Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,124 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

tomc212's Posts

Thanks for the reply. I really am not sure when this started happening, it could be since I updated the phone to version NK1. I do not remember adding an app in the past few months, but the on... See more...
Thanks for the reply. I really am not sure when this started happening, it could be since I updated the phone to version NK1. I do not remember adding an app in the past few months, but the ones I do have on the phone have been updated except for the Samsung and Verizon ones that i never used.
Thanks for the reply.  The wifi advanced setting is set at always for "keep wifi on during sleep", which is the issue.
Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately the setting on my phone in Wifi / Advanced is already set to keep wifi on during sleep / Always.
Overnight, the wifi setting on my Samsung Galaxy toggles off.  This happens if the phone is bring charged of not being charged so i do not see it being a power saving issue. My Ipad is on the ... See more...
Overnight, the wifi setting on my Samsung Galaxy toggles off.  This happens if the phone is bring charged of not being charged so i do not see it being a power saving issue. My Ipad is on the same network and its wifi does not shut off so I think it has to be a setting on my phone.
Phone was fine after the wipe cache partition until this Wednesday when it really had problems.  Lost sound a few times during the day, which is an issue when you are using Google Navigation to g... See more...
Phone was fine after the wipe cache partition until this Wednesday when it really had problems.  Lost sound a few times during the day, which is an issue when you are using Google Navigation to get to an unknown place and the directions just stop being announced but the screen is still working through the step by step stuff.  End result was I did a factory reset Wednesday night and have been ok at the 3 day mark.  Hope it continues to work.
Thanks for the advice. Before i do a full factory reset I have tried to stop the problem with a wipe cache partition.  Waiting to see if the volume problem happens again.  Part of the issue is... See more...
Thanks for the advice. Before i do a full factory reset I have tried to stop the problem with a wipe cache partition.  Waiting to see if the volume problem happens again.  Part of the issue is that I do not know when the volume is being forced to 0.  I only know it has happened if I get a call, text,or email and the phone just vibrates..
For the past few weeks i have had a few instances of my phone volume basically shutting off by itself.  For example, I'll receive a phone call and instead of playing a ringtone and vibrating, the... See more...
For the past few weeks i have had a few instances of my phone volume basically shutting off by itself.  For example, I'll receive a phone call and instead of playing a ringtone and vibrating, the phone will only vibrate even if the phone was not set to vibrate only.  When i try to adjust the volume with the volume control buttons on the side, nothing happens.  The volume setting shows up on the screen, but does not change no matter how many times i press the up or down volume buttons.  If I try to move along the screen icon for media, ringtone, notifications, or system nothing happens.  If i push the hold the power button on the side, the sound icon is on, not the vibrate or mute icons.  If i select vibrate and then sound again, nothing changes. The only way i have been able to restart the volume on my S4 has been to restart the phone.  After the reboot, the sound is back, although not at the level i originally had it at. Any help is appreciated. -Tom
Still have the same reboot issue with my Droid. Have wiped the caches a few times and that did nothing as the phone would still reboot.  Did another FDR + wipe cache after i was woken up the o... See more...
Still have the same reboot issue with my Droid. Have wiped the caches a few times and that did nothing as the phone would still reboot.  Did another FDR + wipe cache after i was woken up the other day by the verizon droid animation playing 3 times in a row at 4am.  Took about 2 hours from the FDR for the first reboot and it's happened again and again.. I spent 2 weeks without power at home due to hurricane Sandy and having a Droid Bionic that reboots itself several times a day was not very helpful.  I went to the local Verizon store and told them i wiped the cache and did an FDR.  Was told that since my phone was older than 12 months i was out of warranty and there was nothing they could do. Any help is appreciated.
I did wipe the cache partition after the FDR. I did a 2nd FDR yesterday and manually added the apps back through Google Play.  The reboot problem happened again after less than a day and has n... See more...
I did wipe the cache partition after the FDR. I did a 2nd FDR yesterday and manually added the apps back through Google Play.  The reboot problem happened again after less than a day and has now happened another 3 time including 1 time when the phone rebooted twice in a row after the phone froze while being used. I just wiped the cache again and will see what that does for the next 48hrs.  Due to the storm on the east coast i'll put off doing anything for a few days.  Rather have a phone that sometimes works than one without the apps i might need. -Tom
Since the update to Android 4 my Bionic has rebooted itself about a few times a day.  This has happened while I have been using the phone and while the phone has been sitting idle. Before the ... See more...
Since the update to Android 4 my Bionic has rebooted itself about a few times a day.  This has happened while I have been using the phone and while the phone has been sitting idle. Before the Android update I moved all my pics and videos from my SD card to my PC,  then installed the OS update after getting it OTA.  I think everything went OK, but my phone rebooted itself about 1 hour later.  I did a factory data reset and later on that night the phone froze for about 10 seconds while using Google Reader and then rebooted.  The next day the phone rebooted while i was driving and using the Navigation app.  Later on the phone rebooted while sitting on my desk after not being used for a few hours.  I did a wipe cache that night, but in the middle of the night i was woken up by the phone rebooting into the Droid animation stuff while charging. Today has been the same thing, the most recent reboot was about 30 minutes ago when the phone was next to me, not being used for the past hour besides me checking twice to see who emailed me in the notification screen. I don't have too many apps and the ones i have are standard ones that never had a problem before the OS update. Someone told me to do another factory data reset, but that didn't seem to work out the first time i tried it. Thanks, Tom