Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,068 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Rosewynde's Posts

Bottom line for those that don't want to read through.  14 day return policy = if your brand new phone has a factory defect that doesn't show till after the 14 days you WILL be stuck with a refur... See more...
Bottom line for those that don't want to read through.  14 day return policy = if your brand new phone has a factory defect that doesn't show till after the 14 days you WILL be stuck with a refurbished phone of similar type (possibly not the same type you bought and are paying for).  Not a smart move to keep your customers happy Verizon.  You seriously should rethink this policy.  If it's a factory defect, not something the customer did, then you should be replacing it with a new version of the same EXACT type as long as you have them available (which you should as factory defects should show within the first few months).  I'm pretty sure the company your buying them from has a warranty policy that's MORE than 14 days! I've been a Verizon customer for over 15 years.  Yes, I agree it's generally more expensive than the competition, but i've always had good signal and support so we've been happy.  We recently purchased three BRAND NEW Droid Turbo phones through the Edge program, which we are all very happy with.  UNFORTUNATELY, mine started not allowing texts or calls within the first week, requiring me to constantly reset the phone.  It even ended with having issues recognizing a sim card or even connecting to the wi-fi at all. Since this was an intermittent issue I'd been working with support trying to see if it could be fixed.  When it was finally obvious it was a factory defect I asked about a replacement.  I was told that they had to ship me one from the manufacturer, I couldn't get a replacement at the store.  OK i thought i can wait one more day minus my phone as Verizon allows me to at least check txts online and I have a home phone.  Keep in mind this is a BRAND NEW PHONE that i'm still paying for and it wasn't cheap or free and I've been chatting online or making trips to the local store trying to get this fixed over the last week+. The phone comes.  It's NOT brand new it's a "Like New" from Verizon I.E. Refurbished Droid turbo.  It's NOT the same one i bought as it's the same color as my husbands, blue, when i bought a purple one.  There are plenty of NEW purple models in the stores near us. I've had this phone for less than a month, heck it's only slightly over the 14 days!  I DID NOT DAMAGE IT!  It was a factory defect that caused the problem.  It's been in a protective case with a screen protector since  i bought it (after all i paid the cost for these in YOUR store, again not cheap).  I spent days without a fully functioning cellphone while trying to debug the issues and you guys insist you cannot replace it with what I am paying for? Seriously?  SERIOUSLY!?!? Your customer support has been very very nice to me as i've talked to them.  I do NOT fault any of them.  They've been fantastic and all deserve kudos for sympathizing with my situation.  I Seriously Suggest that the higher ups that make these decisions rethink this policy.  It's seriously got me and mine considering going somewhere else.  Especially as i'm reading that i'm not the ONLY person that has been caught by this.  I know my parents already switched away from you.  The lowest plan they could get still had WAY more minutes than they could ever use, and wasn't cheap.  They've found a pay as you go company that works for them and has the same coverage and costs them at least half what they were paying through you guys.  Maybe that's where I should take all of our phones next. And to think i'd just been defending you all against one of my friends, who apparently has been recently run through the ringer with you guys too.  Just because you're a big well known company does not give you guys the right to overlook the customers.  That's how big companies find themselves in the Hole.