Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,663 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

cynindesign's Posts

I was w/ a client who was having trouble w/ his iPhone email and decided to configure mine while there....didn't think I needed it...BUT I LIKE IT!!!  Any rate, I asked the few people who were wo... See more...
I was w/ a client who was having trouble w/ his iPhone email and decided to configure mine while there....didn't think I needed it...BUT I LIKE IT!!!  Any rate, I asked the few people who were working w/ someone why couldn't I connect to the web....my battery was at 25% but it was plugged into power...and they told me it was because of my low battery, that when it's at 50% or lower, the phone blocks it to prevent further drain....I told them it's not so as long as the phone is receiving power...they disagreed.  When I left, I attached my power cord in my car and still couldn't connect....all four bars of the data indicator were grayed out, I didn't think much of that as the wifi indicator grays out too even when the connection is excellent.  Drove away...imagine that, I connected.  There was apparently no signal at the store...imagine that?  I don't like getting lied to or were they just dumb or my phone is the only one to do this....which is it? As for my client, no one was of any help, nor was VW customer service, our web hosting guy was kind enough to come to the center....he's helped many of his customers set up their email on iPhone and Android...he doesn't have an iPhone himself, he has a Galaxy SIII provided by his daughter who works for T-Mobile and loves it....  Anyway, VW messed up the connection by deleting the account from his phone and didn't/couldn't get it to work.  My clients issue wasn't connectivity, he and I set that up w/ the help of our IT guy months ago....the issue was when he sent an email from his phone, there was no record in the SENT folder....it stayed empty....which would be a problem.  Well it took a while but the IT guy went through his own phone settings to use as a comparison for the iPhone, he was eventually able to figure it out....
Don't think so.....my nails can get really long sometimes before I get around to filing them down....it would help so much to be able to use my nails to type as I would have more accuracy than us... See more...
Don't think so.....my nails can get really long sometimes before I get around to filing them down....it would help so much to be able to use my nails to type as I would have more accuracy than using my finger tips...
This forum is about Nexus, and not unrelated argumentative comments....which I just proved guilty myself........ There was no haste about it, and this is the first I've responded to you and yo... See more...
This forum is about Nexus, and not unrelated argumentative comments....which I just proved guilty myself........ There was no haste about it, and this is the first I've responded to you and you apparently have "selective" memory. You said: I quote; " I will never recommend this company to anyone but AARP members that need a company as agile as they are." I refuse to join AARP as I feel they have let their members down. Back to topic, I've had trouble w/ dropped calls w/ Sprint and Verizon... apparently I live in a black hole for cell reception. I'm supposed to buy a network extender that costs over $250 to make up for my poor reception. Frankly I think they should provide it as I live in the heart of a city and not out in the sticks. I could get a refurbished one for a $100 but they never have them in stock. Seeing the poor reception on the list, I guess that's why. My son-in-law is in management of a T-Mobile calling center. They have wifi calling which would probably help many on this list. My daughter has a Samsung Galaxy II which has wifi calling.....I think it would be a GREAT feature for Verizon to provide. I requested it long ago before following this list since the first of the year
I think your comment about AARP is uncalled for, if you don't die young, you will get old also. Us old people have enough problems as will you someday
By creating GROUPS, I've not used the base messaging system, I use GoSMS, but w/ my Droid a few years ago, I had to start the groups on my Google site as Handsent nor messenger didn't have that o... See more...
By creating GROUPS, I've not used the base messaging system, I use GoSMS, but w/ my Droid a few years ago, I had to start the groups on my Google site as Handsent nor messenger didn't have that option.  I've never used the messenger that came w/ my GNex, but it's easy to create and edit groups in GoSMS....which is free
<Post deleted for discussion of rooting and hacking per the .  This post will now be locked.> Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
2 things: Battery Life.....I bought Power Matt's external power pack, it was next to useless, it would extend my orig Droid use but not fully recharge the battery....I latter washed it in the ... See more...
