Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 12.6K Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

radnj1972's Posts

just FYI to everyone on this thread if you just go to a corporate store they will take care of you in one way or another. At the few stores in jersey I went to they all had the general same princ... See more...
just FYI to everyone on this thread if you just go to a corporate store they will take care of you in one way or another. At the few stores in jersey I went to they all had the general same principles: a) loaner samsung device ONLY if you wanted to wait for Note 7 replacement. It's not really a "loaner" as you would be signing a new agreement on that loaner device. If you wanted to exchange into an iPhone or non samsung device, no loaners at all. b) You could preorder iphone7 and return Note7, however you would need an old temporary device to activate on account unless you wanted to be without a device for that period of time. c) Just keep the existing Note7 until new ones were out. At both stores I went to i was told the new ones were expected No later than 9/30, but that they were not given any clear direction from Samsung on what to do, so that is why their messages to customers have been so vague.  . . All of these options were done with no fees, no restocking fees or anything. This also includes returning all accessories you got from verizon as well with no restocking fees and waiving the return period time. I returned the Note7, and my various accessories (cables, chargers, case, screen protector) and then replaced with an iphone6s for now. They refunded  the accessories no problem. . If you do visit a store I encourage to bring all the receipts, because this makes their life and yours much easier and makes  for a speedier visit to the store. About 1/2 hour later or so I walked out with a new, working device ready to go. 
..duh of course, but I cannot afford to be without a phone for the time it takes for the preorder device arrives. I wound up just swapping out for a iPhone 6s for now and will look at my options ... See more...
..duh of course, but I cannot afford to be without a phone for the time it takes for the preorder device arrives. I wound up just swapping out for a iPhone 6s for now and will look at my options later on once the iphone7 madness settles down. Preordering now is taking you into november at least for the jet black color which is the one I was hoping to get.
I wish I had returned the phone before the preorder madness happened. I could have used another line on the account for a week. but oh well LOL..
something to make crystal clear, the "loaners" verizon will give you is only if you are waiting for a Note7 replacement. During my experience at the corp store yesterday the rep said if I were go... See more...
something to make crystal clear, the "loaners" verizon will give you is only if you are waiting for a Note7 replacement. During my experience at the corp store yesterday the rep said if I were going to wait for replacement note 7 they could active any samsung device for me on the spot as a "loaner" and then when the new note 7's were available they would swap it back for me -- all fee free. The "loaner" really is they are exchanging the device with a new one and starting a new agreement on whichever new device you picked. Otherwise, I'd have to return the Note 7 and active any other non/samsung new device on the spot.
I visited a corp store yesterday, he did not even give me the option of buying out the contract then returning the device for a refund later, which I may have done since the money would be coming... See more...
I visited a corp store yesterday, he did not even give me the option of buying out the contract then returning the device for a refund later, which I may have done since the money would be coming back to me anyway. He pretty much said swap to a loaner device (not provided by Verizon unless I were to wait for the replacement Note 7 then they could provide any other samsung device for loaner) or wait for launch day because for them to do the swap they have to activate another device on the spot.
..speaking of preorders, can you preorder the iphone 7 at a Verizon corporate store as well as online or is the preordering strictly online only?
...now that the iphone 7 "launch" is coming this week, for those of us who still have our original NOTE 7's what would the process be to replace it with an iphone? I would presume since "...retur... See more...
...now that the iphone 7 "launch" is coming this week, for those of us who still have our original NOTE 7's what would the process be to replace it with an iphone? I would presume since "...return or exchange through 9/30/16 and waive restocking fee" means I could return the note 7 and then, in theory, purchase the iphone.  Any others thinking of a similar venture? My only concern is for iphone launches usually the actual launch day is quite ridiculous and typically preorder all my smartphones to avoid the mayhem.. Hmmm?
yes that's the samsung official statement, but its up to the carrier to advise what the process will be. This will be my 3rd replacement so far, and does not bode well for my opinion of Samsung s... See more...
yes that's the samsung official statement, but its up to the carrier to advise what the process will be. This will be my 3rd replacement so far, and does not bode well for my opinion of Samsung so far (my recent replacement was an issue with front facing camera). In my interpretation of Verizon's statement it says "return or exchange" .. so can I opt just to "return" it and get a full refund?? .. then with the full refund I can just buy another device? That's my only question..
its not part of the passport app ; its part of each app such as the walgreens app and target app, for example. Each app has to program passport functionality... For the target app I downloaded th... See more...
its not part of the passport app ; its part of each app such as the walgreens app and target app, for example. Each app has to program passport functionality... For the target app I downloaded the target app and set up an account wiht target and logged in. I was given the option "Add coupons to passport" and said yes  - that's it.
There is the serial # of the phone as well as the SIM card #. that's two different numbers that have to be entered. I may have forgotten to state that in my long ramble. First screen would be the... See more...
There is the serial # of the phone as well as the SIM card #. that's two different numbers that have to be entered. I may have forgotten to state that in my long ramble. First screen would be the MEID # that can be found on the iphone5 box then afterwards it talks about a SIM card # and when you hit next it will ask you for that..  Be sure you copied the SIM card # right.. it's exactly 20 digits with a lot of zero's
I received that message too but since I activated directly on the verizon web site and the message said successful I Figured that was just the default and continued through it. I've been using th... See more...
I received that message too but since I activated directly on the verizon web site and the message said successful I Figured that was just the default and continued through it. I've been using the device on the correct phone # and account since last night with no issues.. No new sim cards and no waiting 24-48 hours!
it comes with the standard cable (lighting cable for iphone5) and the plug/usb adapter for it.
my order didn't come with the sim # printed out on the invoice (probably becauseI ordered from apple directly), and from experience I knew the 4g sim cards (nano or not) have the serial printed o... See more...
my order didn't come with the sim # printed out on the invoice (probably becauseI ordered from apple directly), and from experience I knew the 4g sim cards (nano or not) have the serial printed on them. The 2nd rep essentially told me the same "it's possible but I'd wait a few days and try again"  -- they are probably slammed with too many support calls and not enough knowledge. I, unfortunately, needed to have the phone active before today because I'm on a 12 hour conference call for work and required a functional device without interruption to the other device..  As for the unlimited versus the shared, I had actually migrated to the share everything plan when it was introduced because I have several devices on my account and this plan actually winds up being cheaper for me and I have yet to go over the 10g allotment of data.  Good luck!!
Congrats. I also spent numerous cycles trying to get someone that could help me and I gave up and activated on my own thru the web site and the nano sim and had no issues!
I did not need a new sim card or to wait 24-48 hours as is the most consistent story being told by the reps. I pulled out the SIM card and wrote the # down and simply went on vzw web site and act... See more...
I did not need a new sim card or to wait 24-48 hours as is the most consistent story being told by the reps. I pulled out the SIM card and wrote the # down and simply went on vzw web site and activated the device on the line I Wanted. Note, I did not turn on the iphone until after I processed the activation on line and waited a bit before turning the new device on. Have had no problems since then last nite.
there aren't many apps yet compatible with passport. I have walgreens and Target working so far. it was just a simple update in the app store to those apps and there was an option "add to passpor... See more...
there aren't many apps yet compatible with passport. I have walgreens and Target working so far. it was just a simple update in the app store to those apps and there was an option "add to passport".
I did it on my own as well last night after speaking to two clueless reps and worked just fine.
the same happened to me as well and was confused,but since i activated the device on verizonwireless web site I accepted the terms and conditions and the device was activated on the correct #.