Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,740 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Salisbury's Posts

Hi Frankie0z, check out this link, there's a great amount of info about iCloud and various things you may want to do. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204247 
 Hi Linda26, what you'd need to do is open iTunes on the computer and connect the iPhone to a USB port. From there you can covert the song to a ringtone. This does involve a number of steps to do, ca... See more...
 Hi Linda26, what you'd need to do is open iTunes on the computer and connect the iPhone to a USB port. From there you can covert the song to a ringtone. This does involve a number of steps to do, can be a little confusing at first. 
  Hi Lorac1952, do you happen to be a customer of Xfinity internet? If so they have hotspots everywhere including Florida. That you'll be able to access from your iPhone WI-Fi setting using your Xfin... See more...
  Hi Lorac1952, do you happen to be a customer of Xfinity internet? If so they have hotspots everywhere including Florida. That you'll be able to access from your iPhone WI-Fi setting using your Xfinity user name and password for free. If you're not a Xfinity customer they sell their Wi-Fi hotspot passes, by the hour, day, week, or month, the monthly is around $54 dollars. They'll text a code to your iPhone so you can activate the pass. You can even use this with a desktop computer as well, without a modem. You'll get unlimited data for the month and fast speeds. If you're already on a postpaid Verizon account it might be difficult to use a prepaid card?
Hi TASHAR0711, have you tryed opening iTunes on the computer and then plug the iPhone into the USB port. That would be a good way on trying to resolve.
Hi klang123, if you have a smartphone with Verizon. It likely includes unlimited talk and text nation wide in the USA, with a data plan. The data plan is not provided as a ISP (internet service ... See more...
Hi klang123, if you have a smartphone with Verizon. It likely includes unlimited talk and text nation wide in the USA, with a data plan. The data plan is not provided as a ISP (internet service provider) would. And the smartphone with settings as a personal hotspot is not meant to become a sole use for internet. With that said. If you perhaps were a subscriber to Xfinity that is a major ISP. You could then go WIFI on a smartphone using your Xfinity account, and use hotspots everywhere, with unlimited bandwith and speed. Xfinity on the East coast, and Cox communications on the West coast are major ISP providers. Possibly Verizon with FIOS in some states has become a major force as a ISP. So you're unlikely to use any smartphone at this time with any major wireless carrier, and depend on that alone to provide you with a incredible data ISP experience at this time. It's likely to change.
  Hi DAVBOU62, most always I'll receive a Verizon LTE indication in the upper left corner of the iPhone. When at the gym I go to. I'll receive a 3g, 1x, but most of the times a no service signal.... See more...
  Hi DAVBOU62, most always I'll receive a Verizon LTE indication in the upper left corner of the iPhone. When at the gym I go to. I'll receive a 3g, 1x, but most of the times a no service signal. That is because it's a large steel/metal constructed building. So that's understandable being in that location where I'm not going to receive a good strong connection. Are you perhaps in a similar situation, and if not, in the vicinity of an electrical component that may be causing an interference? When changing locations does your signal strength improve?
  Hi mtlouverizon, if I understand this correctly? You're trying to exchange text messages as a group between multiple users, all included? If so are all users included and saved in your contacts... See more...
  Hi mtlouverizon, if I understand this correctly? You're trying to exchange text messages as a group between multiple users, all included? If so are all users included and saved in your contacts? I've experienced with the iPhone, when a group text message was received, and someone wasn't previously added to my contact list that was included in the text, it would create some difficulty with corresponding. Has your contact list been altered? As far as text messages the same as messages? Could you be more specific? regards Salisbury
HI dexman, yup you're right it is. Had just read the opening bold capture.
Hi JOEANY, tikibar1 has pointed out some good suggestions with the iPhone not being recognized via the USB port. Is this something that has been a persistent problem as mentioned? Windows 10 has... See more...
Hi JOEANY, tikibar1 has pointed out some good suggestions with the iPhone not being recognized via the USB port. Is this something that has been a persistent problem as mentioned? Windows 10 has been the best operating system with working with smartphones compared to the earlier operating systems. Sometimes when plugging an iPhone into a USB port, before starting the computer, and then starting the computer you'll find that the iPhone doesn't get recognized. Because the operating system wasn't fully loaded along with the drivers before hand.
Hi Ihatepixel2, that I wouldn't know. I've only transferred multimedia with desktop computers and at times with smartphones. Most of my participation has been at the Apple forum and not with iPho... See more...
Hi Ihatepixel2, that I wouldn't know. I've only transferred multimedia with desktop computers and at times with smartphones. Most of my participation has been at the Apple forum and not with iPhones, but multimedia players and compatibility. regards Salisbury
MICBAK, has a text messaging app been installed? Other than iMessages that comes by default with iPhone's? PS: is my Ghost Buster, Verizon forum employee contributor still working here?
Hi Thematt99, if I may enter the discussion. George did make a good point in regard to AD Block. But let me run a couple of more possible solutions by you. The first thing that stands out is you... See more...
