Ann: I appolgize for all the upercases, i am aware it aclaims that i was shouting....So i will give the method a try thanks for your help. See how it goes but that does sound promising.   Wildm... See more...
Ann: I appolgize for all the upercases, i am aware it aclaims that i was shouting....So i will give the method a try thanks for your help. See how it goes but that does sound promising.  Wildman: I am 100% sure i did not have another finger touching the display. This is definitely not a multitouch isssue. You asked me if all my data was on their when they handed my phone back and my answer is yes. I believe they only did an update. All my apps and such were on their when i got it back. I will follow the steps and see if that solves the problem.  Gracias.
HI EVERYONE,   I HAVE A DROID X, I HAVE HAD IT FOR 3 MONTHS NOW. MONTH AFTER I BOUGHT THE PHONE I WAS SURPRISED ABOUT THE FACT AS TO WHY IT WOULD RANDOMLY SELECT AN APP AFTER I HAD JUST TURNED ... Ver más...
HI EVERYONE,  I HAVE A DROID X, I HAVE HAD IT FOR 3 MONTHS NOW. MONTH AFTER I BOUGHT THE PHONE I WAS SURPRISED ABOUT THE FACT AS TO WHY IT WOULD RANDOMLY SELECT AN APP AFTER I HAD JUST TURNED THE DISPLAY ON AND IT SEEMED TO ME AS IF THE PHONE WAS THINKING I WAS PRESSING DOWN IN THAT PARTICULAR SPOT BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT GO AWAY!! I HAD TO PULL OUT THE BATTERY BECAUSE I WAS NOT ABLE TO POWER IT DOWN FROM THE BUTTON. SO I THOUGHT, SO WHAT MAYBE ITS JUST A LITTLE BUG. 2 WEEKS AGO IT REALLY GOT ON MY NERVES I TOOK IT TO VERIZON AND TRIED TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING BUT THE PHONE WAS FUNCTIONING FINE IN FRONT OF THEM. I TOLD THEM HOW I HAVE DONE THE HARD RESET 2 TIMES AND THEY SAID OK HOLD ON. THEY UPDATED THE PHONE TO 2.2 AND GAVE IT BACK TO ME AND SAID ITS ALL FINE NOW. SO I TOOK IT HOME, COUPLE DAYS LATER I WAS TRYING TO MAKE A CALL TO A FRIEND AND IT WOULD NOT GO THROUGH I DIALED THE NUMBER AND HIT THE TALK/SEND BUTTON AND NOTHING HAPPENED, (I LATER VERIFIED WITH FRIEND, THEY RECEIVED NO CALL). THE PHONE DECIDED TO TURN OFF ON ME AND THEN RESTARTED, AFTER THAT I WAS ABLE TO MAKE A CALL BUT MY INTERNET STOPPED WORKING THEN, FOR ABOUT GOOD 20 MINUTES I HAD NO INTERNET AND I WAS ACTUALLY ON BART RIDING TO WORK AND I WAS WELL OVER 20 FEET FROM THE GROUND AND I RECEIVED NO INTERNET SERVICE, VERIFIED WITH VERIZON MAP THAT THERE IS MAGNIFICENT SERVICE IN FREMONT, CA. SO I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE VERIZON STORE AND THE GUY TOLD ME THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PHONE, LONG STORY SHORT, HOW DO I PROVE TO VERIZON THAT MY PHONE IS SCREWING UP AND CONSTANTLY DOES THE SYMPTOMS I DESCRIBED ABOVE. MY PHONE IS NOT ROOTED OR ANYTHING ITS ACTUALLY PRETTY SIMPLE I HAVE ABUT 3 APPS AS OF RIGHT NOW DUE TO ALL THE PROBLEMS. YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW FRUSTRATING THIS MAY BE  FOR ME WHEN I USE MY PHONE FOR MY WORK AND PERSONAL USE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? IM UP FOR ANYTHING AT THIS POINT.  THANKS.