ve covered all our bases for getting a working ... See more...
The Repair Assistant is an excellent idea, kathy65793. I apologize for any troubles you and others have experienced but I want to make sure that we’ve covered all our bases for getting a working phone into your hands. As another suggestion, immediately when the device powers to the home/lock screen please try to put it into Airplane Mode (Settings > Airplane Mode). If this stops the power cycle loop proceed then go to Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play services and 'Uninstall Updates'. if it continues, and you also try the Repair Assistant, please let me know. Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I appreciate you giving that a shot, BREOSB27. With the confirmation that it works with Safe Mode activated, that does tell me that it is tied to the way your phone is working while a 3rd party ... See more...
I appreciate you giving that a shot, BREOSB27. With the confirmation that it works with Safe Mode activated, that does tell me that it is tied to the way your phone is working while a 3rd party application is running. While it may not be an application directly, such as Samsung Pay that was previously mentioned, the application may be interfering with a function that was included in a recent update. Safe mode stops those 3rd party applications from running in the background. I understand your hesitation doing a reset, too. Just to clarify, did you run the repair steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-update-upgrade-assistant/ in addition to connecting it to the computer to check for the update or was that the point you stopped at due to the notification of backing up your phone before continuing? I’d also like to ask you to go into your phone’s Play Store > Menu > Apps & games > My apps & games and make sure all the applications in the phone have been updated. JenniferH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I really appreciate all these additional tidbits and see how important the service is now that your work situation has shifted, JONCON87.  I do see the service in the 37064 area can vary due to a... See more...
I really appreciate all these additional tidbits and see how important the service is now that your work situation has shifted, JONCON87.  I do see the service in the 37064 area can vary due to a variety of reasons such as cell site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. Those factors contribute even more with indoor performance where the building may add to the interference (even within 50-100 feet of the structure). Let’s look at some things that we can do to help. What model device do you use? Are you also using your device as a Mobile Hotspot at the time you experience these difficulties? Did you make the change to Verizon’s new Unlimited plan? Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I know dropped calls are annoying and I certainly want to try my best to reduce or eliminate them for you, wemckenzie. Coverage may vary day to day due to a variety of reasons such as cell site ... See more...
I know dropped calls are annoying and I certainly want to try my best to reduce or eliminate them for you, wemckenzie. Coverage may vary day to day due to a variety of reasons such as cell site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. I noticed the terrain in those zip codes may also create variations in service but let’s take a closer look at ways I can help. I’d like you to navigate to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE. If it’s set to Voice & Data, change it to Data Only and if it’s set to Data Only, change it to Voice & Data. Once that’s changed, please use the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/simulator/Apple/iphone_7/embedded.html?#FEATURE_DEVICE_SIM to remove your SIM for about 30 seconds then put the SIM back in and power it back on to allow for the change to take full effect. Try calls in those same areas and let me know what you changed it to and what the outcome of your testing is. JenniferH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Thank you so much for your added insight to where the problem is occurring, marki86. I really appreciate you making sure the application is updates and checking for all possible settings. I was a... See more...
Thank you so much for your added insight to where the problem is occurring, marki86. I really appreciate you making sure the application is updates and checking for all possible settings. I was able to confirm that the swipe to call function in Message+ is separate from the swipe to call or send message option I mentioned earlier. At this time, there is no way to turn off the option within Message+ directly. This is something that has been brought to the attention of the Message+ application developers in hopes of a future enhancement but I do not have an estimate to when that may be added. You can also submit feedback directly to the developers for enhancements you’d like to see by navigating to the Play Store on your phone. Select Menu (three horizontal lines) then Apps & games followed by My apps & games. When you select the application you’d like to submit feedback for, such as Verizon Messages for this example, scroll all the way down to the Developer section and tap Send email. JenniferH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I really appreciate you double checking the other app, DogMom5. I know how convenient the LED notifications are and I’m confident we’ll find a solution. An updated version of Verizon Messages has... See more...
I really appreciate you double checking the other app, DogMom5. I know how convenient the LED notifications are and I’m confident we’ll find a solution. An updated version of Verizon Messages has been offered over the past few months and I want to be sure that your application has been updated for optimal compatibility. Please go into the Play Store > Menu > Apps & Games > My Apps & Games > select Update All. After updating all your applications, especially the Verizon Messages application, restart your phone and give the LED notification another try. If you’re still running into trouble, please go into Message + > Menu > About and let me know what version is listed. Thank you JenniferH_VZW Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
I really appreciate all your time, Crockerranch. While I'm unable to see any attachments, I'm very familiar with the Camera/One-way Camera bar that appears on the calls for Galaxy devices. There'... See more...
I really appreciate all your time, Crockerranch. While I'm unable to see any attachments, I'm very familiar with the Camera/One-way Camera bar that appears on the calls for Galaxy devices. There's nothing to worry about. It's absolutely normal to see those buttons just above the Add Call/Keypad/End Call and just below the contact's picture during an active call. It is associated with HD Voice and Video Calling HD Voice & Video Calling | Verizon Wireless  . If you have this turned off, tapping on either camera option will not allow you to actually create a video call. We are constantly working with Google and Samsung to get your device the best features through frequent software updates but you can check that your phone has the most recent software available with the steps at Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless . JenniferH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!
Trying to uninstall the app for a clean slate was a great idea, bacardi4me. Thanks for trying. Are you able to access anything from your Cloud by logging into www.vzw.com/cloud ? If you turn off ... See more...
Trying to uninstall the app for a clean slate was a great idea, bacardi4me. Thanks for trying. Are you able to access anything from your Cloud by logging into www.vzw.com/cloud ? If you turn off your WiFi on the phone, are you able to browse the internet and access other apps that require a data connection? Have you recently switched devices? JenniferH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!