2 things: Battery Life.....I bought Power Matt's external power pack, it was next to useless, it would extend my orig Droid use but not fully recharge the battery....I latter washed it in the washer machine accidentally, which was a good thing, it didn't like the idea and refused to work.  I bought a Zagg Sparq at Radio Shack, as my new Droid Razr battery didn't last long and it WOULD totally recharge the Razr 4 times and a month later I took it back because people complained that it garbled speach....and hearing the calls had a lot of artifacts.  The Sparq will recharge my GNex 4 times also, so I pretty much take it w/ me when I'm going to be gone a while.  I've not experienced any issues w/ the Sparq and pretty well keep it charged all the time and occasionally will recycle by attaching my old cell and the GNex to drain the power and fully recharge it.  The Sparq has 6000mAh but there's a newer one out there by Trent looks like from 5200mAh to 12000mAh, the latter should do even a better job. I also purchased zip cord for recharging, the wiring is so much lighter weight pulling on the phone. Priority of updates...I just remembered that T-Mobile lost 706,000 customers due to the iPhone issue...that HAD to help out ATT and Verizon.....T-Mobil was caught in the possibility of ATT buying them out, I gues didn't carry them as ATT already had them....this all happened just before Verizon acquired them.  Also I understand that the iPhone .....profit margin was minimal on the phone....if they didn't actually lose money by adding them to their line up.  The accessories for the iPhone and providing service was the only gain.
i got it installed ok, but after adding my info it ran an update which failed, got the "this item isn't available in your country or by your carrier" message.  On another thread, it was said this... See more...
i got it installed ok, but after adding my info it ran an update which failed, got the "this item isn't available in your country or by your carrier" message.  On another thread, it was said this was discussed to search for it, but I didn't find it. Does someone know how to get around this?
so far not finding it, if someone has the info as to how to update google wallet w/o getting this message: "this item isn't available in your country or by your carrier" , please post it for me... See more...
so far not finding it, if someone has the info as to how to update google wallet w/o getting this message: "this item isn't available in your country or by your carrier" , please post it for me, thanks.
Shoot, it's trying to update and I get the error message "this item isn't available in your country or by your carrier".  Is there a work around for this? Looked at the ratings....there's a re... See more...
Shoot, it's trying to update and I get the error message "this item isn't available in your country or by your carrier".  Is there a work around for this? Looked at the ratings....there's a request for Verizon to support this app....why didn't they in the first place?
It is on droid life, but now it's an app you just need to download.  I downloaded it to dropbox and needed to rename it....you'll see all those dots in the name, couldn't get dropbox to upload it... See more...
It is on droid life, but now it's an app you just need to download.  I downloaded it to dropbox and needed to rename it....you'll see all those dots in the name, couldn't get dropbox to upload it.  Got it installed ok'ed the permissions and am looking at it now.  Thanks for the info
I found the google info where they post the phone's factory image w/ latest software w/ each carrier....To date I haven't felt the need to root my phone, etc. and was concerned that it would loos... See more...
I found the google info where they post the phone's factory image w/ latest software w/ each carrier....To date I haven't felt the need to root my phone, etc. and was concerned that it would loose it's trade in value....if a person has serious problems w/ JB or it's trade in time, they could return the phone's condition to factory issue, right?
I find your remarks flippant and crass, there are many who have given up their land lines and rely totally on their cells when not at work.   When things go wrong, they might not be around others... See more...
I find your remarks flippant and crass, there are many who have given up their land lines and rely totally on their cells when not at work.   When things go wrong, they might not be around others....a parking building after hours, emergencies at night time, neighbors not at home......they don't have to be out in the woods to not have anyone around.... IDK, why would be asking too much to get the service customers pay for, cell companies certainly like to be paid the full price every month.....on time. Message was edited by: (Removed personal information to comply with VZW Community ToS) Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
911 calls:  I've participated in hundreds of code blues in a hospital....it's easier to respond for someone you don't know/work with etc. than someone in your family.  When minutes count, you don... See more...
