Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,491 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

SFObrien's Posts

Herbb623, Trying to send persona message about ICS but don't see that option??????
For all you guys having issues and can't get any real satisfaction I suggest taking another route on your device.  Take a look at XDA developers site.  With some tweaking (all I can say on this s... See more...
For all you guys having issues and can't get any real satisfaction I suggest taking another route on your device.  Take a look at XDA developers site.  With some tweaking (all I can say on this site) the Fascinate can be made to run well.  I'm currently running ICS 4.0 and after comparing the performance to the Nexus I won't be upgrading anytime soon.  With the exception of LTE (which crashes about every other month it seems) my device performs just as well and no bloatware. Good luck.
Yes I do and tried it on mine.  It did the same thing!  Never noticed that before so I don't know what to do for a fix.  You might have found another bug in the OS.
Screenshot:  Hold return button and push and release power button. Message notification:  Download a free app called "easy reminder". Works great.
I have seen the factory reset fix minor issues, but when software updates won't download, reboot loops, or any other major malfunction occurs the factory reset is worthless................
Most folks running the stock EH03 2.3.5 are reporting good or better battery life since updating.  You may have an app gone bad.  Try a factory reset.
Have you installed the proper USB drivers?
wardcst24 wrote: JohnB_VZW wrote: @KISSman,   I'm sorry to hear you are having charging issue with your Fascinate after the SW update. You may have to perform a hard reset on your phone... See more...
wardcst24 wrote: JohnB_VZW wrote: @KISSman,   I'm sorry to hear you are having charging issue with your Fascinate after the SW update. You may have to perform a hard reset on your phone. Sometimes a hard reset is needed after a software update. This should help with the charging issue you are experiencing.    If after the hard reset you are still having the same charges issues, please post back and I will be more than happy to further assist you.   I Have 3 Fascinates 2 are active one is not They all do it on the one that is not active I did a factory hard reset and it is still doing it even though there have been 0 apps installed   My point is it is the problem is in the firmware  eh03 The problem did not exist in the ed05 firmware   It is a firmware not hardware problem and my battery's are fine   PLEASE GET SAMSUNG TO FIX PLEASE EXACTLY !
KISSman wrote: @SFObrien  Is there an actual tweak for this issue specifically or does the fix require a full install of GB?  Not looking for specifics, but just a general sense if the issue ... See more...
KISSman wrote: @SFObrien  Is there an actual tweak for this issue specifically or does the fix require a full install of GB?  Not looking for specifics, but just a general sense if the issue itself has been isolated.  I know what fixing it will likely require, but just wondering if it's a targeted fix or elaborate fix that will do many things. The fix is actually part of another process.  Sent you a PM with a little more information.
The trickle charge issue is apparently one of the first reported bugs with some devices.  It is in the software and not a battery issue. There are fixes but those type of tweaks are not permitted... See more...
The trickle charge issue is apparently one of the first reported bugs with some devices.  It is in the software and not a battery issue. There are fixes but those type of tweaks are not permitted to be discussed on these boards. As posted above, Google is your friend.
Another popular way is to set the hompage in your browser to Google.
The updates are done in different areas at different times to avoid log jamming the entire network.  Be patient it's coming.
sivadselim wrote: NuDroidUsrr wrote: Triton46 wrote: I did notice that I can get three bars now on 3G in the house where as I have only gotten one bar in the past.   Actually, t... See more...
sivadselim wrote: NuDroidUsrr wrote: Triton46 wrote: I did notice that I can get three bars now on 3G in the house where as I have only gotten one bar in the past.   Actually, the bars are for your cell signal for phone calls,etc, not the broadband 3G signal. There are other ways to check that. Right.  And just because the bars are displaying differently doesn't mean your signal is any different.  Maybe the bars just display differently. Dbm reading is more accurate.  SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>SIGNAL STRENGTH.  -85 or lower is pretty good place to be. 
pastelball wrote: Any sort of update? Looks like the Charge is going to or already is being updated to Gingerbread.  Nothing on the Fascinate yet.
Without seeing it can't be real sure but it sounds like it's the icon that is displayed when the market is updating your  apps. 
Triton46,   Personal Message sent.
wayne9867 wrote: Did the unmentionable to my phone and it is working fine. However now that Gingerbread is going to be pushed out figure I may as well go back to stock ROM.  Can anyone tell m... See more...
wayne9867 wrote: Did the unmentionable to my phone and it is working fine. However now that Gingerbread is going to be pushed out figure I may as well go back to stock ROM.  Can anyone tell me where the stock ROM is available at?   Thanks a bunch Sent you a personal message.
Triton46 wrote: Is this an official Verizon date for Gingerbread on Fascinate?  Will this be available on a PC download or through an update on the phone itself? According to the unknow... See more...
Triton46 wrote: Is this an official Verizon date for Gingerbread on Fascinate?  Will this be available on a PC download or through an update on the phone itself? According to the unknown sources it originated from it's being field tested by VZW.  I'm currently running it just to test it out.  It runs pretty good, battery is better than stock Froyo, and 3G signal is good and steady.  If not an official version it has to be real close.................
I've said all along the Fascinate is a good phone as long as you tweak it, get away from all the bloatware, and Froyo.