Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,952 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

wkavan02's Posts

Stock version, fully up to date. I've even fiddled around with the settings to try and see if I can decrease the performance load of the keyboard. No success. It just seems like the KitKat update... See more...
Stock version, fully up to date. I've even fiddled around with the settings to try and see if I can decrease the performance load of the keyboard. No success. It just seems like the KitKat update has been a heap of garbage for many SGS3 owners.
Since the KitKat update pushed to my SGS3, I have had a number of big issues with my phone, which the benefits of KitKat cannot outweigh in order to make me happy about this update. In addition t... See more...
Since the KitKat update pushed to my SGS3, I have had a number of big issues with my phone, which the benefits of KitKat cannot outweigh in order to make me happy about this update. In addition to the battery life and performance problems which many of you have also reported encountering, I've had major issues with the Swype keyboard. Here are the issues I've encountered with Swype Huge spikes in lag on input recognition: I can Swype a word and the tracer line can take several seconds to appear, which sometimes causes it to not recognize that I ended my Swype, requiring me to tap the end of the tracer line as accurately as I can to try and salvage the word I was Swyping, but more often than not, I end up having to delete the word and try again "Dropped" words: Sometimes, when I successfully Swype a word (tracer line appears, I was very accurate in my Swyping, etc), it fails to input the word and will just give me a space. No selection of "did you mean?" words above the keyboard, no "sorry try again" message above the keyboard, nothing, just a space Lack of input recognition when receiving text messages: this might be a phone performance issue and not Swype's fault (actually, all my issues might be and probably are caused by the massive performance drop caused by this boondoggle of an OS update) but when I receive text messages while I'm writing something, Swype will lock up and stop recognizing my inputs for a few seconds while the phone handles the arrival of the new text message Load Lag: when selecting a text field to start inputting text, whether it be in Chrome, the default text messaging, Facebook, or Gmail, it can be several seconds for the Swype keyboard to appear (the longest I've seen is 20 seconds). I've encountered this in a number of scenarios, including times when the text field I was using was in the only running app following a close of all other apps and a dumping of the RAM cache to free up memory capacity, so it does not seem to be isolated to times of high CPU and/or RAM load. Anyone else experiencing one or more of these problems with Swype? If so, have you been able to solve them without sacrificing Swype? I fell in love with this keyboard back in the days of my Moto Droid X, so I don't want to give it up unless I absolutely have to. Thanks!
I have been experiencing similar issues with my SGS3 since the update as well, in addition to my phone's performance being absolutely horrendous. For the data thing, here's what I did: 1) Go ... See more...
I have been experiencing similar issues with my SGS3 since the update as well, in addition to my phone's performance being absolutely horrendous. For the data thing, here's what I did: 1) Go to Settings 2) Under the "Wireless and networks" category, select "More settings" 3) Select "Mobile networks" 4) If the item "Network mode" says "Preferred network mode: Global," select it and switch to "LTE/CDMA" Doing that stopped the constant data disconnect/reconnect issue for me. As for the battery life thing, I don't know what to tell you. I had been having terrible battery life before the update, so I got a Morphie Juice Pack case for my device a couple months back.
Oh and a quote from a November 2007 Verizon press release: “Any device that meets the minimum technical standard will be activated on the network.”
Here's the relevant C Block rule: (b) Use of devices and applications. Licensees offering service on spectrum subject to this section shall not deny, limit, or restrict the ability of their cu... See more...
Here's the relevant C Block rule: (b) Use of devices and applications. Licensees offering service on spectrum subject to this section shall not deny, limit, or restrict the ability of their customers to use the devices and applications of their choice on the licensee’s C Block network, except: (1) Insofar as such use would not be compliant with published technical standards reasonably necessary for the management or protection of the licensee’s network, or (2) As required to comply with statute or applicable government regulation.
Using a previously-activated 4G SIM card works, but trying to activate a new one in an LTE Nexus 7 fails because it is not on Verizon's device whitelist, which is a violation of the FCC's C Block... See more...
