Has anyone experienced scratching of their Moto Z product's camera lens/glass and found a way to buff or smooth out the scratches? With the camera protruding out from the body, that glass is a... Ver más...
Has anyone experienced scratching of their Moto Z product's camera lens/glass and found a way to buff or smooth out the scratches? With the camera protruding out from the body, that glass is an easy target for scratching, even with a case. Will toothpaste or baking soda be enough? Eyeglass scratch repair kit?
Same issue here. S5 is less than 1 year old. Does not recognize the charger often. Cleaned the port and it still happens intermittently. Can the port be replaced without replacing the entire p... Ver más...
Same issue here. S5 is less than 1 year old. Does not recognize the charger often. Cleaned the port and it still happens intermittently. Can the port be replaced without replacing the entire phone?
Similar issue with my recently updated S5. The latest Verizon software update adding 2 new, but useless, features to Lollipop software appears to have caused the issue. My phone was activated aro... Ver más...
Similar issue with my recently updated S5. The latest Verizon software update adding 2 new, but useless, features to Lollipop software appears to have caused the issue. My phone was activated around November 2014. My Father's S5 is several months older & my wife's was just activated a couple months ago. Neither of them have installed the new software patch and neither has an issue. My phone will intermittently reject any charger - including all OEM Samsung S5 USB 3.0 chargers, my Moto car charger & simple USB cables to PC. Requires a reboot at minimum & possibly a full shut down with battery removal for the issue to resolve temporarily. Wishing I never installed Android 5 - lost 24 hours of battery life at that moment too. Verizon Wireless Customer Support     Is there a simple solution not requiring a factory reset?
Checking if anyone else has this issue or a similar one and if there is a fix. My stock Rezound will not stream music over bluetooth to my car stereo. Older phones would work properly (Droid X... Ver más...
Checking if anyone else has this issue or a similar one and if there is a fix. My stock Rezound will not stream music over bluetooth to my car stereo. Older phones would work properly (Droid X & X2) without much of an issue. The Rezound will play a few seconds of music at a very fast speed and/or garbled, will pause, then do it again. Plugging the earpiece jack into to the radio directly allows it to play normally.  Anyone with this issue? Any suggestions? Would hate to get a refurb at this point. Gracias.
Same issue here on Droid X with Android 2.3.340 Uninstalled the account, reinstalled, still not Pushing email, calendar is now not syncing for Exchange account. Yes, I tried powering down and r... Ver más...
Same issue here on Droid X with Android 2.3.340 Uninstalled the account, reinstalled, still not Pushing email, calendar is now not syncing for Exchange account. Yes, I tried powering down and removing the battery. No, my company's server does not have any restrictions. This issue is all over the Motorolla forums.  Most common theme is when the phone 'sleeps' it doesn't pay any attention to our power and data settings. Issue is also not just with Exchange accounts.  Same issue with AOL now.  FYI, this is my 3rd refurb since 9-10-10.  Verizon needs to work with Motorolla and Android to fix the bugs.  
I am on my 3rd replacement Droid X. If you take the refurb and have new issues, the sooner you call the better. The 2nd refurb they sent me had a dead pixel out of the box. Called up and they did... Ver más...
I am on my 3rd replacement Droid X. If you take the refurb and have new issues, the sooner you call the better. The 2nd refurb they sent me had a dead pixel out of the box. Called up and they didn't ask anything else, didn't transfer me, just agreed to send another refurb that day.  Now, this 3rd refurb is having Push email issues.  Other Droid users in the office had similar issues temporarily, but appear to be fine now.  Motorolla's forum shows that these issues we are all seeing are common.  Check there for more tips. Keep getting refurbs as often as needed and it will increase their warranty.  The more it costs to keep us in refurbs, the greater the chance they will either fix the problems or upgrade us earlier.
Waiting for my 3rd replacement phone.  Original lost GPS, 2nd had poor screen, sound, and software. Now a dead pixel.
Refurb is junk - screen is bad and bleeds colors when pressed, earpiece crackles.   Looking for a good backup app that will let me transfer all settings and preferences to the next refurb devic... Ver más...
Refurb is junk - screen is bad and bleeds colors when pressed, earpiece crackles.  Looking for a good backup app that will let me transfer all settings and preferences to the next refurb device....  Any ideas?
My GPS stopped working just after the 30-day cutoff for new replacements.  Search the posts for "GPS connection".  Looks like this is becoming more of an issue than just a 1-off problem.  Please ... See more...
My GPS stopped working just after the 30-day cutoff for new replacements.  Search the posts for "GPS connection".  Looks like this is becoming more of an issue than just a 1-off problem.  Please let me know what you have and have not tried.
I lost GPS and it turns out the sensor is not working. Turning on WiFi is great if you are walking near coffee shops.  But if you have lost your GPS sat connection, you should check into it.  I a... See more...
I lost GPS and it turns out the sensor is not working. Turning on WiFi is great if you are walking near coffee shops.  But if you have lost your GPS sat connection, you should check into it.  I am expecting a recertified phone this week for this issue. aGPS and WiFi are only cheap imitations. Please let us know the whole story.
Updated: Spoke to tech support for an hour who confirmed I tried all the right tests on my own previously.  They contacted Motorola who does not know of any issues with the GPS sensor.  Customer ... See more...
Updated: Spoke to tech support for an hour who confirmed I tried all the right tests on my own previously.  They contacted Motorola who does not know of any issues with the GPS sensor.  Customer service contacted my VZ store to see if they would extend a courtesy exchange for a new one as VZ will not.  No luck.  Expecting a recert phone this Friday.  Not happy.  Would love to know if anyone else has a GPS sensor failure.
Outdoors, indoors, doesn't matter - no signal.  I used to get a lock indoors by windows though - when it was working.
I've had a working Droid X for just over 30 days and suddenly the GPS will not receive a signal and lock.  I have downloaded both GPS Status and GPS Test applications AFTER the issue started.  Bo... See more...
I've had a working Droid X for just over 30 days and suddenly the GPS will not receive a signal and lock.  I have downloaded both GPS Status and GPS Test applications AFTER the issue started.  Both apps show that I am not seeing any satellites.  I've removed applications installed in the week before the failure, powered down and removed the battery, all the basics with no success.  Before I hard-reset and lose most of my settings, does anyone have any suggestions or had this issue?  aGPS or cell tower triangluation works spotty at best.  Customer service wants to replace my new phone with a recertified (USED) phone.  Gracias.