Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,122 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

HeyHank's Posts

I finally gave up on Verizon to get us an update fix, caved and did the factory reset. I left some apps uninstalled, and my battery life is much better since, (its only been a week) so we'll see ... See more...
I finally gave up on Verizon to get us an update fix, caved and did the factory reset. I left some apps uninstalled, and my battery life is much better since, (its only been a week) so we'll see how it goes going forward. The complaint I have is that we pay this high dollar for Verizon "service", yet we can't rely on Verizon to get us the update we need to fix our issues, instead we have to jump thru all the useless hoops that don't resolve anything, and end up having to do the time consuming factory reset which in some cases doesn't change a thing.
My battery life went to pots since Lollipop. I have been putting up with it for months now hoping an update fix would come out. This was after repeated useless calls to Verizon. The only good par... See more...
My battery life went to pots since Lollipop. I have been putting up with it for months now hoping an update fix would come out. This was after repeated useless calls to Verizon. The only good part is, they sent me a new battery. It's not any better, but I do have a spare now.
Is there any help for us battery drain sufferers? I had excellent battery life with my S5 until I did the Lollipop update. Now its horrible, always have to recharge before the end of the day. Som... See more...
Is there any help for us battery drain sufferers? I had excellent battery life with my S5 until I did the Lollipop update. Now its horrible, always have to recharge before the end of the day. Some days don't make it till I get off work at 5. We need a fix ASAP. All Samsung wanted to do make me send the phone to them. Not gonna happen! This had been going on for months! Forget the stupid, "Disable apps, do this, do that". Get your heads together with Google and Samsung, and get the junk off our phones that's draining our batteries!
Are you still having the battery life issue? My S5 just started it since I did the Lollipop update. I have yet to find a fix for it.
Had my Galaxy S5 for 4 weeks now, never dropped a call yet! Using it in the same areas I was using the G2. Proves my point, it was the LG phone like I had been trying to tell Verizon for months.
No, my problem still exists. I am very frustrated with this phone. I can have 3 bars of signal, the party on the other end will say "You're breaking up on me", then sometimes it will drop the cal... See more...
No, my problem still exists. I am very frustrated with this phone. I can have 3 bars of signal, the party on the other end will say "You're breaking up on me", then sometimes it will drop the call, sometimes not. I also have had times that I know I was in a decent signal area and got a voicemail where someone tried to call me but my phone never rang.
Was told by Verizon tech this morning that if you take your Samsung phone to Best Buy they will roll the software back to Jelly Bean. He thinks there is no charge for it. Hope this helps. I final... See more...
Was told by Verizon tech this morning that if you take your Samsung phone to Best Buy they will roll the software back to Jelly Bean. He thinks there is no charge for it. Hope this helps. I finally got them to let me swap my S4 for a G2.
I called Verizon support this pm and the call dropped right after the agent answered, and this was in a completely different area. The agent called me back, and is to get back to me later today. ... See more...
I called Verizon support this pm and the call dropped right after the agent answered, and this was in a completely different area. The agent called me back, and is to get back to me later today. This area is not in extended network, it is Verizon. My primary use area is in the 38242 area. I changed my setting from Global to LTE/CDMA this pm, will see if that helps, and also see if Verizon tech has other options they want me to try.
No there was no liquid or phsical damage. The phone is in pristine condition.
I had this phone less then 2 weeks. The calls started dropping intermittently in the same area that my Samsung S3 would sometimes get choppy. Yes, I can call right back if I choose to. Several da... See more...
I had this phone less then 2 weeks. The calls started dropping intermittently in the same area that my Samsung S3 would sometimes get choppy. Yes, I can call right back if I choose to. Several days ago I tried making a call and it refused to dial out even tho I had up to 3 bars of signal. It finally went thru after 5-6 tries. I have my phone set to vibrate and ring, except when I am in a mtg I set it to vibrate only. Is there another brand of phone that would have better signal? My Samsung S4 had better signal then the S3 or the G2, but it had the texting issue which is why Verizon replaced it with the G2. Now I am wondering if I should have gone with a Motorola instead. I was not aware of the G2's poor signal when I chose it. The other option would be for Verizon to put up a cell tower in the 38224 zip area.
I am having problems with my LG G2 dropping calls, and not ringing when someone tries to call me. This morning it wouldn't even dial about 3 or 4 times even though it showed 2-3 bars of signal. A... See more...
I am having problems with my LG G2 dropping calls, and not ringing when someone tries to call me. This morning it wouldn't even dial about 3 or 4 times even though it showed 2-3 bars of signal. Am I the only one with this problem?
I would call in to Verizon tech support and see if they will replace the phone for you now that they have acknowledged that there is a problem. Or if not maybe they have an estimated time that th... See more...
I would call in to Verizon tech support and see if they will replace the phone for you now that they have acknowledged that there is a problem. Or if not maybe they have an estimated time that the update fix will be out. If that is too far away or they don't know, then if they refuse to replace the phone, file a complaint with the BBB like I did.
Filed complaint with BBB after being told they could not replace my phone with a different model in spite of not having a software update to fix the issue. Yesterday I was callled by an agent fro... See more...
Filed complaint with BBB after being told they could not replace my phone with a different model in spite of not having a software update to fix the issue. Yesterday I was callled by an agent from Verizon headquarters who said Verizon has now determined this to be a known issue and an update is in the works but they don't have an ETA on it yet. I was given the option of waiting for the update, or having my phone replaced. I mentioned the LG G2, or the Galaxy S5. Was told I could have the G2, but not the S5, so I decided to go that route. Hope this helps you guys.
Duplicate post - please see: Re: S4 not always sending text messages Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
Same problem here. Master reset made it worse then ever. Verizon is wanting to replace my phone with another S4. I am holding out for a S5 replacement because if you replace junk with junk its st... See more...
Same problem here. Master reset made it worse then ever. Verizon is wanting to replace my phone with another S4. I am holding out for a S5 replacement because if you replace junk with junk its still gonna be junk. Why does Verizon not reply to this issue get an update to fix it?
Why are we not hearing anything from Verizon on this texting issue? My phone acted up again last night. I had to retry about 3-4 times before the text finally went. Where is Verizon customer serv... See more...
Why are we not hearing anything from Verizon on this texting issue? My phone acted up again last night. I had to retry about 3-4 times before the text finally went. Where is Verizon customer service??
Glad its working for you! I don't have the calling issues, and my texting is better then it was, it might go 3-4 days without a hitch, then act up several times in one day.
I am having the same issue. Started after Kit Kat update. All the rebooting and junk we are told to do doesn't fix it. Verizon needs to come up with a fix for it or give us new phones that work!
When can I expect a fix?