911 calls:  I've participated in hundreds of code blues in a hospital....it's easier to respond for someone you don't know/work with etc. than someone in your family.  When minutes count, you don't need to be dicking w/ a stupid phone....any brand/kind.  How can you give CPR and check to see if you have a signal?  Get real!!!  It's hard enough to hit the right buttons let alone troubleshoot a cell. I swear the first time my husband  fell out due to arrhythmias(ventricular tachycardia) the ventricles of the heart may flutter or beat so fast that it's ineffective, so the blood pressure falls.  I was so scared that my own pulse was bounding at my finger tips that I couldn't tell if it was his pulse or mine.   So yeah.......having a screwed up phone could make all the difference to where someone might live or die.....need I say more?  That was years ago, Bill died in 93....so I now live in a black hole for cell phone coverage, Sprint verified the loss of signal by having a technician drive around my neighborhood.  Switched carriers Verizon thought when they combined w/ Autel's towers that it would be a fix.  I live in the heart of a city w/ no tall buildings near, but there are trees....IDK, I just found out I can get a refurbished network extender for $100 vs $260 for a new one, that I might do that when I get back from visiting my daughter in upstate Maine...supposedly covers 5k square feet.
Adam, this came out automatically some time ago
I spoke w/ my son last night, he's w/ Sprint and he still doesn't have ICS.....so I guess it's all carriers.....I just can't see paying full price for a unlocked phone by not going w/ a carrier. ... See more...
I spoke w/ my son last night, he's w/ Sprint and he still doesn't have ICS.....so I guess it's all carriers.....I just can't see paying full price for a unlocked phone by not going w/ a carrier.  The annoying thing is I paid $400 for mine in Jan.  I enjoy my phone so much more w/ the 4.0.4 update, I feel for those who are still having a lot of problems. Bartley wrote: You have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. You have a "Toro" Galaxy Nexus version which is CDMA and not GSM. The official version of Jelly Bean is not available to the Verizon Galaxy Nexus in any way shape or form. subsidized phone.... So are you saying no Verizon Galaxy Nexus will be available for JB update?  If so what's what's the point of all the JB posts?  Or is it just my version?  Well I suppose I could have a cow, but I intend to upgrade my phone in 2yrs to a quadcore anyway..  My previous phone was a Moto Droid and it didn't even have Gingerbread....so ICS was a GREAT update for me.  Too bad Google isn't a carrier, I've certainly enjoyed the connection to them
>Post deleted for violating VZW ToS.< Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
I use GoSMS messaging, and one of the features it has is GoChat.  Since signing up for it although I don't use it, it allows me to send files, pics, using their cloud system I'm not sure on the r... See more...
I use GoSMS messaging, and one of the features it has is GoChat.  Since signing up for it although I don't use it, it allows me to send files, pics, using their cloud system I'm not sure on the receiving part.....that would be even better.  They also allow larger images, videos, files to be sent via messenger....If this will help anyone.
I use battery solo widget, it turns blue when charging and green when not connected to power....also tells you what % your battery is charged....that might help
More info " However, if you happen to own the Galaxy Nexus, you’ll be happy to hear that Jelly Bean OTA update is available for manual install. As always, there’s a catch: the update doesn’t fit ... See more...
More info " However, if you happen to own the Galaxy Nexus, you’ll be happy to hear that Jelly Bean OTA update is available for manual install. As always, there’s a catch: the update doesn’t fit all Galaxy Nexus versions out there, so if you’re not in possession of the “Takju” U.S. GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus you’re out of luck, as the 156MB update will not work on your Nexus device. Moreover, there’s a chance the update will only work with the Galaxy Nexus units handed out to developers at Google I/O, as those devices came with Ice Cream Sandwich installed....Don’t despair though, worse case scenario you’ll have to wait a few more weeks for Google to roll out the OTA update that will work on all Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus versions, as well as on the Xoom tablet. Not to mention that until then developers may find a way to have Jelly Bean running on these devices and maybe even other smartphones and tablets. Link from (removed link to comply with VZW Community ToS) So how do you find out if you have a “Takju” U.S. GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus? From (removed link to comply with VZW Community ToS) Download Android System Info (electricsheep) free. Under the System tab, expand the BuilInfos + and you will see it (removed link to comply with VZW Community ToS) Dang I have the mysid......how many versions are there?  Again, it looks like Google will be pushing the updates Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (CM)