Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,052 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

DalekGirl's Posts

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy SIII less than two weeks ago from a physical Verizon store, and got the insurance coverage. I believe I left the phone at my table at a restaurant, called the... See more...
I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy SIII less than two weeks ago from a physical Verizon store, and got the insurance coverage. I believe I left the phone at my table at a restaurant, called the very next day and went in and no phone.  The phone is currently dead (it goes right to voice mail).  I have reported it to the local police. I have an old phone I can activate (transfer my service to).  My first question is about the insurance claim. On Verizon it has information for; Advanced Devices $6.99 per month per covered device. $99 non-refundable deductible per approved claim. 2 replacements in a 12-month period with an equipment maximum of $1500 per claim (in New York, 2 claims per policy year). Other Devices $9.99 per month per covered device $169 non-refundable deductible (8GB, 16GB iPhone® 4 and 16GB iPhone® 4S) per approved claim $199 non-refundable deductible (32GB iPhone® 4 and 32GB, 64GB iPhone® 4S) per approved claim 2 Replacements in a 12-month period with an equipment maximum of $1500 per claim (in New York, 2 claims per policy year) Q1 - Is the Samsung GSIII an 'Advanced Device' or 'Other Device'? Q2 - If I do file a claim and pay the deductible and get a replacement phone, and my original Samsung is returned to me... can the original be used with another phone number on our account? Their website also says: "Replacement devices may be remanufactured equipment. If the same model is not available, a comparable model will be provided.." Q3 - The Samsung GSIII is a BRAND NEW PHONE (as in, not my phone, but THE PHONE itself) - am I going to get a refurbished phone?  I've never had luck with refurbished phones, but then again typically I've gotten a replacement after the phone has been out a year+ so there would be refurbished phones on the market.  OR if there are no refurbished phones, will I be given a 'substitute' phone (something 'similar')?  If that is the case I'll just go buy a new phone.