Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,248 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Bamabots's Posts

I want to thank Verizon for their generosity of free voice, text, and data the days after Hurricane Michael.  Verizon very generously offered our area free voice, data, and text for 5 days after ... See more...
I want to thank Verizon for their generosity of free voice, text, and data the days after Hurricane Michael.  Verizon very generously offered our area free voice, data, and text for 5 days after Hurricane Michael- right when we needed it the most! Most of Dothan lost power.  Comcast failed miserably as even before the hurricane hit our area cable and internet went down.  Save for Verizon, we were essentially cut off from the outside world when we needed it the most. Even during the worst of the storm Verizon Wireless was somehow still fully functioning so people were able to call and text me their situation.  I was able to get chainsaws and generators to my staff that needed them as soon as it was safe. At the office, we cobbled together a couple of WiFi hotspots that allowed us to start shipping on Friday so no one lost paychecks (I paid for Wednesday and Thursday). Amazon and eBay hold us to extreme shipping standards and even through the devastation we were able to keep our reputation as fast, reliable shippers in tact. It is clear Verizon takes their civic responsibility as a public service very seriously by planning for contingencies in times of major disaster. Thank you, Verizon!