Hi Thematt99, if I may enter the discussion. George did make a good point in regard to AD Block. But let me run a couple of more possible solutions by you. The first thing that stands out is you've pointed out the iPhone Apple iOS is 10.1.1 the current Apple iOS is 12.1.3 and the Verizon Carrier version update is 35.0.2 so you really should do the updates. Also if you go to Settings > Phone > Announce Calls you're best to select Never in the settings. Also make sure Airplane Mode is not turned ON. I assume your are getting some calls that are ringing? So the Ring/Silent switch in the upper left corner of the iPhone is turn ON, if it is turned to silent as you know it will show a red indication. regards Salisbury
MISCOO51, it's not very costly to have a iPhone screen repaired. I'll tell you from experience is to have it done at a Apple store. Reason being is that Apple runs test on the iPhone before repla... See more...
MISCOO51, it's not very costly to have a iPhone screen repaired. I'll tell you from experience is to have it done at a Apple store. Reason being is that Apple runs test on the iPhone before replacing the screen. But most important is they recalibrate the screen. That is not done by non Apple replacements because of the cost of the equipment to do it. And if you don't have repairs done by an Apple certified it voids any Apple warranty. The recalibration is major on how the iPhone responds after Apple does the repair.
Hi FedericoARG1971, it's unfortunate and will be very tough to get that iPhone working. Especially where Verizon blacklisted it. Apparently someone reported it stolen. Not only is Verizon very th... See more...
Hi FedericoARG1971, it's unfortunate and will be very tough to get that iPhone working. Especially where Verizon blacklisted it. Apparently someone reported it stolen. Not only is Verizon very thorough, but Apple is as well. It has to be considered that when it was reported stolen, then that person certainly had a iCloud account with Apple. The original Apple ID & Password would be required to reactivate the device with Apple. iCloud: Erase your device with Find My iPhone
Hi Bert, it seems the storage on the iPhone itself is maxed out? If that is the case. Perhaps this link my provide some info on offloading apps that are currently unused. To free up storage space... See more...
Hi Bert, it seems the storage on the iPhone itself is maxed out? If that is the case. Perhaps this link my provide some info on offloading apps that are currently unused. To free up storage space. How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
Hi SEAJER88, let's slow down and see if we can figure out some solutions at the forum here. Myself I've purchased two iPhone 6s plus 128 GB in the past, and still have one being used. So can you ... See more...
Hi SEAJER88, let's slow down and see if we can figure out some solutions at the forum here. Myself I've purchased two iPhone 6s plus 128 GB in the past, and still have one being used. So can you explain what seems to be the issue happening with the iPhone? See if we can get some participation on the forum and resolve this where you've been here for 15 yrs. regards Salisbury
ANDPIE6, going to Settings > Cellular and scrolling down should give a good indication how the data is being used. Also it's a good idea each month when the new data period begins, is to" Reset S... See more...
ANDPIE6, going to Settings > Cellular and scrolling down should give a good indication how the data is being used. Also it's a good idea each month when the new data period begins, is to" Reset Statistics" at the bottom of the page to get a good accuracy. Have you looked into these settings? Has Personal Hotspot been turned on? If that gets connected up to a computer it can go through gig's of data very quickly, especially when the computer starts pulling updates.
Ihatepixel2, have these files you're trying to transfer been uploaded to Google Drive at some point during the use of this Pixel? If so you should be able to transfer them to a computer from Goog... See more...
Ihatepixel2, have these files you're trying to transfer been uploaded to Google Drive at some point during the use of this Pixel? If so you should be able to transfer them to a computer from Google Drive. Once on the computer they'll be able to be transferred to the iPhone.
  Hi FedericoARG1971, in reading this post, I also can confirm that there is no Verizon store at the address you posted. In October I called Verizon to report a stolen iPhone that retailed for ... See more...
  Hi FedericoARG1971, in reading this post, I also can confirm that there is no Verizon store at the address you posted. In October I called Verizon to report a stolen iPhone that retailed for $1000. The Verizon girl I spoke with asked for all the numbers from the original box the iPhone came in. It was a nice conversation, she was very pleasant and funny. But to get to the point, when she was done with the iPhone it was wiped out. Verizon is very strict when it comes to iPhones and their customers. Where it's showing as blacklisted chances are none to get it working.
Hi awilli, there is no setting on the iPhone that will over ride the carrier Verizon. At some point restrictions were placed on the account. I don't know how controlling that they are? But they c... See more...
Hi awilli, there is no setting on the iPhone that will over ride the carrier Verizon. At some point restrictions were placed on the account. I don't know how controlling that they are? But they certainly are enough to stop some if not all of the service. The App My Verizon on the iPhone can give the ability to work with those. Verizon right now it giving some of the best prices of all carriers. It's unreal how good their prices are for what they offer. I'd suggest calling or going online to put a plan in place that works well. regards Salisbury