No help for me, but it might for someone else:  http://www.androidauthority.com/jelly-bean-4-1-1-build-jro03c-rolling-out-now-to-hspa-galaxy-nexus-and-nexus-7-100499/  read all the posts.....appa... Ver más...
No help for me, but it might for someone else:  http://www.androidauthority.com/jelly-bean-4-1-1-build-jro03c-rolling-out-now-to-hspa-galaxy-nexus-and-nexus-7-100499/  read all the posts.....apparently google is responsible for the update for the GNex, not the carrier.
My GN's signal is currently -100  1asu at my house.....I GUESS I'll have to get that thing that costs over $200 to boost my signal...then there are probably monthly fees to use it......or......I ... Ver más...
My GN's signal is currently -100  1asu at my house.....I GUESS I'll have to get that thing that costs over $200 to boost my signal...then there are probably monthly fees to use it......or......I could build my own signal booster as described here LOL BTW, where is that guy "Can you hear me now?" w/ all those people following him?  Haven't seen that ad for ages :O)
I've been thinking about getting a kindle fire, I read a lot and use PDF apps to view knitting patterns....the Kindle Fire would save me money by free reads....but they haven't updated their OS s... Ver más...
I've been thinking about getting a kindle fire, I read a lot and use PDF apps to view knitting patterns....the Kindle Fire would save me money by free reads....but they haven't updated their OS since released.......the JB on the new Nexus Tab sounds VERY attractive.  Is there any one who has played w/ both quite a bit?
comonsense101, Actually, that's not so, the 4.4 upgrade corrected my phone rebooting itself and corrected the issues w/ the numerical pad...you'd touch 7 but it displayed another number, etc..... Ver más...
comonsense101, Actually, that's not so, the 4.4 upgrade corrected my phone rebooting itself and corrected the issues w/ the numerical pad...you'd touch 7 but it displayed another number, etc.... Since it's apparent not all Nexus are equal.... as there are variable problems w/ different carriers....the 2 problems above are the only ones I experienced.  Whether it's the operator/owner, rough shipping, or left in extreme temps prior to delivery.  Just like your children, don't leave electronics in the car subjected to extreme temps.....  I wouldn't want (Edited content to comply with VZW Community ToS) my phone to get JB earlier and if I did (Edited content to comply with VZW Community ToS) , it would be because I decided to use the phone until it died and not trade in. It's been obvious one owner's solution is another's nightmare.....try to wait. Message was edited by: Community Coordinator
My phone is pretty well kept plugged in while at home, I was out yesterday running errands, gone maybe 4hrs, my cell standby shows 2% or 3m22s.  I've always had trouble w/ cells at my home, Sprin... Ver más...
My phone is pretty well kept plugged in while at home, I was out yesterday running errands, gone maybe 4hrs, my cell standby shows 2% or 3m22s.  I've always had trouble w/ cells at my home, Sprint & Verizon
I't easy to get their customer support....calling from your cell, they want you to call from another phone....just hang in there if you don't need to trouble shoot your phone....I choose option 3... Ver más...
I't easy to get their customer support....calling from your cell, they want you to call from another phone....just hang in there if you don't need to trouble shoot your phone....I choose option 3 for tech supp then in my own words, I ask for customer service.
I ordered my cases from Amazon, so much cheaper and better selection.  You'll see Galaxy Nesus Verizon or 1515, it won't be the 9250
SCH1515MSV
Samsung should be accountable also. I got my Nexus the first of the year, immediately while leaving Best Buy, the system started updating.  The number pad where you can select options/enter ac... Ver más...
Samsung should be accountable also. I got my Nexus the first of the year, immediately while leaving Best Buy, the system started updating.  The number pad where you can select options/enter acct #'s didn't work properly. I couldn't access my bank account, voice mail, etc.  Verizon tried to help by changing my pass code for the voice mail..nothing worked.  A week later, Droid Forums had posted to turn off the speaker phone, enter the #'s and turn it back on...that was a fix.  Best Buy did every thing they could as they did not want me to have a refurbished phone. Approx the same time I found the solution, Verizon learned it also ( I don't think the issue involved most phones).  I've always found Verizon helpful.  Samsung's technical supp was contacted multiple times about the issue, I pleaded that they would notify their supervisors of the issue....although they said they would, they didn't.  Frankly I feel the issue is there weren't a large volume of G Nexs sold and Samsung wasn't motivated to help/come up w/ a fix.  I got my Nexus the first of the year, immediately while leaving Best Buy, the system started updating.  The number pad where you can select options/enter acct #'s didn't work properly. I couldn't access my bank account, voice mail, etc.  Verizon tried to help by changing my pass code for the voice mail..nothing worked.  A week later, Droid Forums had posted to turn off the speaker phone, enter the #'s and turn it back on...that was a fix.  Best Buy did every thing they could as they did not want me to have a refurbished phone. Approx the same time I found the solution, Verizon learned it also ( I don't think the issue involved most phones).  I've always found Verizon helpful.  Samsung's technical supp was contacted multiple times about the issue, I pleaded that they would notify their supervisors of the issue....although they said they would, they didn't.  Frankly I feel the issue is there weren't a large volume of G Nexs sold and Samsung wasn't motivated to help/come up w/ a fix. I got my Nexus the first of the year, immediately while leaving Best Buy, the system started updating.  