Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,853 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

cman0928's Posts

I ordered my 16GB black iPhone 5 back on 10/7. I received it yesterday, 10/31. Out of the box I had two cosmetic issues, though they really were rather minor. A scratch on the front of the phone ... See more...
I ordered my 16GB black iPhone 5 back on 10/7. I received it yesterday, 10/31. Out of the box I had two cosmetic issues, though they really were rather minor. A scratch on the front of the phone to the left of the front-facing camera and a nick on the back of the phone on the beveled edge behind the lock button. I was willing to overlook those issues until I turned on the device and tried out the camera. The rear-facing camera was all blurry when viewing anything more than couple feet away. Light was distorted and I was also getting the rumored "purple flare" effect. Very disappointing. I made an appointment at the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store and they deemed the device defective and offered me an unboxed replacement. For all of you out there, it's basically a refurbished phone. But Apple calls them "remanufactured" phones. Same thing though. I told the technician I wasn't taking a used phone to replace one I had received defective the previous day. He said he understood, gave me some paperwork stating the phone was a dud, and told me to give it to VZW. I called VZW when I got home and the process of exchanging the phone was pretty painless. The problem now remains, I have to wait another 3 weeks before they have any available stock to send me. The wait continues....
Placed my order for a 16GB black model on 10/7. I got a shipment notification this morning saying it will be here on Wednesday 10/31. It's shipping from Memphis. I'm sure this Hurricane will dela... See more...
Placed my order for a 16GB black model on 10/7. I got a shipment notification this morning saying it will be here on Wednesday 10/31. It's shipping from Memphis. I'm sure this Hurricane will delay things, but whatever. At least it's on the way.
It will be worth the wait. When they unveiled the iPhone 5 in San Francisco on September 12th I was less than impressed. So it was a bit thinner and taller than the 4S. Big deal. But then I went ... See more...
It will be worth the wait. When they unveiled the iPhone 5 in San Francisco on September 12th I was less than impressed. So it was a bit thinner and taller than the 4S. Big deal. But then I went to Best Buy and played with their display model and I knew I had to get one. It just looks so sleek (black model) and feels so nice in hand. I, like most, was initially hoping Apple would recreate the entire device, now I'm kind of glad that they just made minor adjustments and kept what has been proven to work. I stand by my feelings that Android is probably the better of the two OS's, as you could play with an Android phone for weeks and not get bored with it. iOS is more for people that want something made simple and straightforward. I've owned Android phones in the past and I come from a family of Mac users, so I can appreciate both operating systems equally.
Patience is a virtue. When they give you an estimated ship date, it's just that, an estimate. Nothing is guaranteed. Usually I'm the first to blame VZW for their many shortcomings. However in thi... See more...
Patience is a virtue. When they give you an estimated ship date, it's just that, an estimate. Nothing is guaranteed. Usually I'm the first to blame VZW for their many shortcomings. However in this situation it's on Apple I think. They simply can't produce units quickly enough to meet the demand. Relax, you'll get your phones. I've been waiting since 10/7. If you want it sooner and are tired of waiting cancel your order and go to an Apple Store.
Not a thing here.
@ NidiaA_VZW What?!? It's a worldwide issue that has gotten so big Apple VP Paul Schiller had to address it personally. CNET and other tech media outlets have done feature stories on this prob... See more...
@ NidiaA_VZW What?!? It's a worldwide issue that has gotten so big Apple VP Paul Schiller had to address it personally. CNET and other tech media outlets have done feature stories on this problem. It even has a name, 'Scuffgate'. If you haven't heard of anything, it's because you haven't looked, not because it doesn't exist. His white iPhone 5 DID arrive with issues. So the question now becomes, what will VZW do for him?
Yeah. I think at this point with demand clearly exceeding supply, it's just a wait and be patient type of deal. Plus, you just ordered yesterday. What about the rest of us that have been waiting ... See more...
Yeah. I think at this point with demand clearly exceeding supply, it's just a wait and be patient type of deal. Plus, you just ordered yesterday. What about the rest of us that have been waiting 3 or so weeks already? lol
None whatsoever.
I hear you. I've raised my voice before, but I've never sworn. Just be cool. You'll benefit from doing so.
I spoke to an ex-Verizon employee once and he gave me some sound advice. He told me the key thing is to never swear or insult the rep you speak to. That leads to a notation, which in turn leads t... See more...
I spoke to an ex-Verizon employee once and he gave me some sound advice. He told me the key thing is to never swear or insult the rep you speak to. That leads to a notation, which in turn leads to them being able to justify not helping you. But that's a basic respect thing anyways. I try and remember when I have an issue that the person I'm talking to on the other end of the line isn't directly responsible for my problem, so I try and be patient and keep a cool head. Cooler heads always prevail. If you respect them they are more likely to go out of their way to help you. It's just human nature, really.
Well I wouldn't hold my breath in regards to getting it any sooner than the 16th. People that were told theirs would ship by the 26th just got their credit cards charged today, which means their ... See more...
Well I wouldn't hold my breath in regards to getting it any sooner than the 16th. People that were told theirs would ship by the 26th just got their credit cards charged today, which means their phones will ship tomorrow, on the 26th. My phone is supposed to be shipped out by November 2nd. I'm expecting it to happen no sooner than that.
