Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,376 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

msturgis's Posts

Michelle_VZW - there are no issues understanding why someone gets charged a damaged device fee. Anyone who came here complaining about a damaged device fee didn't ask for explanations for the cha... See more...
Michelle_VZW - there are no issues understanding why someone gets charged a damaged device fee. Anyone who came here complaining about a damaged device fee didn't ask for explanations for the charges. The typical issue is that the recipients of such charges do not agree with verizon's damage claim. 
Don't just guarantee it - prove it. Show me one case where "someone didn't fully check their phone for damage or corrosion before sending it in and claimed there was no damage."
Yes, verizon has millions of customers, but they are not doing millions of warranty swaps. The horror stories are on this forum, as well as other parts of the web. Even if there was only ONE c... See more...
Yes, verizon has millions of customers, but they are not doing millions of warranty swaps. The horror stories are on this forum, as well as other parts of the web. Even if there was only ONE case, it's too many. By requesting the warranty service from verizon, a customer becomes vulnerable to false charges by verizon. I didn't say it will happen for sure - but you cannot deny that it's a possibility (because it happened at least once). That's my point.
You should mark your comment "ON PAPER" in big lettering. Many verizon customers sent devices back to the warehouse that didn't have any damage, internal or external, only to be charged later hun... See more...
You should mark your comment "ON PAPER" in big lettering. Many verizon customers sent devices back to the warehouse that didn't have any damage, internal or external, only to be charged later hundreds of dollars claiming damage/loss of the equipment where very conveniently verizon's decision is final.
That's great. The fact that you are getting good speed shouldn't come to us as a surprise or even a matter of rare occurrence if verizon delivered this speed regularly as they had promised to do ... See more...
That's great. The fact that you are getting good speed shouldn't come to us as a surprise or even a matter of rare occurrence if verizon delivered this speed regularly as they had promised to do so. However, to dismiss the notion that some others might not be as fortunate to experience what it feels like to deservedly receive what one has paid for is atrocious. 
Enjoy your speed while you have it..
It's only a customer-to-customer forum when a customer's concern is a waste of time for the verizon rep.. if there is money to be made, such as when a customer threatens to leave, disconnect - we... See more...
It's only a customer-to-customer forum when a customer's concern is a waste of time for the verizon rep.. if there is money to be made, such as when a customer threatens to leave, disconnect - we see "official" vzw reps begging for PMs so they can entice the customer to stay with verizon in exchange for free car chargers that cost $1.
Ha ha guys.. you are not alone. Verizon's junk-4G network is over-saturated and this is the best you will get. The speeds definitely make me think that I am holding a lightning bolt spear in my h... See more...
Ha ha guys.. you are not alone. Verizon's junk-4G network is over-saturated and this is the best you will get. The speeds definitely make me think that I am holding a lightning bolt spear in my hand.
Bontjes, Get used to it. That is the real, day-time (when most people actually use internet) speed you will get. First they lied about a transition technology and marketed as 4G, hence the 3GPP ... See more...
Bontjes, Get used to it. That is the real, day-time (when most people actually use internet) speed you will get. First they lied about a transition technology and marketed as 4G, hence the 3GPP name LTE, Long Term EVOLUTION, a technology that was specifically drafted so that the network operators can transition/evolve their networks into the LONG TERM network. The reason it was called long-term is because this future network wasn't even defined the time of LTE drafts, let alone made available. FYI, ITU 4G spec requires 1000Mbps+ stationary and 100Mbps+ mobile (like in a moving car) speeds, and you know very well we are lucky to get 0.5% of that speed - yet verizon deceptively calls it 4G. Here's mine - enjoy. Look at the downlink jitter.. more ups and downs than paris hilton's mouth on a good day.
Bogus? You need to try a little harder for your reward of free one month of service, mate.
iPhone 5 is the only phone verizon that comes unlocked. All other compatible phones can be unlocked by customer care if you meet certain conditions like how long you've been a customer, if you ow... See more...
iPhone 5 is the only phone verizon that comes unlocked. All other compatible phones can be unlocked by customer care if you meet certain conditions like how long you've been a customer, if you owe anything to them etc. Verizon is notorious when it comes to restricting device capabilities. Even though some of its phones can be unlocked, the unlocking is partial and opens up only certain device features when used with another carrier.
Go to settings -> apps ->, find the app in the list, tap on in to view "app info", you should see the "Disable" button.
Don't even bother going to the verizon store - they won't do a thing about your broken iPhone - justifiably. Just file a claim with asurion online (www.phoneclaim.com/verizon) and move on.
Do you have insurance on the phone? If you do, contact asurion, pay the deductible, get a replacement and move on. If you don't have insurance, upgrades, used phone from craigslist/family/friend... See more...
Do you have insurance on the phone? If you do, contact asurion, pay the deductible, get a replacement and move on. If you don't have insurance, upgrades, used phone from craigslist/family/friends etc. I wouldn't waste even a penny on trying to get the phone fixed because you never know if the phone will work 100%.
CeeDeeP and mc1lean, get used to it. Verizon is no longer the premium carrier you think it is. 4G speed is pathetic where I live. Don't want to disclose my location, but here is a screenshot of m... See more...
CeeDeeP and mc1lean, get used to it. Verizon is no longer the premium carrier you think it is. 4G speed is pathetic where I live. Don't want to disclose my location, but here is a screenshot of my 4g speedtest. You be the judge, is this what we call 4G??
Adding to crelin's suggestions: If you happen to use the warranty service, be prepared to be : 1. charged $600 + tax on your bill because Verizon will tell you they never received the defectiv... See more...
Adding to crelin's suggestions: If you happen to use the warranty service, be prepared to be : 1. charged $600 + tax on your bill because Verizon will tell you they never received the defective phone, even if the tracking shows they received it. Or, 2. charged $300 + tax on your bill because Verizon will tell you they received your phone but it already had physical damage. You can't prove them otherwise. Choose your options.
Do your troubleshooting before you engage tech support (who often times are clueless). Try sending texts from another phone to your sons phone - see if the messages go through. Try to isolate the... See more...
Do your troubleshooting before you engage tech support (who often times are clueless). Try sending texts from another phone to your sons phone - see if the messages go through. Try to isolate the issue to one side or other.
Use the chat function on verizon website, or use skype to call 800-922-0204. Are you still a verizon customer? Verizon will unlock it only if you are a customer (+ a few more requirements). O... See more...
Use the chat function on verizon website, or use skype to call 800-922-0204. Are you still a verizon customer? Verizon will unlock it only if you are a customer (+ a few more requirements). One advice: DO NOT EVER TRUST ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE REP, VERIZON OR NOT. These are some of the lowest paid jobs that seem to attract class-less, integrity-less "low-life"s who simply don't care to be honest with the people they deal with - work or outside of work. Always verify.
Once it disconnects, does it reconnect automatically when you turn the screen on?
The store employees simply lied to you. A return is always a NO-NO and it's looked-down upon on the rep/store doing the return, even if the rep/store wasn't the original seller. They simply lied ... See more...
The store employees simply lied to you. A return is always a NO-NO and it's looked-down upon on the rep/store doing the return, even if the rep/store wasn't the original seller. They simply lied to you.