Using a previously-activated 4G SIM card works, but trying to activate a new one in an LTE Nexus 7 fails because it is not on Verizon's device whitelist, which is a violation of the FCC's C Block rules: (b) Use of devices and applications. Licensees offering service on spectrum subject to this section shall not deny, limit, or restrict the ability of their customers to use the devices and applications of their choice on the licensee’s C Block network, except: (1) Insofar as such use would not be compliant with published technical standards reasonably necessary for the management or protection of the licensee’s network, or (2) As required to comply with statute or applicable government regulation.
Could be Verizon's constant notification to enable WiFi being added to this device, like it is on the Galaxy S III and DROID Incredible 4G LTE
Depends on the device and the software version. Some of them have the WEA's embedded with the device setting, instead of with a particular app.
I thought Verizon was discontinuing Navigator soon. Maybe that's just for Android 4.0 devices and higher.
It probably does make a difference that you're using GO SMS Pro as your default messaging app. I've never encountered any issues with WEAs doing this on a Thunderbolt running the stock txt app.
Definitely sounds like a router issue. Some ports being used by the app might be blocked in the router settings.
The Droid X batteries are pretty terrible at the end of the phone's life. Mine could discharge in under 2 minutes just from going on the internet in the weeks before my Galaxy S III arrived.
Then yeah, you have issues. Sounds like your battery died to me, since it won't go past the logo to the charging screen but also doesn't turn off even after leaving it on the charger for 2 hours.
How long did you let the phone sit on the charger before pulling the cord? When you go to charge it when it's turned off, it won't automatically turn on, it will just give you the charging screen... See more...
How long did you let the phone sit on the charger before pulling the cord? When you go to charge it when it's turned off, it won't automatically turn on, it will just give you the charging screen. Since it's an old phone and depending on how long you let it sit, it might have needed more time to get past the Moto logo.
Yeah, you can't ask questions like that in this forum. It's against the ToS.
Get Google's Play Music. It will take all those song files stored on your phone and upload them to the cloud, allowing you to create and manage playlists online through your PC or Mac's browser t... See more...
Get Google's Play Music. It will take all those song files stored on your phone and upload them to the cloud, allowing you to create and manage playlists online through your PC or Mac's browser that then sync to your phone.
Some towns that should have good coverage from at least one carrier just don't because the carriers' courage fails them with wealthy, paranoid residents oppose new towers based on inaccurate info... See more...
Some towns that should have good coverage from at least one carrier just don't because the carriers' courage fails them with wealthy, paranoid residents oppose new towers based on inaccurate information about the towers and their impact. It is one of my biggest pet peeves. The whole NIMBY philosophy (Not In My Backyard) really kills lots of necessary projects in towns across America...
You probably have the same problem that I have with reception at home. Paranoid, ignorant, wealthy residents of my town block any effort by a carrier to put in a new cell tower and expand the ter... See more...
You probably have the same problem that I have with reception at home. Paranoid, ignorant, wealthy residents of my town block any effort by a carrier to put in a new cell tower and expand the terrible coverage in my town, all because they think a tower would be an eyesore (and therefore impact their property values), that cell towers cause cancer (they don't and even the American Cancer Society acknowledges that fact), or a combination of the two. A) Towers can be built to look less awful, for example by making them look like trees B) Cell towers have NOT been proven to cause cancer and the majority of the evidence regarding cell tower emissions points to this. Unfortunately, the carriers are so terrified that some wealthy group of "activists" will make a huge PR stink for them that the carriers will roll over and drop plans to put up more towers in wealthy areas plagued by poor reception at even the hint of a well-funded opposition, even though there is VERY rarely any legitimate legal ground for blocking the new towers. The bad PR is enough to send carriers running out of town with their tails between their legs.
Of course, I got my first spam call on my phone in over a month the day after posting this... It wasn't one of those robodial recordings though.
Try it from a different computer, if possible, since I haven't seen any other reports of this issue and it, therefore, must be something with your computer.