The number pad where you can select options/enter acct #'s didn't work properly. I couldn't access my bank account, voice mail, etc.  Verizon tried to help by changing my pass code for the voice mail..nothing worked.  A week later, Droid Forums had posted to turn off the speaker phone, enter the #'s and turn it back on...that was a fix.  Best Buy did every thing they could as they did not want me to have a refurbished phone. Approx the same time I found the solution, Verizon learned it also ( I don't think the issue involved most phones).  I've always found Verizon helpful.  Samsung's technical supp was contacted multiple times about the issue, I pleaded that they would notify their supervisors of the issue....although they said they would, they didn't.  Frankly I feel the issue is there weren't a large volume of G Nexs sold and Samsung wasn't motivated to help/come up w/ a fix.  With the recent ICS update, that's gone away. I'm a big lover of Launcher Pro and  I believe Launcher Pro was in conflict w/ the Nexus and ICS.  My phone would shut itself down and reboot periodically....as time moved on, it occurred more often...sometimes twice w/in 30min.....I'd just about rather hang myself than reset my phone to factory....so I put up w/ it.  With the recent ICS update, that's gone away also. I've always had dropped calls/loss of service even though I live in the heart of a city....that's the major conflict I've had w/ Sprint and Verizon....both verified that I live in a black hole for cell coverage.  I could understand if I lived in the sticks...So from that stand point...I wouldn't have thought bad service is the 4G or Nexus.  So my issues are dropped calls and bad connections.  Recently my phone gets hot when not charging peroidodically....not sure why.
Hmmm, this is what I see <Photo link deleted for privacy per the .> So what about the Nexus, would leaving the screen on damage the display? thanks, Cyn Message was edited by: Verizon M... Ver más...
Hmmm, this is what I see <Photo link deleted for privacy per the .> So what about the Nexus, would leaving the screen on damage the display? thanks, Cyn Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
Is that a problem w/ my phone? Also I'm on technical support trying to find out how to contact the forum administrator.  I do not want my full name displayed when posting and I can't find a wa... Ver más...
Is that a problem w/ my phone? Also I'm on technical support trying to find out how to contact the forum administrator.  I do not want my full name displayed when posting and I can't find a way to change that, thanks, Cyn
Apparently, there's the bootloader or download mode also that's mentioned in the "unalble to factory reset" discussions by turnandburn.. 
A while back, I was given info as to restart my nexus in the safe mode as there might possibly be an app conflict.  I was able to get into that mode, but didn't see how it would help me locate a ... Ver más...
A while back, I was given info as to restart my nexus in the safe mode as there might possibly be an app conflict.  I was able to get into that mode, but didn't see how it would help me locate a conflicting app. It's would be good to have the list of possible modes, their function, and how to rebott the phone into that mode, thanks, Cyn
Factory reset should take you back to 4.0.2, but you will get the update notices
I live in a black hole for cell coverage, my home is in the middle of a middle sized city.  I've had dropped calls w/ Sprint, they sent a technician down and he varified that the signal strength ... Ver más...
I live in a black hole for cell coverage, my home is in the middle of a middle sized city.  I've had dropped calls w/ Sprint, they sent a technician down and he varified that the signal strength fluctuated.  Same issue w/ Verizon, they thought the issue would improve when they combined towers w/ Autel over a year ago.  I still have trouble.  My argument has always been do I need to move under their tower, or how about they send me an antennae to improve my signal.  I could understand if I lived out in the boonies, but I'm in the heart of the city's coverage.  Why should I have to buy there expensive net device to boost my signal.....I think they should provide it.  There were numersous documented dropped calls while talking to tech support. The other option for vast improvement would be wifi calling, which T-Mobile has...my daughter lives out in the sticks in upstate Maine and it works great.  That would obviously be a solution for me, will Verizon be having the wifi calling option anytime soon?
Since 4.4 update, my phone will not stay awake while connected to power as before, the screen blacks out in 10min which is the setting I have the display on. BTW, what has happened to the foru... Ver más...
Since 4.4 update, my phone will not stay awake while connected to power as before, the screen blacks out in 10min which is the setting I have the display on. BTW, what has happened to the forum format?  I don't like the changes, I like seeing the postings as before as w/ a regular forum, Cyn
Thanks, I've unchecked it and will try it on tech supp at Verizon....geeeez I kept trying to select #3 for tech support option
where is the proximity sensor located?  BTW, my screen timeout is set to 10min.
I believe if I press the power button, it will disconnect the call....although I think there's a setting where I selected that option. If the number pad comes back on, will it stay there?
Thank you so much, I used 2 hands this time & got it, I appreciate you replying that you could get in the safe mode. OK, so now I'm here, how do I find troublesome apps that might be causing t... Ver más...
Thank you so much, I used 2 hands this time & got it, I appreciate you replying that you could get in the safe mode. OK, so now I'm here, how do I find troublesome apps that might be causing trouble?????