I won't argue with that statement, jondal. Just stick with it and be persistent if you have issues with VZW in the future. It's like anything else in life, the more on top of it you are the bette... See more...
I won't argue with that statement, jondal. Just stick with it and be persistent if you have issues with VZW in the future. It's like anything else in life, the more on top of it you are the better your results will be. Most of the time anyways. There are plenty of good people at Verizon that will go out of their way to help you, you just have to find them. Best of luck and hang in there.
FedEx and 15 digits.
Verizon gave you a hard time? No way! I'm being sarcastic, of course. I'm not surprised they wouldn't help you. Luckily with an Apple product you have the option of going to an Apple Store for he... See more...
Verizon gave you a hard time? No way! I'm being sarcastic, of course. I'm not surprised they wouldn't help you. Luckily with an Apple product you have the option of going to an Apple Store for help or an exchange/replacement. Unlike with Motorola, Samsung, and LG, among others. When I received my iPhone 4S over the summer I noticed as soon as I took it out of the box there was a chip in the glass on the front of the phone directly below the lock button. Not huge, but it was noticeable. I ended up sending it back because I couldn't get any reception in my house with it whatsoever. Not sure what that was all about, but I wouldn't have kept it anyways. People will argue that you only spent $200 for the phone, a minor cosmetic defect shouldn't be a big deal. But I disagree. Had I kept that phone and had that chip in the glass eventually gotten bigger or became a larger problem, Verizon would have wanted to know why I hadn't reported it when I first received the device. Just use your head in situations like this. A buddy of mine recently (pre iPhone 5 release) bought an iPhone 4 from a Verizon store after his Droid went south on him. He paid $99 and, of course, agreed to extend his contract by two years. After having the phone for 5 weeks the volume buttons wouldn't work anymore. Then the home button started acting up. So he goes back to the store where he originally purchased the phone. They tell him they aren't responsible, go see Apple. He makes the half-hour drive to the nearest Apple Store to be told to go back and see Verizon. Upon inspection at the Apple Store they tell him the devices moisture sensors have been triggered, that there is rust buildup near the antenna as a result, and that there appears to be gold replacement parts inside the phone. He never got it wet and he paid for what he was told was a brand new device. He goes back to the Verizon store and they AGAIN refuse to help him out. He even was given a letter by the Apple Store stating that the phone had gold parts inside, which he was told by Apple, they don't use when manufacturing their phones. He goes home, calls Apple, and they tell him to send it in. He overnights it and two days later he has a brand new iPhone 4 at his doorstep. So Apple ended up doing the right thing. But Verizon was willing to let this guy walk away over a phone that, less than two months later, would be free with a new two year contract. Makes absolutely no sense. But that's Verizon for you!
Shut 4G off in settings. It's an issue with VZW's LTE network. Once you shut it off your clock should reset once you turn the device off and then on again.
Ordered 10/7, 16GB black iPhone 5. No change in order status, and no charge to a card that I'm aware of. I've received the case and screen protectors that I ordered about a week ago (not through ... See more...
Ordered 10/7, 16GB black iPhone 5. No change in order status, and no charge to a card that I'm aware of. I've received the case and screen protectors that I ordered about a week ago (not through VZW) so I'd have them when the device arrived, however. Now I just need a phone to put them on.
Anthrax: Honestly though bro, if that's the only scratch on the device, you're doing alright. We've both seen/heard much worse stories over on the Apple forum. How about that guy that's been thro... See more...
Anthrax: Honestly though bro, if that's the only scratch on the device, you're doing alright. We've both seen/heard much worse stories over on the Apple forum. How about that guy that's been through six phones and today the one they sent him sounds like it has loose pieces rattling around inside when he shakes it? That's insane and an absolutely unacceptable device. So one little scratch on an otherwise flawless phone isn't a dealbreaker. Just throw a case you really like over it and wait til they receive your black one back so you can place another order.
Anthrax just received his phone (production week 41 or 42) which was built just a couple weeks ago and his still has a scratch. Apple hasn't figured this issue out yet it appears. Expect to get a... See more...
Anthrax just received his phone (production week 41 or 42) which was built just a couple weeks ago and his still has a scratch. Apple hasn't figured this issue out yet it appears. Expect to get a phone with at least one cosmetic issue and you won't be overly disappointed. Just remember you have 14 days through VZW to make an exchange or you can call Apple directly. They've been helping people out quite a bit.
Same here. Ordered the morning of 10/7 (Black 16GB) and have yet to receive a shipping notification. When I check the stats via the VZW website the spot where the tracking number should be is bla... See more...
Same here. Ordered the morning of 10/7 (Black 16GB) and have yet to receive a shipping notification. When I check the stats via the VZW website the spot where the tracking number should be is blank. I doubt we see our phones early at this point.
Yeah, I see it. Right below the + button on the beveled edge. Not too bad of a scratch that you can't deal with if need be, but really you shouldn't have to make any sacrifices when you're paying... See more...
Yeah, I see it. Right below the + button on the beveled edge. Not too bad of a scratch that you can't deal with if need be, but really you shouldn't have to make any sacrifices when you're paying for a brand new device.