Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,793 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

elef's Posts

well its more than state to state, its jurisdiction to jurisdiction when you're talking federal. but yeah i agree i was wrong to say "100% right". I should have said "from a strictly common l... See more...
well its more than state to state, its jurisdiction to jurisdiction when you're talking federal. but yeah i agree i was wrong to say "100% right". I should have said "from a strictly common law perspective, you are probably correct" Also, I never said it wasn't legal. You can sue anyone for anything, whether it will stand is another matter. The case you linked settled, so we will never know. But good for them for giving VZW a black eye regardless  
explain it in one word? "California" thanks tho, I hadn't heard about this!  good to know. EDIT: also, a settlement is not a decision. maybe VZW thought it would be cheaper to settle tha... See more...
explain it in one word? "California" thanks tho, I hadn't heard about this!  good to know. EDIT: also, a settlement is not a decision. maybe VZW thought it would be cheaper to settle than to go to trial. Just because there wasn't a summary judgement doesn't mean that the clause would have been found to be inoperative.
a liability waiver is not the same as a forum selection clause or class action waiver.but you are correct, i shouldn't have said "100% right" nothing is ever 100% However the US Supreme Cou... See more...
a liability waiver is not the same as a forum selection clause or class action waiver.but you are correct, i shouldn't have said "100% right" nothing is ever 100% However the US Supreme Court has held valid forum selection clauses in multiple decisions. Obviously facts are different in different cases...
Because I am a VZW customer and have been for over 15 years. Why do you post here, (deleted inappropriate content to comply with )? Maybe you're hoping to be a Community Leader one of these day... See more...
Because I am a VZW customer and have been for over 15 years. Why do you post here, (deleted inappropriate content to comply with )? Maybe you're hoping to be a Community Leader one of these days? Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
I did a ton of research before I bought my phone, as much as one can do pre-release. I was left with the dilemma of purchasing a Bionic on release day or waiting for the VZW Nexus. It seems like ... See more...
I did a ton of research before I bought my phone, as much as one can do pre-release. I was left with the dilemma of purchasing a Bionic on release day or waiting for the VZW Nexus. It seems like either would have been a bad decision, tho. Admittedly I went with the worse of two bad options, but I was desperate to ditch the last useless phone (Samsung Continuum). Its just a bad idea to buy a phone too close to launch in general and a bad idea to buy anything but an iPhone from Verizon. I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I do understand being kicked between the legs repeatedly. I will make sure not to make the same mistakes again. I don't blame Verizon, I blame myself for choosing Verizon.
Nope. Why pay for a data plan when your phone cannot authenticate a data signal?  Why by a Nexus from VZW device when they don't upgrade it in a timely fashion? Why pay top dollar for a phone tha... See more...
Nope. Why pay for a data plan when your phone cannot authenticate a data signal?  Why by a Nexus from VZW device when they don't upgrade it in a timely fashion? Why pay top dollar for a phone that won't work when you travel overseas? Why be stuck with bloat and locked bootloaders? Why be under the thumb of a company against which you have no remedy? I'll pay a few hundred dollars more on the front end and save myself thousands in lost productivity, headaches and unused data in the long term.
A "moral victory" would be nominal damages. $1 usually.  I assume that's not what we're talking about. A judgement entailing significant damages would be more than a moral victory, even if plaint... See more...
A "moral victory" would be nominal damages. $1 usually.  I assume that's not what we're talking about. A judgement entailing significant damages would be more than a moral victory, even if plaintiffs only receive a tiny fraction of it. It would send a message to VZW, because the only language they understand is money.But yeah that's neither here nor there. That's why my next phone will be unlocked and I will pre-pay.
I agree. There's no point to suing VZW or initiating an arbitration action or anything like that. But, blaming the manufacturer is wrong. Moto has released 9 usable builds so far. Verizon is t... See more...
I agree. There's no point to suing VZW or initiating an arbitration action or anything like that. But, blaming the manufacturer is wrong. Moto has released 9 usable builds so far. Verizon is the one holding up the updates. Look at other VZW android devices from other manufacturers (HTC, Samsung) and you will see that the problem is VZW. EDIT: I also think you misunderstand the point of a class action lawsuit. Its not about the plaintiffs getting lots of money in damages. It acts as a check on the unscrupulous behavior of corporations. However, its a moot point.
Yes Google did promise timely updates, in May 2011 at the Google I/O with the Android Device Update Initiative. Google said they would keep phones "up to date" for 18 months after release. I purc... See more...
Yes Google did promise timely updates, in May 2011 at the Google I/O with the Android Device Update Initiative. Google said they would keep phones "up to date" for 18 months after release. I purchased my phone after this announcement. I'm still on Gingerbread. That is not up to date by any stretch of the imagination.
she's 100% right. contractually, we cannot sue them in class action.
Well the Verizon rep was right about one thing: you shouldn't have to put up with that.
They know the phone is broken. They don't care.
we cannot sue them in class action. read your contract.
My first Verizon Android phone was a Samsung Continuum. That phone was forever, hopelessly stuck with an obsolete version of Android. Phones significantly older than mine were running versions of... See more...
My first Verizon Android phone was a Samsung Continuum. That phone was forever, hopelessly stuck with an obsolete version of Android. Phones significantly older than mine were running versions of Android which were several iterations ahead of the OS on my phone. I was frustrated. So, on launch day, I purchased a DROID Bionic to solve these problems. Cruel fate, right? First off, I shouldn't have to hack my phone and flash a leaked a ROM, merely to make my phone work. Using a community-developed / leaked ROM should be for things like removing bloatware, customization and such. It should not be the only way to have my phone authenticate a data signal. It is inexcusable that the latest generation of Moto phones even shipped. It's bad enough that even the Bionic was released, not to mention the other phones released later, built on the same architecture. All we have gotten as far as "support" is stalling, empty/broken promises, and complete falsehoods (dare I say "lies"). I've been told time and time again that the newest firmware updates will fix the problem. They haven't. I've been told that swapping out the SIM card will fix this. It won't. Even if we do get ICS as promised, its too little, too late. Great, so even if things go according to plan, my device ( for which I paid $300 and agreed to a two-year contract) will STILL not be running the latest Android version. Today, I signed up for the Motorola rebate at this website https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/motorola-jelly-bean-rebate_en-US  Sorry I just have to laugh at the rebate offer. There are no terms as of yet, so really it is meaningless. Even if they updated my phone to Jelly Bean and gave me $100 cash tomorrow, I'd still feel ripped off. Giving me $100 for a rebate on my NEXT Moto phone? What a joke. I really don't like Apple, but my next phone will probably be an iPhone, just because I'm sick of this nonsense. The manufacturers and carriers seem more interested in stringing suckers (I mean customers) along, than actually fixing any of the serious fragmentation issues with the Android platform. This is probably because there's more incentive to sell the consumer on the latest and greatest next device, than to fix the broken / immediately-obsolete phone which they just sold them. This dynamic doesn't exist with Apple's business model. How many RAZR MAXX ULTRA XTRME ULTIMATE phones do we need? How about just one version that works well?